PSV away - UCL Matchday 3

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is this a suicide pact?
Shall I call the Samaritans - or just pass you both the hemlock?
No mate, just bloody frustrating watching the same old shit...imagine if you work for the Samaritans and have to listen to all sorts all day and your a spurs fan...bloody hell that's not a fun time is it

Sickened. Gutted.
There's no two ways about it, by the high standards we've set, we've been shit this season. It's just fact. I don't care about this 'best start to a PL season ever' bollocks. Aside from United, can anyone name one game this season in which we've actually played well? We've won games by scraping past turd by 1 goal wins and having a shit load of luck in those games to boot. Even Poch himself has said we need to fight against the perception that the wins have given, and that we haven't played well. There's just no drive in the team, no fire. We take the lead and we just revert to this lax passing, trying to "manage the game" when we simply do not have the midfield talent to do this. Tonight we had the attacking talent to take PSV apart, but whilst we had chances there was no real desire to score and finish them off. If this was last season or the year before we would have won this game 3/4-1, I'm convinced of it. There's just no energy or zip about us this season. We look a stale team that have gone way beyond our ceiling.
We're crying out for a freshening up so loud it's deafening. I really hope we regroup and continue to pick up results and ride it out, but anyone who isn't even slightly worried about how this season is going to pan out just is just kidding themselves.

Disagree.

A good manager learns from his lesson against inter.
We were dominating and playing some really good football only to switch tactics and keep possession for the hell of it after going 2-1 up.

We can't defend 1 goal leads as proven previously so why not keep playing the good football and get a 3rd goal?

Another criticism is that ever since Poch has been our manager we have consistently conceded goals from crosses into the box, surely he has to have realised this and tried to fix the problem. Keep giving away stupid fouls.

Only person who let Poch down was Hugo.

Don't quite get what you're saying. It was one mad moment where it was so easy our entire midfield was pushed up and our defence was asleep. just one moment. That red changed it. With that said. Without the red we would have still had that one mad kamikaze moment. Spursy seems to be creeping back into our performances. We are getting away with it against the shit of the EPL but at this level, we are getting caught.

And the record starts again.........
forever and ever

giphy.gif

I'm still furious at our transfer dealings in summer 2016.
Back to CL football after 6 years and this what we sign - Sissoko, N'Koudou, Wanyama and Janssen:paulinhobored:

That's because our owners run this club like a business, their priority is making money before anything else, the only time they make half decent signings is when they are desperate, right now we are "comfortable" under Poch and making the CL every season and they are still making money from fans.

If we drop out of the CL next season I bet he will pull the chequebook out, this is Levy.

Ref/Hugo/Toby....

Which signing would have voided that clusterfuck exactly?
The point is that those things would have been less likely to be so decisive if we had a stronger team with more quality.

It's not a certainty but buying quality definitely increases the chances of playing better.

A club of our resources should be reaching r16 of this competition at the very least.
I agree with this, but when you don't make use of those resources to improve the on-field issues then you won't see much improvement. Should have bought in more good players or given some of our exceptional youth a fair crack. Neither has happened and thus we've stagnated.

Disagree.

A good manager learns from his lesson against inter.
We were dominating and playing some really good football only to switch tactics and keep possession for the hell of it after going 2-1 up.

We can't defend 1 goal leads as proven previously so why not keep playing the good football and get a 3rd goal?

Another criticism is that ever since Poch has been our manager we have consistently conceded goals from crosses into the box, surely he has to have realised this and tried to fix the problem. Keep giving away stupid fouls.

Only person who let Poch down was Hugo.

Maybe Poch has learned from this but the players just aren't doing what he asks of them? And since Poch knows his alternatives in the squad aren't good enough to take their place he is just trying to keep them all on side by being nice to them and hoping kindness can get them to pull their finger out more over the long term, that seems like something he would do.

I mean, everyone talks about how our pressing game has stopped but I see Lamela pressing every single time he comes on the pitch, I think that's what Poch wants from them all but he doesn't get it from them, he only gets it from them when they "feel" like doing it.

I think the players have become complacent and I think Poch has his hands tied because the squad depth isn't good enough, I think that's why he stuck with Sissoko so much last season because whilst he isn't the best player in our squad at least he busts a gut when he is on the pitch for us.

Back
Top Bottom