Past or present which Tottenham player would you like to have a pint with.....?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As a kid Ginola was my hero. I went on a tottenham football camp when i was like 9. I have a picture holding the worthington cup. Anyway i was being bullied by the other kids and one our midfield players at the time came over and read them the riot act. I cant remember who. Early 2000s if anyone can help. Made my day.
Etherington
Davies
Clemence
Freund
Sherwood (fucking doubt it)
Anterton
Fox

Any of them?

As a kid Ginola was my hero. I went on a tottenham football camp when i was like 9. I have a picture holding the worthington cup. Anyway i was being bullied by the other kids and one our midfield players at the time came over and read them the riot act. I cant remember who. Early 2000s if anyone can help. Made my day.

Stephen Clemence came to mind for some reason, was it him?

Once in the dark George Graham days l had a happy hour in the players bar after a UEFA game . An old mate a Wimbledon fan drove Chris Perrys father to watch his son play after he signed for us , as his father could not drive.
Perry was a warm kind bloke . Ian Walker was there with his dad and was moronic cold . Fullback Luke something was pretty gormless . Others were ok but the foreign players seemed more rounded .
The star of the show was Ginola.
He radiated charisma, polite cultured manners and kindness . It was a pleasure to be in his company . One of our little group was visiting from Athens, he made lots of small talk about his trips to Greece . It was strange being on the same level on them all.

If l could have a drink with anyone it would be the legendary cult hero ,
Alfie Conn.

A pint with ledley would be a laugh.

Back in the day I met a few players post match but being an awkward teenager I tended to say hello and the gawp!!! Ossie ardiles....he shook my hand, asked if I enjoyed the game and I just stood there open mouthed, thinking it's Ossie!!! He must of thought I had special needs.

They say you should not meet your heroes but as I have written in here before Gary Mabbutt was my first football hero. Played for my local team, bristol rovers then got the dream move to spurs. Just how I imagined my football career going.....except for the talent bit!

Anyway I can't speak highly enough of mabbs, so grounded and easy to talk to, just an all round good guy

Theres so many. Its pretty hard to be honest.

Keane or Pav from past.

Gotta be Mousa at present cause if i get into a massive punch up. I will feel safe. Lolz

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom