Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't matter how old you were at that time, getting relegated was the worst feeling. Back then, it was the missing out of playing in the top tier and playing top teams. Nowadays, it's the financial hit that people dread.
Pat Jennings is a Spurs legend, typical gooners to try and claim him. He only left because we didn't want him. I wish he had chosen another team, mind.
Remember feeling extra sad at losing Pat, as he won the Player of the year around that time.
:pochfacepalm:

Really? I just presumed NC was the first game. I know I was at the first game as me and my dad did every home game that year,as a opposed to just most like the year before. A sad time,but still a great season. Is my memory playing tricks on me again,or was the new kit a well kept secret. I'm pretty sure the first I knew of it was at the first game when we bought the programme. Long time ago mind
Sorry but I don't know how to put up pictures etc..but I have changed my avatar to the programme.
The Official line in the programme on Jennings departure says
"The transfer of Pat Jennings to woolwich last week was given prominence in the press, but this is our first opportunity to comment on a move that we know must have caused much concern among supporters.
Although it is not unusual in this present age for a player of long service with one club to make a move to another in the later stages of his career,we wish to emphasise that we are disappointed that we were unable to resolve the circumstances resulting in his transfer.
Pat gave us wonderful service and established a club apperance record of 472 League games that may well stand for a very long time.In achieving world-wide recognition, he also established an all time international record of 68 appearances for Northern Ireland.
We thank and applaud him for that long and brilliant stretch of service as a Spurs player and wish him and his family well in the future."

The Bristol Rovers game was the day before my 23rd birthday so had a few beers before and after the game. Never missed a game that season, travelling to the away games on K.R. coaches, had a great time back then.
Yippee......I'm not the oldest person on this forum, I was 20 the year we were in the Second Division. Didn't go to the game as we had a family party just before my parents went back to Malta. Made my mum sit through Match of the Day though. Don't forget, this was before video, YouTube and iplay....however did we manage?

Yippee......I'm not the oldest person on this forum, I was 20 the year we were in the Second Division. Didn't go to the game as we had a family party just before my parents went back to Malta. Made my mum sit through Match of the Day though. Don't forget, this was before video, YouTube and iplay....however did we manage?
Actually I remember you way back then, from the supporters club and the s c trains before I decided to travel with KR on the coaches as had more rucks oops I mean laughs.
:)

Actually I remember you way back then, from the supporters club and the s c trains before I decided to travel with KR on the coaches as had more rucks oops I mean laughs.
:)
I started going to away games in 1982 and loved going on the supporters club trains, not a great traveller by coach. It helped that kick offs were always 3 o'clock on Saturdays. Goodness gracious, that was a long time ago.

Sorry but I don't know how to put up pictures etc..but I have changed my avatar to the programme.
The Official line in the programme on Jennings departure says
"The transfer of Pat Jennings to woolwich last week was given prominence in the press, but this is our first opportunity to comment on a move that we know must have caused much concern among supporters.
Although it is not unusual in this present age for a player of long service with one club to make a move to another in the later stages of his career,we wish to emphasise that we are disappointed that we were unable to resolve the circumstances resulting in his transfer.
Pat gave us wonderful service and established a club apperance record of 472 League games that may well stand for a very long time.In achieving world-wide recognition, he also established an all time international record of 68 appearances for Northern Ireland.
We thank and applaud him for that long and brilliant stretch of service as a Spurs player and wish him and his family well in the future."
Cheers

english-league-division-one-match-at-vicarage-road-watford-1-v-0-picture-id860026988

Me and my mates on the pitch at Southampton, celebrating promotion. I am the little squirt at the end, 23 years old don't laugh.

Took bloody ages to work out how to put this photo on the thread, hope it was worth the effort - no piss taking

Me and my mates on the pitch at Southampton, celebrating promotion. I am the little squirt at the end, 23 years old don't laugh.

Took bloody ages to work out how to put this photo on the thread, hope it was worth the effort - no piss taking
Great photo...can you explain in the tech thread how you managed it mate..

Back
Top Bottom