Registered Squad 17/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think he got the hump because Janssen on 2 occasions has talked about how he doesn't want to play second fiddle etc etc.
Janssen has never said he doesn't want to play second fiddle. He's said he's frustrated with lack of playing time. But fully understands that getting one over on Harry is a gargantuan task and it's on him to deliver when allowed to play

It's poor man management.

You have FOUR free spaces. Why not just add him to the squad and if you don't rate him, don't play him. How disrespectful.

We don't have four spaces, we have none as only Kane and Rose count as over 21 club trained players now.

We named the maximum number we could.

We don't have four spaces, we have none as only Kane and Rose count as over 21 club trained players now.

We named the maximum number we could.

Ah, I wasn't aware that the home trained player rule affected our numbers.

In that case, it makes sense. Pointless having 3 strikers there when we play 1 and Son can deputise. And no point taking an injured player in Lamela.

Is it just me or is someone else feeling this way? Looking at the other premier league teams' registered squads, I think we are the second best after Man City in terms of player ability. We have one of the best squads in the country and I hope we reach our potential before we are torn apart by other richer teams.

It's not savage, it's a simple case of having to leave out a couple foreign players to meet home grown regulations.

We don't have enough home grown players in the first team squad so we have to leave spaces open for academy players who don't need to be registered.

It's not savage, it's a simple case of having to leave out a couple foreign players to meet home grown regulations.

We don't have enough home grown players in the first team squad so we have to leave spaces open for academy players who don't need to be registered.
I'd argue that is is somewhat savage considering that Llorente has been in the team for five minutes and has leapfrogged Janssen in the most-desired cup competition in club football.

I understand the reasoning, though.

I'd argue that is is somewhat savage considering that Llorente has been in the team for five minutes and has leapfrogged Janssen in the most-desired cup competition in club football.

I understand the reasoning, though.

I understand that but his job is to pick the best players.

Imagine the outcry if he left out Llorente

The rules behind the UEFA squads of 25 ('List A') players aged 21 or over are :
- A maximum of 17 overseas trained players
- 4 or more 'Club trained' players as part of 8 or more players trained by FA affiliated Clubs, and any shortage means the squad is reduced by the number of players short of the 8 players.
- An under 21 player must be registered as Part of List A if they have not been with the Club for at least 3 years.

Spurs have registered 2 Club Trained players (Kane and Rose - Winks qualifies as an u21 players 'List B' this season) with Trippier, Davies and Alli as having trained with other clubs trained with FA giving a total of 5 being 'Home Trained' which means that as we are 3 short of the 8 we need, our maximum squad size is 22 players.

Spurs have registered 16 overseas trained players (including Foyth but leaving out Lamela and Janssen), one short of the 17 total we could have registered. Which I assume means we want to add one or more overseas trained players later, probably in January.....
Tottenham - UCL

The rules behind the UEFA squads of 25 ('List A') players aged 21 or over are :
- A maximum of 17 overseas trained players
- 4 or more 'Club trained' players as part of 8 or more players trained by FA affiliated Clubs, and any shortage means the squad is reduced by the number of players short of the 8 players.
- An under 21 player must be registered as Part of List A if they have not been with the Club for at least 3 years.

Spurs have registered 2 Club Trained players (Kane and Rose - Winks qualifies as an u21 players 'List B' this season) with Trippier, Davies and Alli as having trained with other clubs trained with FA giving a total of 5 being 'Home Trained' which means that as we are 3 short of the 8 we need, our maximum squad size is 22 players.

Spurs have registered 16 overseas trained players (including Foyth but leaving out Lamela and Janssen), one short of the 17 total we could have registered. Which I assume means we want to add one or more overseas trained players later, probably in January.....
Tottenham - UCL

Apparently training in Wales does not count so Davies isn't counted as home grown.

Pretty sure we can re-register after the group stages as well, should we get that far.

It's poor man management.

You have FOUR free spaces. Why not just add him to the squad and if you don't rate him, don't play him. How disrespectful.

If that's the case though why not add Lamela as well. Something is 100% up with that one if we still have 4 free slots and it cost us nothing to add them. With 4 free slots Janssen and Lamela should be in the squad there's no logical reason on the face of it to suggest why they aren't.

This is who we've registered with the Football Association for the 2017/2018 season;

25 Squad players (*=Home grown)
01 Alderweireld, Toby Albertine
02 Aurier, Serge
03 Davies, Benjamin Thomas*
04 Dembele, Mousa
05 Dier, Eric Jeremy Edgar
06 Eriksen, Christian
07 Gazzaniga, Paulo Dino
08 Heung-Min, Son
09 Janssen, Vincent Petrus Anna Sebastiaan
10 Kane, Harry*
11 Lamela, Erik
12 Llorente Torres, Fernando Javier
13 Lloris, Hugo
14 Nkoudou Mbida, Georges-Kevin
15 Rose, Daniel Lee*
16 Sissoko, Moussa
17 Trippier, Kieran John*
18 Vertonghen, Jan
19 Vorm, Michel
20 Wanyama, Victor

Under-21 players (Contract and Scholars)
21 Alli, Bamidele Jermaine
22 Carter-Vickers, Cameron (on loan at Sheffield United)
23 Edwards, Marcus
24 Foyth, Juan Marcos
25 Harrison, Shayon
26 Oakley-Boothe, Tashan
27 Onomah, Joshua (on loan at Aston Villa)
28 Sanchez Mina, Davinson
29 Walker-Peters, Kyle
30 Winks, Harry

Under-21 players (Contract and Scholars) continued...

Amos, Luke Ayodele
Austin, Brandon Anthony
Bennetts, Keanan Chidozie
Bowden, Jamie Patrick
Brown, Jaden
Clarke, Rayan Romario
De Bie, Jonathan
Dinzeyi, Jonathan Toko Lema
Duncan, Dylan
Eyoma, Timothy Joel
Freeman, Charlie
Georgiou, Anthony Michael
Glover, Thomas William
Griffiths, Reo Revaldo
Hinds, Tariq Devontae Aaron
Lock, Matthew Joseph
Loft, Ryan
Lyons-Foster, Brooklyn
Maghoma, Christian
Maghoma, Edmond-Paris
Markanday, Dilan Kumar
Marsh, George Owen
Miller, William
Mukendi, Jeremie
Ogilvie, Connor Stuart
Okedina, Jubril Adesope
Oluwayemi, Oluwaferanmi Joshua Chibuzo
Omolabi, Moroyin
Patterson, Phoenix MacLaren
Pochettino, Maurizio
Pritchard, Joe Cameron
Reynolds, Jamie Joe
Richards, Rodel
Roles, Jack
Shashoua, Armando
Shashoua, Samuel
Skipp, Oliver William
Statham, Maxwell Louis
Sterling, Kazaiah
Tainio, Maximus Mikael
Tanganga, Japhat Manzambi
Thorpe, Elliot Morgan
Tracey, Shilow
Tsaroulla, Nicholas
Walkes, Anton
Whiteman, Alfie

Squads for 2017/18 Premier League confirmed

Has Poch registered himself for a cameo?

Back
Top Bottom