Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Condolences to the Danish contingent on here but selfishly fairly happy that this man will get a significant amount of rest before we go again at the end of December.

Seems like he's played every minute of every match for 2 years running.

Condolences to the Danish contingent on here but selfishly fairly happy that this man will get a significant amount of rest before we go again at the end of December.

Seems like he's played every minute of every match for 2 years running.
Mostly agree. I was kind of supporting Denmark but they were horrendous and deserved to go out. So on the bright side, PEH gets that valuable rest.

His form picked up as Bentacur shone but fuck me, he’s been absolutely appalling last two games w/o the Uruguayan. So basic and horribly exposed in this two man mid shit formation - 433 with Skipp as a DM pls, push Hoj box to box and get him attacking the final third or drop him.

Last edited:
His form picked up as Bentacur shone but fuck me, he’s been absolutely appalling last two games w/o the Uruguayan. So basic and horribly exposed in this two man mid shit formation - 433 with Skipp as a DM pls, push Hoj box to box and get him attacking the final third or drop him.
He's what winks should have been but still far too limited technically to be good enough long term. Skipp can do what he does if he's given the backing by the manager.

Also, he's at a great age and general profile for us to sell and make a decent bit of cash and put towards someone better.

No need to have him hang around for years and then sell for pennies after fans become increasingly frustrated.

Whenever we tried to play an intricate one touch combination, the play got to PEH and… died.

He clearly has value and he’s super reliable injury wise but he shouldn’t be an automatic starter if we want to break into the top 3. He’s just technically flawed.

He looks much better next to Bentancur but even then he’s upgradable. I think Skipp or Sarr will pass him within 2 years.

Whenever we tried to play an intricate one touch combination, the play got to PEH and… died.

He clearly has value and he’s super reliable injury wise but he shouldn’t be an automatic starter if we want to break into the top 3. He’s just technically flawed.

He looks much better next to Bentancur but even then he’s upgradable. I think Skipp or Sarr will pass him within 2 years.
Agreed.

Him and Bentancur are a good duo and I give Hobby credit for holding the midfield together when he was surrounded by clowns.

But rhe fact remains that he is a limited player and we would benefit from a bit more quality in there. Whether that ultimately comes from Biss or Sarr, or a new signing, we shall see.

was a terrible performance from him tonight but hes been good this season. to be honest hell probably always have a shit game if its just him and skipp in CM and they are overrun. that midfield 2 have no real balance to it i cant see how they boss a game between them? i like both but its an awful combo. skipp is bottom of the 5 at the club imo, PEH can have games where hes vital, but today required more technique in there, palace are a shit side you beat them with technique. which is why second half through good bits of technique (kane, gil etc) we put them to bed with ease.

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg is the Male Soccer Player of the Year 🇩🇰

A big congratulations to Højbjerg, who this evening has been named Male Soccer Player of the Year 2022 at DR's award show SPORT 2022
👏🏼

Back
Top Bottom