Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
He was fairly chipper & upbeat. Like it was a plucky narrow defeat. Guys become delusional.

Left hand “we all stick together”. Right hand “new phase. New project ( can’t wait to jog people on ).

Ridiculous. Jose please. His football is likely turd, but so is this.....

Seemed happy to remind everyone he said it would be a painful season.

Maybe it’s the beers, how long it’s taken to get home or because of you negative bunch, something has made me Poch out!

Think we need change somewhere whilst we still have Harry Kane who in my opinion is our most valuable asset at this moment in time.

Bit bored of the “I told you four years ago he was shit” people tonight.

A bit like saying at 7am, ”oh look, it’s midnight”, being told you’re a cunt, then turning round at midnight and saying “told you it was midnight ages ago”.

99% of the time, football manager reigns don’t end at the top. Poch has had his time, was brilliant for almost all of it, but now needs to go so we can freshen up. He also needs to go for himself too.

I’d be looking at Mourinho, Rafa, Rodgers in that order.
Nailed it.

I don’t want to sack him. I think he has earned the right to decide for himself. If he genuinely thinks he is the man to lead Spurs for the next 5 years, has the hunger to succeed here and he belief that it’s possible, he should stay. I just think he looks tired and hasn’t got over that CL final defeat. I’m not sure that in his heart of hearts, he is really up for another 5 years here. I think if he goes it has to be him that goes to Levy and says he thinks it’s best to shake hands and part ways. No hard feelings, it’s just time to change.
Now that I do agree with wholeheartedly.
I think the CL final defeat deflated him far more than we appreciate, & our form has been on the slide for a while now. But he got us to our first European Cup/CL final in our history. In itself, a mighty achievement.
If he has lost the hunger then I’d agree it’s time to go. I’d also go further and say that he should get the boot if he can’t turn it round this season. But new signings yet to bed in fully (& how spursy that 2/3 are injured?)
Make no mistake, he will be hurting after this result. He’s a proud man.
But I don’t think now is the time to go the sacking route. Thankfully, it’s not my decision to make, because there are a lot of justifiably pissed off fans right now.

How long have you been going to tottenham?
Over 30 years supporting not sure why that matters though, this is the problem within our fanbase, we have this contingent of people who say "We've never had it so good, if you were supporting us x amount of years ago you wouldn't be saying this."

Yes, yes I would because it makes no difference whatsoever, I love the club and want it to be successful, I want it to win trophies, I want it to become the biggest club in the world.

Saying "We've never had it so good" is just another way of saying "I am happy being mediocre" as far as I am concerned.

I am just checking my season ticket to see what rebate is due for writing off a whole season, must be in the small print somewhere after the price :-(
They'll charge double

Because you know the lost revenue due to no stadium naming sponsor has to be made up somewhere!

Harsh but fair, he's an excellent manager but he lacks that little something that elite managers do. There's always a feeling that coming up a bit short is kind of OK.
I am so pissed off. People go on about levy but we have had teams and squads more than capable of winning things. Its been team selection and tactics that have not been good enough and thats on him. He is good but not a top manager and i will stand by my prediction that he will never win a major trophy as manager

Remember when certain posters were branding unhappy fans as melts and claiming we didn't need to strengthen the side because we already had a great team

:memelol:

So last night was because of the summer of 2018?
And Colchester? And Newcastle? And the capitulation at Olympiacos and Woolwich? And the shit fest at the Etihad? And the first 70 minutes against Villa?

Amazing because I heard “it’s only 3 games”...last season didn’t count.

Yet last seasons transfer window counts.

The manager is still enjoying 73% support here. I never thought it would have come to this over his five seasons but it’s been apparent from almost the start of this season, he wasn’t going to bring us any further.

I did have an inkling after European Cup Final last season that he just wasn’t the man to close the deal and it does seem that the mistakes he made that night have weighed heavily on him and sapped the will out of him.

Just hope it’s a dignified and orderly parting.

Saying "We've never had it so good" is just another way of saying "I am happy being mediocre" as far as I am concerned.

But that's because you wallow in sadness ... glass half empty bollocks ...

There are 92 clubs in the English League we are in the to 6, and probably top 4 ....
There are 900 professional clubs in Europe we are in the top 20 (actually ranked 12th) ....

So your statement that we are mediocre is clearly just you feeling entitled .... get over yourself

Poch is without doubt in the top five managers currently working ... but you want him fired? It's the very epitome of a knee-jerk reaction ... have a bit more faith.

But that's because you wallow in sadness ... glass half empty bollocks ...

There are 92 clubs in the English League we are in the to 6, and probably top 4 ....
There are 900 professional clubs in Europe we are in the top 20 (actually ranked 12th) ....

So your statement that we are mediocre is clearly just you feeling entitled .... get over yourself

Poch is without doubt in the top five managers currently working ... but you want him fired? It's the very epitome of a knee-jerk reaction ... have a bit more faith.
There are 4 trophies to be won every year and how many has this top manager won?

Over 30 years supporting not sure why that matters though, this is the problem within our fanbase, we have this contingent of people who say "We've never had it so good, if you were supporting us x amount of years ago you wouldn't be saying this."

Yes, yes I would because it makes no difference whatsoever, I love the club and want it to be successful, I want it to win trophies, I want it to become the biggest club in the world.

So where you there tonight or in 30 years of support where at Bolton or Sheffield utd or Newcastle or Oldham when we stayed up?

Back
Top Bottom