Race for the title

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Im not sure there is alot of difference between us United and Chelsea, considering most pundits said they were better. Chelsea are slipping up now they have to play two games a week. United were steamrolled by Liverpool today.

We are in with a chance of 2nd place again.

Im not sure there is alot of difference between us United and Chelsea, considering most pundits said they were better. Chelsea are slipping up now they have to play two games a week. United were steamrolled by Liverpool today.

We are in with a chance of 2nd place again.

If we can trundle over the line at Wembley like today, then our away form can see us challenge....our peak will come between December and May.

City peak early, everyone thinks its in the bag...well lets see.

Poch clearly threw some teacups at halftime today but it wont come to that once some bigger teams come to play there and we can have a go at them.

Chelsea have now lost 3 games, Utd have just played their first tough match and have dropped 4pts in their last two games, and arse and Liverpool I dont even count as in the race.

Personally I can see a tough, battle scarred title challenge on the horizon, and who knows......great point you made about Chelsea suffering now they have the CL

If we can trundle over the line at Wembley like today, then our away form can see us challenge....our peak will come between December and May.

City peak early, everyone thinks its in the bag...well lets see.

Poch clearly threw some teacups at halftime today but it wont come to that once some bigger teams come to play there and we can have a go at them.

Chelsea have now lost 3 games, Utd have just played their first tough match and have dropped 4pts in their last two games, and arse and Liverpool I dont even count as in the race.

Personally I can see a tough, battle scarred title challenge on the horizon, and who knows......great point you made about Chelsea suffering now they have the CL

I agree, If we can keep getting 1-0s against the riff raff. I cant see the big teams coming to defend all game

I agree, If we can keep getting 1-0s against the riff raff. I cant see the big teams coming to defend all game

Our results look solid despite the slip ups and turgid play at Wembley.....we have to remember that is not home form. We have no home so are massively disadvantaged.

The fact we are 3rd and sitting 4pts ahead of Chelsea and Pool, and just 5 behind City (who have won it already to most) says a lot.

I get pissed off with the team when they play like the first half, but as I said, we have no home advantage, and a good few injuries. We have a lot to look forward to with players coming back.
Winks and Sissoko will be very important this season, but can you imagine when we have Vic and Dembele back..

Our form this calendar year and the table when combining the last three seasons shows we are contenders.

I don't think it's too early decide. City and Utd are contenders, is it too early to say they are too?

We are brilliant. Hard to beat. Best striker in the league. Statistically the most creative midfielder in the league and the best defence as proven over the last few years.

Our form this calendar year and the table when combining the last three seasons shows we are contenders.

I don't think it's too early decide. City and Utd are contenders, is it too early to say they are too?

We are brilliant. Hard to beat. Best striker in the league. Statistically the most creative midfielder in the league and the best defence as proven over the last few years.

We are very, very good. Not world class. But v v good indeed. Dont really understand the negativity.

Considering their sheer quality - it’s City’s to lose now. I hope however we can mount another sustained challenge this season - ever closer

Our poor league form from mid October to mid December in the last 2 seasons left us too much to do in the 2nd half of the season.

If we overcome that this season and remain within reach by Jan/Feb then we'll be in much stronger position to compete for the title this time around.

Last edited:
I don't mind a race for the title thread at all, it's good to be positive

What I do mind is a load of the people in this very thread would be going batshit crazy and NOT saying we are title contenders if Defoe scored his chance

One goal and people's entire outlook on a season changes

I don't mind a race for the title thread at all, it's good to be positive

What I do mind is a load of the people in this very thread would be going batshit crazy and NOT saying we are title contenders if Defoe scored his chance

One goal and people's entire outlook on a season changes

Just like the people saying it's too early who will be in here next week wanking off should we beat Real and Liverpool

Back
Top Bottom