Radu Dragusin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Quoting this because it got but one "Like/Thanks' and no "haha's".

Everyone of you who were punning needs to funny reaction this post. Exquisitely done.

In truth I'm just incon sole able that I missed this round.
I feel your pain, but you LINGered too long before contributing. I'll see myself out.

Ladies and gentleman... we may finally have our Marta (WAG) replacement:

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/Csd2tACKxMV/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

wolf of wall street omg GIF

Just listened to his interview. Always amazes me that these young guys from places like Romania, who have never lived in England, speak decent conversational English, not to mention he probably speaks Italian too.
I have a French A level but I doubt if I could have a sensible conversation in the language.
I once had a German girlfriend and I asked her if she thought in English or German and she could not give me an answer.
What about Sonny who speaks German, Korean and English?

Just listened to his interview. Always amazes me that these young guys from places like Romania, who have never lived in England, speak decent conversational English, not to mention he probably speaks Italian too.
I will say, I think there has to be some kind of neuroplasticity or whatever going on if someone is taught to learn a second language from a very young age. I always get the impression that in Europe, the English-speaking world has enough influence that loads get taught it early on. From there, it seems to be easier to pick up subsequent languages.

One of the thickest guys I ever knew at uni was brilliant at Spanish, and I put that down to him growing up in Bedford with an Italian-descended family where he was taught Italian as a toddler onwards as well as, obviously, English. I think doing a foreign language from Year 7 onwards, as we do here, is far too late a starting point.

On top of that, many places are so accommodating for English speakers that we don't have as much pressure to learn anything else, too.

:dohertyshrug:

We have english in school from young age, I had it from 5th grade, so when I was 11-12, now children have them even earlier. I had german to, but I couldn’t be bothered hahaha

Looks like he is rooting an Italian as well!
And she is very easy on the eye!

Spanish and Italian are relatively easy for Romanians because they are very similar to Romanian.

His English is great though. Especially compared to our Argentinian and Spanish contingent

I've managed scores of Romanians over the last 3 or 4 years and for the most part they have had impeccable English - older lads not so much, so there must have been a real push on teaching the language in schools out there since the early 2000s. Dunno if that coincides with them joining the EU or not

I’m going first - this bloke is the white Anthony Gardner, fast, tall but poor on the ball and can only play in a 3 and not in a high line.

Law of averages say one will be poor base on recent successes

We're taught foreign languages from childhood. Most of young people from eastern European countries know at least 2 foreign languages.

Back
Top Bottom