PSV away - UCL Matchday 3

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
Big game. If we stand any hope of qualifying we need to win this.

We’re in good form even if we aren’t playing amazing, and the players will be in good spirits after beating West Ham.

- Lloris -
- Tripps - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Davies -
- Winks - Dier - Eriksen -
- Lamela - Son
- Kane -​

They just destroyed some Dutch cloggers 6-0.

Won't be an easy game but I think we'll have enough for them on the night. Let's hope Barcelona can beat Inter Milan.

They just destroyed some Dutch cloggers 6-0.

Won't be an easy game but I think we'll have enough for them on the night. Let's hope Barcelona can beat Inter Milan.

If Barca win all their games then we’ll stand a good chance, depending on what we can do. If we win all 3 games against PSV and Inter we should go through. We play Barca last, which may help.

If Barca win all their games then we’ll stand a good chance, depending on what we can do. If we win all 3 games against PSV and Inter we should go through. We play Barca last, which may help.

The Barcelona game for us will mean nothing if we beat PSV twice and beat Inter Milan by a one goal margin. As Inter wouldn't be able to overtake us (due to head to head rule).

Qualifying isn't in our hands though as Inter Milan would just have to get a point against Barca (possible at the San Siro) to make it incredible hard for us, considering they are likely to also defeat PSV at home.

I'd like to see

Lloris

Aurier Sanchez Alderweireld Rose

Dier Dembele/Winks

Eriksen Lamela Son

Kane

I don't know if I'd play Lamela for this one - got a good amount of minutes today and feel he's very much needed for Man City and don't want to risk him getting injured in any capacity to be honest. I think it's a great game to give Eriksen much needed minutes.

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Sanchez - Davies
Sissoko - Wanyama - Winks
Eriksen - Kane - Son
0-2

I don't know if I'd play Lamela for this one - got a good amount of minutes today and feel he's very much needed for Man City and don't want to risk him getting injured in any capacity to be honest. I think it's a great game to give Eriksen much needed minutes.

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Sanchez - Davies
Sissoko - Wanyama - Winks
Eriksen - Kane - Son
0-2
dunno, which is more important, making sure we get out of the group or beating city - City are the one team in League who i have very close to no confidence of beating, if im being honest think the boost we will get from playing Lamela against City is not gonna make up the gap between the two teams + if we get out the group i reckon we got more chance of winning the CL than the PL

dunno, which is more important, making sure we get out of the group or beating city - City are the one team in League who i have very close to no confidence of beating, if im being honest think the boost we will get from playing Lamela against City is not gonna make up the gap between the two teams + if we get out the group i reckon we got more chance of winning the CL than the PL

If we cannot beat PSV without Lamela - we don't deserve to qualify.

----------------------Lloris---------------------
--Aurier--Toby--Sanchez--Davies--
----------Wanyama--Dembele----------
--Son-----------Eriksen---------Lucas--
-----------------------Kane---------------------

Subs: Gazzaniga, KWP, Trippier, Dier, Sissoko, Lamela, Llorente.

Think Rose and Alli will stay in London. Vertonghen obviously too.

If we fail to get 3 points I think we are finished in this year's Champions league. Inter having won there means we'll have to hope Barca beat Inter twice then we'd need to get something at the Nou Camp. TBH if we don't qualify I'd rather we missed out on the Europa league. Too many years I watched us get nowhere by playing half a team and not really ever go for it. With no European football next year and being top heavy with home games in the new stadium and fingers crossed some decent performances who knows where we could be in the league with other teams focused on Europe. As long as we can stay in touching distance until Feb.

Of course i want us to qualify from our champions league group. That's what we fought for so hard last season and was an incredible achievement with 38 away games.

Expecting a narrow win. Maybe a goal in it, it’s a good time for Eriksen and Mousa to be back. Would love Rose to play. Getting very frustrated with Davies slowing down the play receiving the ball, put him arms out to indicate no options the passing it back to Sanchez. He’s offering nothing at the minute. I’d also like Aurier to start. Antonio came on and burned Trippier twice... I’m already petrified at the thought of him facing sane/sterling

We can make a number of changes and yet have a strong team. I would make 5 changes.
Lloris
Aurier, Toby, Sanchez, Davies
Winks, Dembele, Wanyama
Eriksen, Kane, Son.
Think we will win this but as pointed out we need Barcelona to win.

It is disappointing that our fate in the CL is not in our control. We cannot control what Barca does against Inter, and we cannot mend Messi's arm.

But we *can* control what we do at PSV. Time for a statement--we are getting healthy, the World Cup hangover is receding, and we win this one convincingly, 3-1 or 4-1. COYS!

Back
Top Bottom