Registered Squad 17/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It would see the Championship looking a little like this with the above mentioned Ultimate British Premier League (I've gone off on one, apologies)

Derby County
West Bromwich Albion
Southampton
Birmingham City
Middlesbrough
Stoke City
Crystal Palace
Wimbledon
Cardiff City
Swansea City
Reading
Burnley
Bolton Wanderers
Norwich City
Ipswich Town
Queens Park Rangers
Fulham
Portsmouth
Huddersfield Town
Preston North End
Brighton & Hove Albion
Bournemouth
Hull City
Barnsley

(No room for teams such as Charlton Athletic, Wigan Athletic, Luton Town, Millwall, Bristol City, Bristol Rovers, Watford or Coventry City)

We truly are blessed with the land of football aren't we. So many sleeping giants that make up our footballing nation. Quality stuff!

Last edited:
Don't get the 'old school league' wishes, one of the beauties of the Premier League is the way the football league works with four professional leagues. I think that is more traditional if anything rather than having the premier division restricted to historic teams.

Not meaning to drag up and old question banded about but imagine if Celtic and Rangers had been able to join the Premier League and we still had all the old classic teams in it. A proper British league consisting of:

Tottenham Hotspur
The Gooners
Chelsea
Manchester United
Manchester City
Liverpool
Everton
West Ham United
Leeds United
Aston Villa
Newcastle United
Celtic
Rangers
Sheffield United
Sheffield Wednesday
Nottingham Forest
Blackburn Rovers
Leicester City
Sunderland
Wolverhampton Wanderers

What a rowdy league that would have been! Scattered with absolute giants from the British shores!
Your above design would prepare the ground for a long and bloody civil war

And if I had to replace Celtic and Rangers from that Elite British 20 I'd stick Southampton and Derby County in there instead. It would still make a ridiculous league
I'm going to bow out of this thread now. The assumptions made regarding 'britain' and 'britishness' are too cunty for me to address without an eventual visit to the bin. Enjoy your imperial fantasies, I'm out.

It would see the Championship looking a little like this with the above mentioned Ultimate British Premier League (I've gone off on one, apologies)

Derby County
West Bromwich Albion
Southampton
Birmingham City
Middlesbrough
Stoke City
Crystal Palace
Wimbledon
Cardiff City
Swansea City
Reading
Burnley
Bolton Wanderers
Norwich City
Ipswich Town
Queens Park Rangers
Fulham
Portsmouth
Huddersfield Town
Preston North End
Brighton & Hove Albion
Bournemouth
Hull City
Barnsley

(No room for teams such as Charlton Athletic, Wigan Athletic, Luton Town, Millwall, Bristol City, Bristol Rovers, Watford or Coventry City)

We truly are blessed with the land of football aren't we. So many sleeping giants that make up our footballing nation. Quality stuff!
Hull city? They are nobody historically. Fulham and reading are hardly big clubs either. Hearts and Hibbs could easily step in for them in this British league

Lamela makes sense considering he's injured - but strange that we'd leave 4 spaces available and not select Janssen.

That's ridiculous. Surely the whole point of having the homegrown rule was to ensure the national team didn't have young prospects stifled!

Basically your youth set up can be entirely Spanish if you want, with no right to play for England as part of their makeup but a player that's clearly all English blood, born in Cheltenham isn't classed as someone who is homegrown? Mental that!

All English regardless of where they were playing should be classed as homegrown, the same applies to young foreigners who spend 3 years at a club before the age of 21. Ridiculous rule
It's a rule designed to encourage clubs to bring through their own players in England, less so to help the home nations national teams.

Back
Top Bottom