Registered Squad 17/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Read comment 56, we only have 1 slot vacant.

Aaahh makes more sense. I thought you had to register again after the group stages but I could be making that up.

Still a surprise not to see his name there. The only thing that's certain due to that is that Erik is still a fair way off first team football duties. A shame really.

Still, it looks like we can look forward to a shiny new import come January possibly :crouch:

Fair point. I do wince a little when Son is included as a 'forward' on that list. He's so much better as an attacking midfielder in my opinion...

Hopefully this is symbolic of the kick up the arse that signing Llorente is to Janssen.

Son ain't a forward, he's a midfielder that scores goals. The only reason we classed him as a forward is to keep fans sweet I'm certain.

If Sons classed as a forward then so is Dele. Neither are, they are midfielders

Aaahh makes more sense. I thought you had to register again after the group stages but I could be making that up.

Still a surprise not to see his name there. The only thing that's certain due to that is that Erik is still a fair way off first team football duties. A shame really.

Still, it looks like we can look forward to a shiny new import come January possibly :crouch:
Yeah, I could swear that you get to re-register the squad between group and knockout stages - hence the importance of being able to buy players in January and use them in your CL squad so long as they're not cup-tied from being in the group stages for another team...

If so, then it makes sense not to use a slot up on Lamela.

Apparently training in Wales does not count so Davies isn't counted as home grown.

Pretty sure we can re-register after the group stages as well, should we get that far.

Swansea City are registered to the FA so the fact they are based in Wales is not relevant.

You are correct that there is some minor ability to re-register players in January, as is the ability to register an extra overseas player who is a free agent now - will we is another question. Whether we decide to register Lamela or Janseen in a few weeks when we have a better idea on Lamela's recovery (October ? November ? December ?) is a question I do not know the answer to.

Why isnt Kyle Walker-Peters in CL squad? Does he not need to be registered? From what i knew by playing FM, in CL you need to register U21 also.

Also i remember that we can change only 1 player or 3 im not sure in February. So thats maybe why Poch didnt name Lamela. So we could have a bit of space later on should we progress. Or it just simply means Lamela isnt going to be ready anywhere soon.

Janssen omission does seems like he is done. Its understandable but such a shame.

Why isnt Kyle Walker-Peters in CL squad? Does he not need to be registered? From what i knew by playing FM, in CL you need to register U21 also.

Also i remember that we can change only 1 player or 3 im not sure in February. So thats maybe why Poch didnt name Lamela. So we could have a bit of space later on should we progress. Or it just simply means Lamela isnt going to be ready anywhere soon.

Janssen omission does seems like he is done. Its understandable but such a shame.

Kyle Walker-Peters qualifies as an u21 who will be registered on 'List B' which can be submitted 24 hours before any CL match.

Agree changes can be made in January - think its up to 3 changes but only one of them can have played in a CL/EL match fir a different club.

Agree that uncertainty over when Lamela will be fit again is the reason for him not being included, I'm unsure whether if Lamela is not fit by say November whether Janssen can/will be added to the squad, if not it will make sense for him to move in January (loan or perm) to a club playing CL/EL needing an extra forward (and in January there will not be too many alternative forwards available)

This is who we're registered with UEFA for Europe.

Goalkeeper
1 Hugo Lloris
13 Michel Vorm
22 Paulo Gazzaniga

Defender
2 Kieran Trippier
3 Danny Rose
4 Toby Alderweireld
5 Jan Vertonghen
6 Davinson Sánchez
21 Juan Foyth
24 Serge Aurier
33 Ben Davies

Midfielder
12 Victor Wanyama
14 Georges-Kévin N'Koudou
15 Eric Dier
17 Moussa Sissoko
19 Mousa Dembélé
20 Dele Alli
23 Christian Eriksen

Forward
7 Heung-Min Son
10 Harry Kane
18 Fernando Llorente

Tottenham - UCL - Squad

So I've noticed fans and even media fawning over our depth now.

Wait a minute, I remember the meltdowns all summer long about our weak ass squad.

We didn't sign a LB, I thought we were fucked.
Our CM pairing is out.....look at our depth!!
Winks and Sissoko..two players who were here already.

Walker out, Aurier in. No depth added.

Wasn't Trippier and Davies "not good enough for a top 4 team"?

Llorente in for Janssen an obvious step up, but it's not like he adds goals.

Same players as last year scoring.
Sanchez the obvious big difference at the the back but are we now saying that our squad has gone from weak and inept to unbelievable depth because of the addition of a CB. That might I add many claimed was unnecessary.

Seems obvious to me that the squad was already a very strong one, that we've balanced and tweaked, but people just catch Transfer fever and lose all sight of reality.

Fact is, our cover who have all stepped in were already here.

Please, come January can we leave all the crap about signings to the club. They clearly know what they are doing.

We already have 17 non HG players according to UEFA.

We may have to sell the likes of N'koudou next summer if we want to sign a qality a foreign player.
As someone else already said. Unless we sign one or two homegrowns.

younger players aging should also factor in. I think Winks can start classing as a full grown up next season, same with Dele and possibly KWP. That will give us more room for foreign players as well.

Back
Top Bottom