Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
We're in a malaise right now. And I think a caretaker manager can improve things. Look at Tactics Tim - not a good manager, not a long-term solution at all, but did instantly improve results and got us into form that would've resulted in Top 4 had he been brought in earlier.

Did he?

22 games under Sherwood:
W: 13
D: 3
L: 6

Previous 22 games under AVB:
W: 12
D: 5
L: 5

It was hardly any better - and getting rid of Poch to bring in some random caretaker manager would be one of the worst decisions this clubs made in modern memory.

Poch has let this place team turn toxic by

- failing to ever squash any rumor linking him to another club
- Joking about leaving Spurs after Champs league final

That shit is going to take its toll on players and the mood around a squad.

It’s just gone stale, there’s nothing else to say. How many managers in the modern era have stayed at an elite team for 5+ years? Even Pep gets bored of winning titles and fucks off to a new team every few years. Poch is a smart guy and he knew this was coming, when he said it might be better for him to win the CL and let a new manager come on I think he was serious.

Not signing any new players last season really fucked us up, because they are the main source of freshness. You sign new players, you sign a new manager or you win a trophy. Those are the things that rejuvenate a club, Liverpool didn’t sign anyone for their first team this summer but winning that CL put a spring in their step. Meanwhile we are dealing with a year of built up stagnation and hoping desperately that three half-fit new signings can change everything quickly, but that’s not going to happen. I wish it hadn’t come to this but Poch will probably have to fall on his sword to compensate for our poor transfer strategy, the only way these players are going to wake up is if they have to start from zero with a manager they don’t know.

No one can believe it’s on the chairman now.
No one.
It's all on Levy.

Maybe your right. In fact you probably are right. Poch should go.

But not because he's a poor manager. But because he's the wrong manager.
The wrong manager to continue working under a regime that sees fit to let an over achieving, over worked squad that he so tirelessly nurtured stagnate and burn out with 0 fucking investment for 18 months just when we were on the cusp of greatness.

A chairman who undervalues our top performers but refuses to sell unlest he gets top value prices leaving half our first team disillusioned and uninterested.

Poch has lost his magic. But he's also lost his motivation.
And only one man can be held responsible.

When the next manager fails. You'll be the first to want him out.
And the one after that. And the one after that.

But still you'll show your undying support for the rotten apple at the top and his stinking profit means all philosophy.

Fans like you, so smug in our times of trouble, make me sick

ok - coming down from my anger high.

If Poch wants to win us back?

Stop fucking playing the dead weight.

No more Wanyama, Eriksen,

Stop fucking with the tactics and lineup. I don't want to see Sanchez at RB ever again. Stop playing Winks and Ndombele without a CDM. Dier, Skipp or even Sissoko (not preferred)

Make Lucas Kane Son work. We're not good enough (yet) to play out of the back. Use Son and Lucas' speed as an outlet. Tired of seeing Hugo kick the ball out of bounds.

Start seeing if there is something there with Sanchez & Foyth at CB.

Sess - please get well soon.

End rant... for now

Like I said in the match thread, you'd have a point if we looked dangerous in the last 20 minutes, if we were pushing up the pitch and raining in shots. We weren't. Did we have 1 shot on target in the last 20?
We gave up. Every tactical tweak that Poch made made us worse. I could hardly believe my fucking eyes when he took off Ndombele.

Fully prepared to be shot down and ate.

If Poch does go (which I don’t want, I want spurs to have all the success available under Poch’s reign) then I would snap your hand off for Mourinho.

Granted he’s had his negative moments, but the guy is a serial winner. He got United to 82 points and only 28 goals conceded with a poor team. He won the UCL with Porto!

I want Poch to stay, but we could do a lot worse than Jose. Him or Allegri are the levels of manager we should be aiming for. Not Howe.

I really don't think Poch wants to be here anymore. Did anyone listen to the Spurs Show podcast? It was pretty shocking what each guest's source was saying about Poch; they all corroborated each other as well, essentially the players have had enough and are angry about his statements about leaving after the CL final. More shocking was the itk that Kane wants to go if Poch stays.
If he is staying for money, I am extremely disappointed.

If it's his CL final comments that pissed them all off, I immediately empathize more with the players. He was a fool for saying what he said and deserves this reaction. As so many of us said on here, he made multiple arrogant comments belittling the club in the last 6 months and the CL comments were the worst. Oh and telling the world about all the job offers he gets as if we're lucky to have him.

So Poch has to either pick players he doesn’t rate (or at least thinks they aren’t ready) or pick players he does rate, but who won’t play for him. It’s all well banging on about “young and hungry” players, but that’s just cant and romanticism. Players have to be of a certain standard to play for Spurs, and if the up and comers aren’t up to that standard then why should he play them? He’s trying to win football matches, not appease a few bellyachers on a football forum. Remember Colchester? He’s hardly going to try that again.

Having said that I can’t see a future for Poch at Spurs. We can argue all day and all night about whether he’s been backed or not, but it’s unarguable that he has delivered on his his original remit - in spades - ahead of time - and if you believe that to be true then you must look at other factors outside of his control to understand why we are where we are. I think he wanted us to behave like a big club - and we haven’t done so. I hope his departure from the club is handled better than Martin Jol’s. The guy deserves better than that.

Thèse comments may turn a few heads :pochfacepalm:

Lol what the fuck is he doing? Why is he blaming the atmosphere? The fans sung his name even when we were 0-1 down, what the fuck is he expecting when we’ve been absolutely fucking shit for more than 6 months? Have the fans kneel before him?

Amazed that so many people in the media are wise after the event. It shows how little they actually pay attention to the political and footballing dynamics of the game. This was a problem from almost three years ago....the last season at the old White Hart Lane stadium. Spurs had their best season and their best team for 50 years and at the end of that season Levy and the English National Investment Company reacted to this by...selling their right back for 50 million to a rival that was struggling in that position. They replaced him with a 30 million Aurier. The remaining 20 million where did that go? Everyone should have joined us in highlighting them by exposing their real intentions - to use the football club as an asset in a business portfolio including building a new stadium without putting in a penny of ENIC's considerable wealth and making fans and the team pay for the pleasure. When they sell their portfolio asset, not a penny will go to the people who actually paid for it.
Ever since, it has been a typical marketing propaganda campaign to con fans to think that ENIC wants the same thing for the club as they do so that it can keep extracting wealth by stealth. Until "football fans" wake up to the con that is business ontology, they will always be taken for a ride in modern football, unless their team is owned by a sovereign oil state to whom money is literally confetti and football is basically an exercise in sports washing. Portfolio stadiums don't win trophies top players do. Hosting NFL matches is more important than winning trophies for them so don't expect them to win a trophy. And now the players (and Poch) realize the con they play like empty ghosts. Just amazed fans are swallowing this stuff. All that remains of my club are the colours - the rest is an ENIC expression.
One trophy in 19 years of ENIC ownership, and its reaction to the 16/17 brilliant team we had should show us all what the real intentions are and expect nothing more than what has happened. Until we free our club from these forces we will always live a fans life of disappointment.

Right, time for the naysayers to put up or shut the fuck up.

Who do they think we can realistically bring in that will deliver on the following:

1) Close the gap on the Dippers and Citeh.

2) Win at least one trophy EVERY season.

3) Deliver exciting attacking football.

4) Get his tactics spot on EVERY single game.

5) Give bland non-controversial press conferences.

6) Be able to achieve all of this whilst working under Levy and the ownership of ENIC.

Go on then!

Steve Bruce.

I back Poch most of the time and I will continue to do it unless he fails miserably, which you're hoping to. Let's not pretend like it any different. You're not alone, Woolwich fans with Wenger were the same.

Nobody is hoping Poch fails you thick cunt.
Are you hoping Levy fails to be right?
Dick

The difference is that some people think our football is poor, his subs are poor in many games, we still struggle against crap teams, we still struggle to take a good set piece, we still struggle to score from a set piece, he has changed our tactics to the detriment of our best players, he has failed to look at the RB position, he has dropped Jan, dropped Eriksen then played them so the messages are mixed, he has made too many poor comments and won nothing.

Any of that you disagree with? Because if so then you’re not as Spurs as you think you are. You can’t be if any of that comes as a surprise to you.

Some people wouldn’t mind a change now. Some want to wait and see in January if there’s an improvement.
Some want to continue as we are and are satisfied.

It really is no more than that.

No one gives a fuck that you think you are more loyal than them.

I'm mostly worried about the football he plays. No pressure. No fast transitions unless parking the bus (Woolwich and city this year), lousy defense, how is he coaching Kane?, The strange setup of the team, the slow temp and sideways passining, players without the ball standing still instead of taking runs even if they don't get a pass. 3 years ago we played a different football, better in defence and better in offence. I don't see were he's going.

Back
Top Bottom