Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Imagine not rating this warrior of a player.

Just imagine!

I'm sure there's nobody on here who goes out of their way to slag this guy off on a daily basis.
It doesn't seem sustainable, it's like a cosmic prank.

GIF by Budweiser

I have to admit I was shocked by the high quality of his finish. I know he can hit them from distance but that was technically perfect, made all the more impressive by the timing and importance.

Well done Mr Holjberg.

I have to admit I was shocked by the high quality of his finish. I know he can hit them from distance but that was technically perfect, made all the more impressive by the timing and importance.

Well done Mr Holjberg.

Striker's finish. All the while, he's got a defender pushing him out wide too.

In off the inside of the far post..... Kane would have been proud of that one.

Last edited:
You know what you can't call out romero for being a cunt without people taking his cock out their mouth to say you ain't got a clue yet you've got a player here playing well giving absolutely everything for the badge and fucking playing like a warrior knowing there's a world Cup coming up yet he gets cunted off. Romero situation just makes me appreciate Hojbjerg so much more than I already did.

Pretty sick to think that most goal involvements in EPL and CL are -
Kane with 14 (11+3)
PEH with 8 (4+4)
Son 7 (5+2)
Perisic 7 (0+7)
Benta 5 (3+2)
(all of them coming within last 1,5 months)
Richie 5 (2+3)
Kulu 4 (1+3)
Dier 2 (0+2)

If anyone would have guessed before the season that by the time of world cup, PEH is 1 goal contribution behind, Perisic even and Benta 2 goal contributions behind Son, people would have called for immidate hospitalization :D :D

P.S not sure if mentioned here, but PEH received 3 yellow cards within 6 games in group stage, so he will be missing our first leg of play-off as far as I understand.

Pierre gives absolutely everything to the club and the team. To think of the enduring cult hero status of people like Freund and Berti (seriously, why?!) and then we have someone genuinely decent, a fighter, a provider, a finisher now… heroic Viking who deserves way more love than he gets.

Have a look at where Højbjerg is when the ball breaks in Kane's direction. In the 95th minute he runs near 3/4 of the pitch and belts it into the net. The fitness and mental resilience to do that is on another level.

From that Graun article about Bentancur...

Even now the eye is more often drawn to his grizzled midfield partner Pierre-Emile Højbjerg, a player who tears around the pitch with the sweaty frenzy of a man being chased by wild dogs while wearing bacon shorts.

From that Graun article about Bentancur...

Even now the eye is more often drawn to his grizzled midfield partner Pierre-Emile Højbjerg, a player who tears around the pitch with the sweaty frenzy of a man being chased by wild dogs while wearing bacon shorts.

Feel like Bentacur does more running than PEH to be honest.

I have been one of his critics, accused him of wooden legs and such. But he has grinded all my resistance away. He's a top player and the first man on the team sheet every game. He must be a real superman, plays every minute, and never injured. Hope he keeps it that way and stays fit to the world cup.

My team this year when Sweden is out, is Denmark. (And Brazil, worked there for a while, love their passion for football)

Interesting to see how he does today. Been good this season but still a huge question mark over his effectiveness against good sides. Repeatedly goes AWOL against Chelsea and same this season against Utd, Goons etc. definitely not all on him but ceding midfield is an issue that needs to be fixed as a side. We have to play a 3, I would have Skipp as DM, with two 8’s; PEH and Benta if fit (also think this is Biss’s best role so no drama if he comes in).

Benta and PEH in a pair? Not for me today

Back
Top Bottom