PSV away - UCL Matchday 3

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

9J9LLal.jpg

yU7FJll.jpg

pDnnKPU.jpg

OneYIYb.jpg

K8VSdOS.jpg

c4D3qM4.png

L4wB1X2.jpg

vdJTIlH.jpg

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fa725b35e-d7be-11e8-926d-96790161a92a.jpg

uzzO9z8.jpg

This is absolute class!

Whatever happened to the Spurs of a couple of season's ago. CBs sweeping the ball wide to Walker and Rose, who then took on the defence themselves? Now the CBs have so little faith in Trippier (less so) and Davies that they rarely try this tactic. Davies was very good tonight at kicking the ball off the pitch!
So it's slow, slow, slow crabbing sideways, brainless, retain-possession-at-all-costs football. Our CBs must have the highest completed passes stats in the Prem League.. But we rarely go anywhere. Give it to Dier/Dembele/Winks and they'll pass it back to you! First thought of Dier/Winks is to pass it backwards.
Not sure where we go from tonight other than Man C!

Gunna say, we actually look ok. If, and that’s a big fuckin, IF, can stop being cunts at the back, especially in the last few bloody minutes then we’ll be alright.

Fuck me, with the next two fixtures coming up this could be a looooong bloody week. Need a reaction for fuck sake Spurs
I'm not concerned about our game right now. We conceded from set-piece once again and Lloris bring them back to the game.
Apart from that, we were really good today, making chances, gitting the bar twice. This team is raising, just cut off silly mistakes ffs.

Whatever happened to the Spurs of a couple of season's ago. CBs sweeping the ball wide to Walker and Rose, who then took on the defence themselves? Now the CBs have so little faith in Trippier (less so) and Davies that they rarely try this tactic. Davies was very good tonight at kicking the ball off the pitch!
So it's slow, slow, slow crabbing sideways, brainless, retain-possession-at-all-costs football. Our CBs must have the highest completed passes stats in the Prem League.. But we rarely go anywhere. Give it to Dier/Dembele/Winks and they'll pass it back to you! First thought of Dier/Winks is to pass it backwards.
Not sure where we go from tonight other than Man C!

KWP not even on the bench

Taking Moura off for Lamela baffled me. Son had to go surely. All huff-n-puff again tonight, poor shooting, etc. He's horribly out of form

See the look on his face round 85min?

Thunder.... Poch thought we had the game won.

Lucas for City/Sonny getting extra minutes/Lamela gives u a boost anyway.... Makes sense in theory, but i'd like to have seen POCH go for the kill in that sense... Show the boys on the field that we better mean business!

Dembele & Son off. Winks & Erik on. When we on top yet began to toil a bit too much.

What with less rampant pressing etc. and passive subs, maybe Poch Is lacking a little aggression too.

Last edited:
Completely missed the game (first time I’ve ever missed one of our CL matches). I’ve seen the score but can anyone tell me how we played? Unlucky again, or was 2-2 fair? Did Lloris deserve a red?

Haven’t even seen the goals yet.

We should never be happy with any lead. We should try to win every match by 3+ goals. No more of this "control the game" ridiculousness when up 1 goal.

Back
Top Bottom