Radu Dragusin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why are we trying to shoehorn players into unfamiliar positions?

He's a centre back and that's where he will play.

It's madness.... Ironically; we just spent a couple of months with people complaining that we had FBs at CB... Now people wanna play our newly signed CB (who's not especially good on the ball) at RB even though Emerson is a perfectly good #2,

We had the same crap with VDV in the summer too.......... Just cos he played a few games at LB as a teen when in an injury crisis, we should play him ahead of Udogie in some games in some kind of tactical masterstroke.

Also see Maddison as a winger.

You play your best players in their strongest positions, FFS.

ADRIAN MUTU (Ex-Chelsea player in 2003-2004 , 27 appearances , 6 goals for Chelsea):
In the context of Radu Drăgușin's transfer to Tottenham, Adrian Mutu spoke about the possibility of the young defender taking over the captain's armband of the Romanian national team...
"...Drăgușin does not know if he can be the captain of the national team now. You see him from outside, but you don't know what he's like in the locker room of the national team. That's where the hierarchies are known, who the captains are.(currently is Nicolae Stanciu, 30 years old) ...But as a potential captain, in the future, yes! I promoted him to Romania U21 (Mutu was the manager of Romania U21 in the period 2020-2021)
Adrian Mutu said that if he were in Radu's place, he would have transferred to the Bundesliga, playing for Bayern.
Tottenham is a smaller team trying to become big or is it a big team trying to become very big. But it's not City, Chelsea, Manchester City..."

ADRIAN MUTU (Ex-Chelsea player in 2003-2004 , 27 appearances , 6 goals for Chelsea):
In the context of Radu Drăgușin's transfer to Tottenham, Adrian Mutu spoke about the possibility of the young defender taking over the captain's armband of the Romanian national team...
"...Drăgușin does not know if he can be the captain of the national team now. You see him from outside, but you don't know what he's like in the locker room of the national team. That's where the hierarchies are known, who the captains are.(currently is Nicolae Stanciu, 30 years old) ...But as a potential captain, in the future, yes! I promoted him to Romania U21 (Mutu was the manager of Romania U21 in the period 2020-2021)
Adrian Mutu said that if he were in Radu's place, he would have transferred to the Bundesliga, playing for Bayern.
Tottenham is a smaller team trying to become big or is it a big team trying to become very big. But it's not City, Chelsea, Manchester City..."

Sniff

i think it is an error from the press , when he said "...but it's not "City ,Chelsea or Man City" , he repeated the same team (City) in the same phrase , or Adrian Mutu was drunk or the journalist was drunk... one of these two variables is correct

Last edited:
i think it is an error from the press , when he said "...but it's not "City ,Chelsea or Man City" , he repeated the same team (City) in the same phrase , or Adrian Mutu was drunk or the journalist was drunk... one of these two variables is correct

I think he is talking about Lincoln City, a few stories already that he is planning his next move. I was hoping he would move to Yeovil Town, move into a nice rented house in Crewkerne 🥹

GIF by I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Australia

Yeah, agreed. Brentford for me; too big a game to throw him in for his debut against Citeh.
yes, but he is not scared or so at all about opponent teams ,remember he scored against Inter Milano in Genoa-Inter 1-1 recent ,in "Serie A", right before this transfer , when you score as centre back against more powerful team ,at 21 years old , why he could fear Brentford or other teams ?! I believe Ange wanted to give him space ( some days ) to Radu to get used to the atmosphere at the club, to get to know his teammates better, to understand the system of play of Spurs and when is ready to go to enter in arena...of gladiators...
(Ave! Moritori te salutant!)

I’m going first - this bloke is the white Anthony Gardner, fast, tall but poor on the ball and can only play in a 3 and not in a high line.

Law of averages say one will be poor base on recent successes
He actually has a couple of things in common with Ramon Vega. They were both signed from a struggling Serie A team that plays in a red and blue halved shirt (Cagliari and Genoa respectively) and they both made their debuts against Manchester United.

But, fortunately, Dragusin promises to be a much better player than Vega was.

Back
Top Bottom