Paul Mitchell resigns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've seen gossip re Mitchell that it as a case of being a third wheel. Between having a strong manager (Pochettino) and a strong owner (Levy) there's little room for a DoF with a strong personality. So, he got frustrated and is on gardening leave until a future date.

Mackenzie was really good, sad to see him leave, but if you know you haven't got a DoF role above you to shoot for, I guess you have to go elsewhere when wanting that kind of promotion.

Shame as I think PM is very good at what he does. N'Koudou looks very much like a PM signing and it has been weird the is he isn't he signing stuff. I suspect that Poch isn't convinced, and that may have caused tension, and this is the one we know about. Poch has a very clear idea of what type of player he wants, and is not afraid to reject a talented player based solely on attitude. Seems to me that if you scout a talent at length, reccomend, it almost goes through, but then the manager says "Nah, don't fancy him" that would be very annoying and might lead to a fallout. But as much as I rate PM, I want Poch to get whatever he wants so as long as he is not unhappy about this happening, everything is all good. Leicester is probably a good move for PM and Leicester will benefit greatly from his ability, in my view.

Unfortunately they are all now reporting it, some blaming Levy which wouldn't surprise me. As usual we miss good signings because Levy thinks he is shrewd (they all know his form) or doesn't want to spend as he pumping everything into a new ground for his NFL. I would have liked the money to buy top class players and WIN the Champions league then look at a new ground and sicken the nomads next door. Yes I'm not a big fan of Daniel!

I can't help but come to the conclusion that this makes a special kind of stupid...
:llorishuh:

Meh. Idgaf really. Wimmer appears to be his trump card - & a good one certainly - but it's not worth melting down over. All the others were known quantities or brought in by other routes so far as I can tell

Unfortunately they are all now reporting it, some blaming Levy which wouldn't surprise me. As usual we miss good signings because Levy thinks he is shrewd (they all know his form) or doesn't want to spend as he pumping everything into a new ground for his NFL. I would have liked the money to buy top class players and WIN the Champions league then look at a new ground and sicken the nomads next door. Yes I'm not a big fan of Daniel!

Mate, give it a rest eh? Day in, day out, the same bloody thing. Fuck's sakes.

:dawsonlol:

two things...

1) given Mitchell resigned suggests there is another job awaiting and not enough reason to stay at Spurs. That's slightly worrying if you read between the lines.

2) Levy's tweet "although most of our business is now complete. Mitch is keen to ensure we start the season in the best position.”

WTF ? Seriously. That shambles of a deal with Njie, an unproven striker and wanyama is most of our business. Fucking hell Levy. :bentalebscream:

“The priority right now is the final few weeks of the transfer window and I know that, whilst most of our business has been completed, Mitch is keen to ensure we start the season in the best position possible"

Season starts on Saturday or is it the game after the window closes ? With Levy it often seems the latter.

Last edited:
The N'Koudou deal is off.
Looks like another club to add to the long list of ones that Levy has pissed off.

It seems more like Marseille have been cocking us about all summer. It's not like we have withheld funds.

The club is in the best shape it's been in for 30 years, and still there are a load of broken records whinging like cunts because they'd rather make up facts in their heads than research them.
:pocheyes:

Back
Top Bottom