Radu Dragusin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you have complete confidence in his ability to quickly transform from footballing abortion to capable understudy in the next fortnight?

No, I dont. No one knows how he will perform. But you talk on VERY CERTAIN terms already despite that.

He did not put a foot wrong in away game against Aston Villa.
He has seemed to be up-to-pace with his substitution appearences before.
And he made many important blocks in Fulham game too. Also some pretty neat passing (btw, his passing accuracy was 90,6%; he made 3rd most passes after Romero and Porro) AND almost VDV-like dribble. Sure. It was coupled with few fuckups and misplaced passes too. And first Fulham goal was in significant part down to him.

But EVERY even HALF REASONABLE person should look at the whole picture. Which includes factors like -
- him not having started a single game in 3 months
- against Fulham having 0 protection from midfield, basically we had no midfield nor control in the game

I mean... he has 139 minutes (!) of EPL football under his belt.

And you come out, fully convinced that he is shit, worse than Ben Davies and should be loaned out (which, would mean once again our no 1 and no 2 CB's from the bench would be Davies and Royal).

It just reminds me of a quote...

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”​

― Charles Bukowski

WHAT and HOW you are saying is making you look not just stupid, but absolute idiot in that light.

No, I dont. No one knows how he will perform. But you talk on VERY CERTAIN terms already despite that.

He did not put a foot wrong in away game against Aston Villa.
He has seemed to be up-to-pace with his substitution appearences before.
And he made many important blocks in Fulham game too. Also some pretty neat passing (btw, his passing accuracy was 90,6%; he made 3rd most passes after Romero and Porro) AND almost VDV-like dribble. Sure. It was coupled with few fuckups and misplaced passes too. And first Fulham goal was in significant part down to him.

But EVERY even HALF REASONABLE person should look at the whole picture. Which includes factors like -
- him not having started a single game in 3 months
- against Fulham having 0 protection from midfield, basically we had no midfield nor control in the game

I mean... he has 139 minutes (!) of EPL football under his belt.

And you come out, fully convinced that he is shit, worse than Ben Davies and should be loaned out (which, would mean once again our no 1 and no 2 CB's from the bench would be Davies and Royal).

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”​

― Charles Bukowski

WHAT and HOW you are saying is making you look not just stupid, but absolute idiot in that light.
He was worse than Davies vs Fulham. I think he has high potential but for now, at LCB I think Davies is the better option FOR NOW. i have plenty of doubts about him, why are you so confident he will bounce back and instantly play well?

― Charles Bukowski

He was worse than Davies vs Fulham. I think he has high potential but for now, at LCB I think Davies is the better option FOR NOW. i have plenty of doubts about him, why are you so confident he will bounce back and instantly play well?

― Charles Bukowski

No.
I am not sure what happens with him.

I repeated number of times that we need more info to make a decision.
I never said there are no doubts about him.

If you don't understand the difference, it is hopeless to explain anything at all to you.

No.
I am not sure what happens with him.

I repeated number of times that we need more info to make a decision.
I never said there are no doubts about him.

If you don't understand the difference, it is hopeless to explain anything at all to you.
Cheap garbage

Move him on before he becomes Ndom 2.0 - a turd we can’t flush

Cheap garbage

Move him on before he becomes Ndom 2.0 - a turd we can’t flush

Oh fuck off, you are just absolute fucking imbecile.

You are willing to write off 22 yo player who got his FIRST START in new league after not starting a game in 3 months... and whole team flopped bad.

You have no grasp on reality at all.

If you want to move on players based on one game, we should clearly sell all the starting players in Fulham game.

Off to ignore list.

Radu was, according to Ion Mihai Pacepa, a radiological weapon used against dissenters and critics by Nicolae Ceaușescu's Securitate. "Radu" is a Romanian name and in this context it is a reference to "radiation". The supposed weapon was intended to lead to cancer which would result in death within months after the exposure.[1][2]

According to Pacepa, it was created by the Securitate's "Service K" in spring 1970, using radioactive materials it received from the KGB. The Romanian "Service K", founded in 1950s by the Soviets using the KGB model, was tasked with creating excuses to eliminate political prisoners who they considered dangerous to the regime's power. This included monitoring them with microphones and trying to frame them by deceiving them into making self-compromising statements. The same Pacepa claimed the service was also in charge of discreetly murdering political prisoners and making it appear like a suicide or natural death.[1]

verklempt saturday night live GIF

Gheorghe Popescu (Spurs player 1994-1995)
" Everyone is discussing whether it was good or not. Come on, good people, leave the kid alone, he's 22 years old, let him play for six months, to adapt, and after six months you put him under the microscope, but not the next day, because he dressed like that, because he played like that. He had played for few minutes , the poor thing, and we all had our eyes on him.

Let him adapt, he plays sensationally, but he needs rhythm to impose himself, not to give in, because he has competition for his position at Tottenham",
said Gică Popescu about Radu Drăgușin

last info about him (he played OK as centre back- RIGHT (in that position play Romero for Spurs) , in all the 90 minutes in the friendly match ,held in Bucharest, Romania-Northern Ireland 1-1 (Romania play 4-2-3-1, sometimes 4-3-3 ,depend against whom play)

He was bad, poor on the ball and poor in defending but it was a tough away match after 3 months without a start. Porro had an even worse debut and he recovered. Nobody should be writing him off after one start.

But he needs to improve quickly, the PL is very unforgiving and if you take too long to adapt then your opportunity to play will disappear. VDV will be fit for the next game and if he stays fit it's unlikely Radu will start another game this season. We will sign another CB in the summer so it will get even harder for him next year.

Guys we should encourage our young players. I compared him to Popescue cause I remember him from my childhood playing against England and my dad Charles told me he actually played for us, but I was too young then to remember.

Let's all give Big Drag our energy so he can be like Gicu "The Shepherd" Popescue! COYS!! Love you Big Ange!!!

last update:
Tonight, in Madrid, (Civitas Metropolitano , the stadium of Atletico de Madrid , 20.30 hour, local time)
Romania - Colombia (friendly match)
Drăgușin will play as starter said the manager Edward Iordanescu:
Romania will play 4-3-3:
H. Moldovan (GK) -Rațiu, Drăgușin , Burcă, Sorescu-
-M. Marin, Stanciu, Olaru -
-Moruțan, Alibec, Drăguș.
he will play ,centre back -right , as always he played for the national team until now

Poor game from Drag in the 3-2 loss to Colombia, hooked at half-time. Defensive awareness looks a bit shot at the moment.

Can't fault him for the first goal but second he makes a poor attempt at a challenge inside the box and falls over, leaving space for Arias to run into and score. Hope it doesn't weigh too much on the lad for Luton.

Poor game from Drag in the 3-2 loss to Colombia, hooked at half-time. Defensive awareness looks a bit shot at the moment.

Can't fault him for the first goal but second he makes a poor attempt at a challenge inside the box and falls over, leaving space for Arias to run into and score. Hope it doesn't weigh too much on the lad for Luton.
No way?

Dragusin was changed after 45 minutes played yesterday in this friendly match, Colombia- Romania 3-2 (2-0) , he played... bad.
at the half time was 2-0 for Colombia , and he was guilty of both goals conceded..,bad positioning...
Manager Edward Iordanescu replaced him because he felt Dragusin was "overwhelmed" (he said after the match) in the first half..."a possible explanation is because he played very few in the last 3 months at his club"
In these 2 friendly matches , Dragusin played all 90 minutes vs Northern Ireland (performance: OK) , and 45 minutes vs Colombia (performance: BAD)
Colombia is undefeated in the last 21 matches in a row they played (official and friendlies)! that makes them one of the best national teams in the world right now

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom