Paul Mitchell resigns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Manchester United and City to battle it out for transfer guru behind Dele Alli's move to Spurs

Spurs’ former head of recruitment Paul Mitchell is on gardening leave after tendering his resignation at White Hart Lane

pleat%20david.JPG

With the current emphasis on bringing new players in via the youth system I guess Mitchell was wondering what exactly was he here for...I'd be more worried if McDermott left to be honest...

If we sign 2/3 players before the end of the window with good quality then this becomes a non issue. If not then I believe it would represent a bit of a problem with perceptions of Pochettino not being backed being one of them.

Just being very obvious but the combined fees for Pritchard and Townsend has brought in 24 million. The cost of Janssen.

If just signing Wanyama is a sign of the manager being backed I think I would be rightly miffed.

Levy needs to erase the thought that Mitchell leaving was anything more than just a desire of the guy to go elsewhere.

Spending money to prove a point is fucking pointless.

We have a very solid team and we have improved it very well so far. You only need to spend big if you have big problems, something which we don't have in our team.

The N'Koudou deal is off.
Looks like another club to add to the long list of ones that Levy has pissed off.

It seems more like Marseille have been cocking us about all summer. It's not like we have withheld funds.

The club is in the best shape it's been in for 30 years, and still there are a load of broken records whinging like cunts because they'd rather make up facts in their heads than research them.
:pocheyes:

This may be true, but I get the feeling that the truth is likely to be that he felt he couldn't work with Levy's haggling tightwad approach. I can imagine it can be frustrating, especially if you think a deal is getting away from you because of it.

Isn't the job of someone like Mitchell to unearth good players, not to tell the chairman to sign Pogba etc. How is Mitchell earning money if his suggestions are £30m+players like Batshuayi?

I don't really see who we've "haggled" for and been a "tightwad" about otherwise.

If he's thrown his toys out of the pram because we don't throw money at 'maybe' players like Liverpool, then good riddance. Not like Mitchell has any right to be in a mood about who we do or don't sign - that's the concern of the manager.

Of course he hasn't done any of this, because it's all unsubstantiated. I imagine the truth is more related to him wanting to move into a more interactive role; management, DoF etc. Even more likely, he's the next Comolli - off to Everton or one of the other new rich wannabes.

When Mitchell joined, Poch was pretty quick to say the appointment was nothing to do with him. I agree with those who've said that Poch's upgrade to manager is probably the cause of this.

Glorified scout - no big deal.

Lyall ITK Thomas seems to think all is not okay behind the scenes regarding Mitchell leaving...

LCFC have lost MacKenzie to us, Wrigglesworth to Woolwich and now Walsh to Everton. Why no rumours of interference from Vichai or fallouts with Ranieri?

Is this Mitchell's replacement?

Apparently, he scouted Modric for Spurs and also scouted Suarez before Redknapp turned him down.

"the decision of Mitchell will once again call into question the role of chairman Daniel Levy among Spurs fans"
Whoever wrote this obviously doesn't read the fighting cock forum

That piece is riddled with errors. He joined in November 2014, not 2012. He didn't 'unearth' Dier, he was signed 4 months before he joined. Alli was scouted extensively by Pleat, not Mitchell.

As for Levy... I'm sure he's horrible to work with, but I wouldn't mind Pochettino getting more of a say in transfers. If it's all Levy now though... that's a problem.

He also quit southampton. Did his dream job turn into a nightmare there?
Rob MAcKenzie left Leicester to join us. Did his job there come a nightmare?
When the two miracle workers left their respective clubs to come here there was no talk of nightmares and interference.
That's what these people do, they get bored and move on.
Maybe it was getting hard for them working on a budget due to obvious financial restraints?
Steve Walsh has just left the champions and a club he loved for Everton. Why?
You'd have thought that there would have been more of a sensational story to make up there. Especially after LCFC refused to let Everton speak with him and not wanting the man who got Kante, Mahrez and Vardy gone.
A lot more disharmony.
So, why did Walsh leave. Was his dream job turning into a nightmare and the thai dictator annoying him?
No, he just wanted to move on an start fresh.

I say one thing is totally clear on all of this, as per usual, the press are cnuts, clueless and make up all sorts of shite for each other to copy. Lets not slate the bloke when in all honesty none of us know the scope of his role and the level he performed it too. We're imploding here, for all we know he has set-up a really good department and passed the mantle so he can move on to progress her career.

The day we stop singing the like of Dier is the day I worry. If Vincent turns into a 25+ goals a season player then I would say this is another example of a shrewd transfer policy. A big 'IF' but I would rather be watching Skysports hearing "Wow and only for a few Million" rather than "He's just not living up to his fee" every game. That would be depressing...

I think what we wanted was the "system" from Southampton, e.g. database structure, software and process. Maybe Mitchell´s main role was to help us build and implement such a system and now that it has been designed and implemented his value is greater elsewhere ?

Back
Top Bottom