Past or present which Tottenham player would you like to have a pint with.....?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

While I'm here...
s-l1600.jpg

Autographed 'Heroes of White Hart Lane' print, commissioned by Tottenham Hotspur | eBay
Not that I don't love Hugo, and don't really want to start WW3, but the goalie in that picture should be either Big Pat or Ted Ditchburn.

Do you know what, I keep coming back to this thread thinking I will add my thoughts but everyone else's suggestions sound great and end up with about 20 names in my head.

In no particular order,
Ledley, for being Ledley
Super Gary Mabbutt for being one of my heroes growing up
Glen Hoddle and Chris Waddle from their Diamond Lights era
Loved Big Eric back in the day (no pun intended)
Clive Allen
Paul Walsh
to name but a few.

Alan Gilzean we would be on it for a week...The Glory game after we lost the semi final against Chelsea league cup 72"there will be some spewing up on the high road"Fuck the reception I'm on it..

I'm a new(er) supporter, so I didn't have the chance to watch/get to know Ledley or any of our past greats, so I'd have to go with Son. Just seems like he's always in a good mood.

As a former keeper who didn't have the pace to play anywhere else (basically I was fat, but really quick and not afraid to throw my body around) I wouldn't mind have a pint with a Hugo either.

I assume you did not know he died of Cancer

Cyril Barry Knowles was a footballer who played full-back for Tottenham Hotspur and England. He was the brother of fellow professional footballer Peter Knowles. He died of cancer on 30 August 1991 aged 47.
Well I did not know that VALE to him.
He was one of my favorite players as a kid and I always wondered why someone would be named Cyril!

Crouch! Think he'd be hilarious on a night out. That pic of him hanging out of the sunroof of a taxi always cracks me up
Saw him at a Kasabian gig in Kentish Town last year. Right in the middle of the crowd. No shits given, amazing. Obviously pretty difficult for him to blend in!

None because I'm teetotal and a very poor conversationalist but if it had to one I'd say Steve Sedgley because I reached over the fence at the end of the 91 Cup Final and he shook my hand.

Back
Top Bottom