Race for the title

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we can get to March healthy and in the hunt I think there's every chance this year. Chelsea just won a title meaning they're overdue for a mutiny at the first bump in the road. United still have the entitlement aura covering them and Jose is bound to lose the plot if they haven't pulled away. City are the ultimate frontrunners who have a habit of fading now that they don't have the fire of players like Tevez in the side anymore.

Meanwhile we've got continuity and a tightknit squad who, Aurier, Sanchez, and Sissoko aside have felt the agony of two consecutive title challenges slipping out of their grasp. Great players love winning - champions hate losing.

As Blanchflower said, our destiny is in our own hands. We get a couple of players back from injury soon as well to fatten the squad dept.

How far we go in Europe and the other cups will end up being a factor as well ofc

Just like the people saying it's too early who will be in here next week wanking off should we beat Real and Liverpool
WTF is that supposed to mean?
Beating those 2 in a week would be a magnificent yardstick to measure our progress and strength by .
I'd crack one off on the train home on Sunday if that happens.
:)

Just like the people saying it's too early who will be in here next week wanking off should we beat Real and Liverpool
So if we think title talk at this stage of the season is silly that means we’re not allowed to celebrate good results? :dembelewtf:

You don’t half talk some shit at times.

WTF is that supposed to mean?
Beating those 2 in a week would be a magnificent yardstick to measure our progress and strength by .
I'd crack one off on the train home on Sunday if that happens.
:)
It's supposed to mean that people in here now saying "ffs lock this shit it's too early" will look a bit silly if they're in here one week later calling us champions

So if we think title talk at this stage of the season is silly that means we’re not allowed to celebrate good results? :dembelewtf:

You don’t half talk some shit at times.
Why are you in this thread?
You think it's too early to discuss our title ambitions but here you are sniping again....what's the point?

Can't you just let the people that find the topic interesting have a debate?

It's always the ones on yellow cards.....
#foundout

You think it's too early to discuss our title ambitions but here you are sniping again....what's the point?

#foundout
“Found out?” Are you aspiring to be Arcy? :harrylol: I wouldn’t start floating about that because it’s only a matter of time before you find yourself on one.

Anyhow, nice troll post but saying it is too early to talk of the title is still on topic and IS part of the debate, whether you like it or not. It also doesn’t change the fact that your comment was dumb.

Last edited:
As Blanchflower said, our destiny is in our own hands. We get a couple of players back from injury soon as well to fatten the squad dept.

How far we go in Europe and the other cups will end up being a factor as well ofc

I think the squad is shaping up to fight on a few fronts. Notice how the media is not mentioning that last seasons first choice CM pairing are both out injured and that we have not missed Walker for one minute....
It will be the same old crap if we are flying by January...."what if Kane gets injured though.....weak squad"

Sure, but personally, I'd like to see a bit of expectation-management among the fanbase.

As many posters have said here and elsewhere, top 4 this season, with no home ground, would be a major achievement. A CL cup run would be a bonus. Domestic silverware of any sort, mainly just to kill the "haven't won anything" crap, would be phenomenal.

I hope we would celebrate that, and cheer the boys on, rather than moaning that we haven't won the Leagueor we aren't challenging the Arabs. I'm all for aiming high, but the whole ethos of this club now is 'building to greatness' - and we need to support that - every week and all season. Don't get too high and arrogant, don't get too low and critical.

I'm one of the forum old farts. I've supported this club for nearly 50 years and this, believe me, is the best of times. I now travel 6 hours there and back to watch us at Wembley, every game, because now is when this team needs support, in transition. If we give it support now it will stay together.

We need to be the exception to the other 5, every single one of them has lost their way, and by 'we' I mainly mean 'us' - the fans.

Sure, but personally, I'd like to see a bit of expectation-management among the fanbase.

As many posters have said here and elsewhere, top 4 this season, with no home ground, would be a major achievement. A CL cup run would be a bonus. Domestic silverware of any sort, mainly just to kill the "haven't won anything" crap, would be phenomenal.

I hope we would celebrate that, and cheer the boys on, rather than moaning that we haven't won the Leagueor we aren't challenging the Arabs. I'm all for aiming high, but the whole ethos of this club now is 'building to greatness' - and we need to support that - every week and all season. Don't get too high and arrogant, don't get too low and critical.

I'm one of the forum old farts. I've supported this club for nearly 50 years and this, believe me, is the best of times. I now travel 6 hours there and back to watch us at Wembley, every game, because now is when this team needs support, in transition. If we give it support now it will stay together.

We need to be the exception to the other 5, every single one of them has lost their way, and by 'we' I mainly mean 'us' - the fans.
Can't agree more.

Can we pin this post to the main page?

A cup this year and a top 4 spot would be fantastic. I think top 3 is def doable this year

#foundout

sorry?
is that aimed at me? I wasnt trying to stifle debate, just clarify your point........

I still feel worried about Wembley. We don't look right there in the games against the smaller teams. We'd need to go on a really good home run to convince me we can challenge. It's all about adapting to playing there, and how long this takes to happen (if at all). As Sammy said, it's a massive disadvantage and means we are really up against it when you also look at how well City are playing and the other advantages they have over us.

I think we look good for top three/four though.

I still feel worried about Wembley. We don't look right there in the games against the smaller teams. We'd need to go on a really good home run to convince me we can challenge. It's all about adapting to playing there, and how long this takes to happen (if at all). As Sammy said, it's a massive disadvantage and means we are really up against it when you also look at how well City are playing and the other advantages they have over us.

I think we look good for top three/four though.
It’s the whole Wembley vibe for me. Sure, it’s great that we can raise a 73500 crowd against a team like Bournemouth (no disrespect to them but they aren’t a PL heavyweight) but the whole thing just feels very flat. Pockets of fans trying to get an atmosphere going from time to time, but it fades on the wind. I’m sure the players feel it too.
Moving back home can’t come soon enough.
I don’t think we will adapt to it there. It’s not our home & whilst we can dress it up a bit & throw the odd good party, the place doesn’t look, feel or sound like home. I hope I’m wrong & we start smashing it there, but I think a top 4 finish would be superb. Anything more would be a bonus & anything less, whilst disappointing, wouldn’t be unexpected.

Back
Top Bottom