Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't know where else to put this, was just having a flashback to before the all seeing media and internet fueled football of today, that feeling when you were listening to Five Live in the 90's and they would say "Late goal at White Hart Lane over to Jon Champion"....

For that split second the range of emotions as you waited which way it had gone, then you hear the crowd noise and get that euphoria as you hear the confirmation of a Sheringham or Ginola goal, magic

Don't know where else to put this, was just having a flashback to before the all seeing media and internet fueled football of today, that feeling when you were listening to Five Live in the 90's and they would say "Late goal at White Hart Lane over to Jon Champion"....

For that split second the range of emotions as you waited which way it had gone, then you hear the crowd noise and get that euphoria as you hear the confirmation of a Sheringham or Ginola goal, magic

The weirdest thing is that nowadays, (unless you're actually AT the game or watching it live on tv) following the game via any other form of media, especially S....T....R....E.....A....M....S is a time-delay minefield...
Often, the game you're 'watching live' is SO delayed, it's a battle to combine the emotion of KNOWING we've scored, about a minute or two before being able to see it!
Sometimes I SWEAR LiveScore knows we've scored BEFORE we've scored!!

1st World Problems, huh?
:pocheyes:

Derby away in 87-88 season. I remember this christmas game fondly as it had been a shocking season and derby gave us a absolute pounding but Paul Moran changed the game and set up Clive for the winner. I spent the rest of the season telling all my mates that Moran was going to be the next big thing. Clives finish is absolute class naturally.

Derby away in 87-88 season. I remember this christmas game fondly as it had been a shocking season and derby gave us a absolute pounding but Paul Moran changed the game and set up Clive for the winner. I spent the rest of the season telling all my mates that Moran was going to be the next big thing. Clives finish is absolute class naturally.

Remember it well... watching at home on ITV... remember when THEY used to sbow live league games??
To be honest, I'm still in shock that the game took place 30 YEARS ago next week!!!

Man I'm old!

Remember it well... watching at home on ITV... remember when THEY used to sbow live league games??
To be honest, I'm still in shock that the game took place 30 YEARS ago next week!!!

Man I'm old!
I know is mad how time flies. Loved that light blue hummel shirt as well.

DeNA3PiWsAE5hGs.jpg

Steve Heighway v Pat Jennings

Just came across this absolute weapon on Twatter. :mad:

Made me think about Jennings' halftime guest appearances at Spurs games, and also his involvement in Spurs' corporate hospitality.

Does he do anything like this for Woolwich?

Just came across this absolute weapon on Twatter. :mad:

Made me think about Jennings' halftime guest appearances at Spurs games, and also his involvement in Spurs' corporate hospitality.

Does he do anything like this for Woolwich?

no I don't think he does.
I know he's a club legend, but I can't forget he played for the scum. I know the club treated him like a piece of shit at the time but did it have to be them?

no I don't think he does.
I know he's a club legend, but I can't forget he played for the scum. I know the club treated him like a piece of shit at the time but did it have to be them?
He didn't wanna move house... and at the time, Man City & Chelsea weren't such a 'thing'

Funnily enough, one of my first Panini sticker albums was the 1980 one, where Jennings was already at ArseAnal (along with Willy Young) I remember reading 'Tottenham Hotspur' in their 'previous clubs' biog. bit, and not quite being able to get my head around they'd once played for us!

More for the older forumees,but do you remember how first game of the season in the 2nd Division the programme (v Notts County)had the first team squad on the cover and Jennings was in the picture. Not sure what went on there and why they didn't use another photo to be honest.
Loved him,was gutted when he joined them.

More for the older forumees,but do you remember how first game of the season in the 2nd Division the programme (v Notts County)had the first team squad on the cover and Jennings was in the picture. Not sure what went on there and why they didn't use another photo to be honest.
Loved him,was gutted when he joined them.
I was a 8 the year we were relegated to Division Two. I don't really remember much detail other than battling with Bolton, Southampton and Brighton for promotion, and being struck by how lucky we were to have MotD cameras at WHL for our 9-0 drubbing of Bristol Rovers.

Maybe I'm wrong, but showing Division Two games was very unusual at the time.

I was a 8 the year we were relegated to Division Two. I don't really remember much detail other than battling with Bolton, Southampton and Brighton for promotion, and being struck by how lucky we were to have MotD cameras at WHL for our 9-0 drubbing of Bristol Rovers.

Maybe I'm wrong, but showing Division Two games was very unusual at the time.
I was 9 mate.Hard to take at that age

Back
Top Bottom