Past or present which Tottenham player would you like to have a pint with.....?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Back in the day there used to be a Spurs supporters player of the year dinner and dance, I went for a few years.
The last one I went to Eric the Viking won player of the year and it was a cracking night. Every table had a player sitting at it, apart from our table, we had the secrectary of the club at ours.
Anyway at the end of the evening we had an opportunity to have photos taken with all the players.
I had a good chat with Paul Stewart and Paul Walsh at the bar, nice blokes as it goes. Gazza was there and was very funny.
The highlight for me was chatting to Bill Nicholson and having my picture taken with him.
As there wasn't a player at our table the secretary offered me tickets to the players lounge to use a a future game. I thought he was pulling my leg and we had a lot of funny banter over it.
But fair play to the fella, he kept his word and he sent me tickets to use after a Boxing Day fixture v Millwall.
It a cracking experience to go in the players lounge, most of the players popped in for a post match pint and a chat with the oppo players.
Star of the show........Gazza! He was hyper active and as funny as hell, he ran round the other side of the bar and pulled pints and served everyone their drinks! He was laughing and joking with everyone and everyone enjoyed it, I know I did.

While I'm here...
s-l1600.jpg

Autographed 'Heroes of White Hart Lane' print, commissioned by Tottenham Hotspur | eBay

Stevie, of course; the lovely Daveed, because he's still worth it (and he can bring the champagne from his own vinyard); Erik Thorsvedt, just because I really liked him.

I assume you did not know he died of Cancer

Cyril Barry Knowles was a footballer who played full-back for Tottenham Hotspur and England. He was the brother of fellow professional footballer Peter Knowles. He died of cancer on 30 August 1991 aged 47.
His brother gave up football to become a Jehovah's Witness. Back in the 70s, there was a documentary about it, Cyril was interviewed and he came across as a really lovely guy, who had no idea how or why his brother converted. Cyril was a real character, larger than life and a half decent player too. Tragically, he lost a young son in a freak accident, must have been devastating for him and his wife. Taken from us much too soon, would have been brilliant to see him at The Finale.

Gary Mabbutt. He’s just a near perfect decent bloke. Would love to talk about the 80s and 90s, the period I grew up and fell in love with the lilywhite shirt.

As a kid Ginola was my hero. I went on a tottenham football camp when i was like 9. I have a picture holding the worthington cup. Anyway i was being bullied by the other kids and one our midfield players at the time came over and read them the riot act. I cant remember who. Early 2000s if anyone can help. Made my day.

Have been in a lucky position to meet and have a pint with a fair number of ex Tottenham players, I really enjoyed meeting Ossie. He was a funny and intelligent guy. Micky Hazard is class - very friendly. Steve Perryman a bit guarded and a bit grumpy (well seemed to be)

I’ve always wanted to meet Paul Stewart, that seems a bit loaded nowadays, but he was always a special player to me when I first started going Spurs on a regular basis.

Should add, going for a drink with Gazza would be fucking depressing. I will remember him on the pitch, especially 1989-1991. Two seasons where he was an utter genius in our shirt.

Back
Top Bottom