Pre season 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is more like it!
If we weren't in Europe we'd probably get really good numbers for this friendly. Still be a fairly decent turnout I'd guess.

Anyone know the logistics of this? Is it possible to fly to Barcelona, have a jolly old weekend and get a train to this game or something? I like the idea of it but not keen on hiring a car

Anyone know the logistics of this? Is it possible to fly to Barcelona, have a jolly old weekend and get a train to this game or something? I like the idea of it but not keen on hiring a car

I'm sure the Spanish lads will have a decent grip on this, but it looks perfectly feasible. Looks like the fast train takes 40 mins no changes (possibly no stops?). Prices look reasonable too, less than €15 each way by the looks of things.

Luke Amos, Anthony Georgiou, Josh Onomah, Carter-Vickers, Jonathon De Bie & Oliver Skipp all trained with the first team today.

All very likely to join the US tour - although I had thought Austin and Whiteman would be ahead of De Bie in the youth gk's race.

Possible starting XI vs Roma on 26th

-------------Gazza

Aurier----Foyth----CCV----Davies

-------Winks----Wanyama
Sissoko----Lamela----Lucas

------------Llorente
Many of these players have a great opportunity to cement places before the World Cup team get back. Winks in particular could play so well he cannot be left out.

I'm actually beginning to get a bit concerned about the amount of players who won't have any pre-season training. Just not enough time to have a decent rest and then get back to top level fitness and match sharpness. Hope Poch & co. have the squad members up and running to fill in. I think we're going to need them.

Just checked train prices - €200-250 return from Madrid, fuck that
Wow! Surely a flight is cheaper? Have you looked at flying to Barcelona and then getting a train?

I haven't had the chance to check out travel yet but the Mrs is up for a trip away for the weekend, both spent some time in Girona and love it. I like Barcelona but will always stay in Girona instead nowadays, takes about 45mins by train, from memory it's about £10-£15.

Back
Top Bottom