Radu Dragusin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not even a VDV role, he just showed he cannot play on the left side of defence. We had zero build up from our left all game.

If Dragusin is to play, we have to play Romero on the left in my opinion.
I don’t like the idea of playing musical chairs with the positions. Romero is a world class RCB. Dragusin is a promising player overall but I think moving Romero from his natural position where he’s one of the best in the world to fit in Dragusin is just weakening us even further.

I thought Dragusin was pretty dreadful yesterday but a lot of what I thought went wrong was simply apprehension with what he should be doing in our system and his understanding with Udogie. There were so many moments that both had no clue when to pick up and hand off players that were shifting on Fulham’s right side. He needed to be more assertive and controlling as the CB on that side. That can be ironed out with time.

Pros I saw were that he definitely came as advertised with his header clearances and he made a few gallops into the final third similar to what VDV does.

For his first full start I think some of the criticism is harsh. No, he wasn’t great but who was? He’s got a lot to learn about the pace and intensity of the PL but if he is going to play we cannot play in the same way as we do when Mickey plays.

As we know, we can play with space available around Mickey because of his speed of recovery and pace. Dragusin is not that type of player so leaving the same oceans of space can’t be an option when he plays.

I think he has the makings of a good defensive player for us but he is more of a traditional defender, he isn’t going to turn on a sixpence or chase down a striker like a whippet in the same way Mickey does. The midfield of Bissouma and Sarr should have been alive to that and offered the necessary cover. Ultimately Ange has to take responsibility as well. He above everyone else should have been aware. The late subs didn’t help, they should have been made earlier to rectify the very obvious problem. I can only guess that Ange thought his halftime team talk would take care of it, but it didn’t.

Anyway, far too early to be digging out Dragusin for yesterday’s debacle there are more senior players that are more deserving of that.

i repeat again , he never played in that position to any team until now , it's the first time when i saw him playing there , for Juventus, Genoa and Romania national team he played only as centre back - right ,not in the left , but i understand that it was an emergency and he replaced VDV there , unfortunately , things went wrong ,all team had a bad day at the office ,not just him
Porro had a shaky start. But even then we knew he was quality on the ball. I'm concerned about Drag from the few minutes we've seen, as he hasn't really shown he excels in anything yet.

Definitely not writing him off, but it would be reassuring to hear from those who've seen a lot of him, that he can play. What does the best version of Dragusin look like? He apparently models his game on Cheillini.

I did think we lacked an aerially dominant CB, so am hoping we get an aggressive Vidic type once he gets going.

Strong and quite impressive in the air, but looked unsure and awkward on the left. Im sure we'll look to get a vdv rotation option in the summer rather than try to stuff dragusin in there

The issues on the ball are obvious because he’s not left-sided, but the first goal is really bad from him. There was only one Fulham player in our box yet he had no idea he was 5 yards behind him.

The PL is hectic and any defender who can’t keep up with what’s happening around them won’t last long. Hopefully he improves quickly because I think physically he looks decent.

What we saw yesterday is that he's much more suited to Romero's role as the front foot, head the fucker out type of CB. He can do the VDV role but it's not him.

We saw nothing in one game, where we were turgid. The other players let Dragusin down with a sh!t performance om his debut.

Was like some kind of limbo world where the team had some hex put on them.

But on Dragusin, nothing too much to infer as yet, but I think he will be solid.

Last edited:
Guys let's not sugar-coat it hecwas horrendous. The first goal he literally nothing to do except stick to his man but got caught ball watching and man got away from him. 2nd goal in no man's land 3rd was slow to react . Other than that passed into the advertising twice and offered little passing forward. Did make some nice headed clearances.

Am I going to write off after one game though? No - his first start was probably nervous and needs to gel with teammates. But let's call a spade a spade he was honking and unpopular opinion but if Davies plays I think we at least draw that match. Furthermore I think Davies should be backup to vdv at lcb and drag backing up rcb

I didn't actually see the 2nd half.
I suspect if people are getting humpy at him, it's because everyone had convinced themselves he was going to be absolutely awesome from the moment he was identified as a target.

The harsh reality is he is probably potential right now and potential is often never realised.

Maybe people should calm themselves down.

I didn't actually see the 2nd half.
I suspect if people are getting humpy at him, it's because everyone had convinced themselves he was going to be absolutely awesome from the moment he was identified as a target.

The harsh reality is he is probably potential right now and potential is often never realised.

Maybe people should calm themselves down.

Maybe people shouldn't judge him after one full game either.

Anyone who does is a cunting pricking twat.

Some really harsh critique aimed at him.

I mean, I agree. He had shit game and he made some poor mistakes. He also had some very good moments - like when he cut out pretty well-crafted pass to our left wing with a stretch of his foot. Or when he dribbled past his marker around half-way line.

But all-in-all every single starting player had a shit game. In the way how Ange want us to play, our defense starts with CF putting pressure on opposition. How should have he kept Spurs in play all on his own, when 10 of the teammates never put in any intensity or real effort and strolled around the field like they would have secured all 3 points in this round too with last week 4:0 win?

It is bit hard to keep defense rock-solid, if our midfield was passed through like there was no one there.

He will be useful addition to the side over time. Very harsh to make conclusions on his ability after 1st (!) start for the side, in new league and at the game when no one from Spurs side really cared about the result of the game.

Back
Top Bottom