Radu Dragusin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m going first - this bloke is the white Anthony Gardner, fast, tall but poor on the ball and can only play in a 3 and not in a high line.

Law of averages say one will be poor base on recent successes

You're a meme on here for a reason, reasons like this.

Just listened to his interview. Always amazes me that these young guys from places like Romania, who have never lived in England, speak decent conversational English, not to mention he probably speaks Italian too.

That is... how to say...

Borderline insulting to me (as also more or less of Eastern European).
What do you think we do in schools? Play with cow turds and build towers from them?
Or are we just intellectually inferior due to the latitude we pop out from our mothers vags?

I don't get it.
Why is it surprising that we speak an international language that is most universal in the whole wide world?
You do understand that most Eastern European countries are fairly small, so they don't have everything in their native language (classic literature, science papers, movies, poetry, software... well almost anything)?
It is matter of surviving in global world right now.

So stop being surprised. We do not in fact play with cow turds, we study the skills we need to do well in modern world ;) .

I've managed scores of Romanians over the last 3 or 4 years and for the most part they have had impeccable English - older lads not so much, so there must have been a real push on teaching the language in schools out there since the early 2000s. Dunno if that coincides with them joining the EU or not

No, it is not about joining EU.

It is about question if country faces towards east or towards west.
In 1991 (same year I was born) the iron curtain fell. We in Eastern Europe knew that we want to escape the claws of Russian Bear (you can see why first hand in Ukraine right now). And people started to learn English. The universal language of the West.

I think I am on the brink from where the divide goes. But people who went into school system on 80's did not have the access to it, thus they were not exposed to English early on.

But youngsters speak English very well... cause well... we have to :)

I’m going first - this bloke is the white Anthony Gardner, fast, tall but poor on the ball and can only play in a 3 and not in a high line.

Law of averages say one will be poor base on recent successes
If he's good in the air, can clear the ball, and kick opponents into Oblivion, i'm a happy clapper!!

room bath GIF

For me, his characteristics are what I am thrilled about, he seems like one who could blend well with both Romero and VDV, against brute teams Romero and him, against high pressers and pace teams VDV and him.

Think he will be excellent, given a little time (but hope immediately of course). His profile of dropped from Juve and excelling is textbook Ange (facing young setbacks and growing from it).

Love this signing. Props the Levy for demonstrating change in the workplace, props to Ange for compelling it.

Trolling but effective. Several bites already
Haha I do think we need to brace ourselves for one or two signings that might not work out. Surely not every player can equal the quality x value of Vic, Udogie, Sarr etc?

Would love to know how much of our recent recruitment is linked to the tie up we did with Tony Bloom and the BHA data model? Whatever we paid for their IP, money well spent (or is this just a rumour)?

Haha I do think we need to brace ourselves for one or two signings that might not work out. Surely not every player can equal the quality x value of Vic, Udogie, Sarr etc?

Would love to know how much of our recent recruitment is linked to the tie up we did with Tony Bloom and the BHA data model? Whatever we paid for their IP, money well spent (or is this just a rumour)?

Gil, probably Solomon.

People are still asking questions of Richy which is understandable and the more unreasonable ones are already jumping on Johnson.

We’ve done well but no club gets every transfer perfect

Can some Romanian please tell me how to pronounce the end bit of Dragusin? I heard the mumpty Jock Brazil on Talksport this morning pronouncing the 'sin' bit like 'shan'. Sounded right to me.

Dragg-ooo-shan?

Back
Top Bottom