PAOK Home

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not one to give players stick generally, I just want to know if Kane is capable of more.

I wouldn't say on the basis of last night that any of our fringe players don't have a future with us, Rose is coming back off injury. Livermore is the type of player to have games like that. As long as he's happy to remain on the fringes of the squad that's fine. I don't think Pienaar did too badly, his final ball was lacking a bit but he did fine. Corluka was at fault for both goals, and his lack of pace was exposed, although one could say he shouldn't have been left isolated like that against a tricky winger.

It was just going to be one of those nights where the 2nd goal just wasn't going to come.

waccy said:
Hello. First post, and it´s to say we were shit. That is all.

Welcome waccy!

Redknapp himself said during the interview exactly what I said last night - too many players coming back from injury, with not enough competitive game time.

I think we have learnt that we def need cover at right back. Corluka just can't get back fast enough when he roams forward.

I had a dream the week before we signed Corluka that we had signed Corluka and Richards... too this day I pray it will happen someday

Even though we played a fairly strong starting 11, half of them haven't played for a while, let alone together so what did we expect?!. The two goals we conceded were ridiculously sloppy!!!

I’m not knocking Kane as much either just thought he had poor game last night and would like to know if he’s actually likely to improve?

Anyone know why that Coulibaly wasn’t included in the Europa league squad?

i watched frozen planet instead.

you guys should have too....

watched the first half and it gave me chest pains, very unimpressive. i really honestly couldn't give a fuck about el, if we were to go on and win it we would have had to start playing more 1st teamers to be fair. this has now shown us that some of the youth aren't as good as we thought and some of the fringe i.e. corluka are just gash.

i could run on my knees faster than corluka sprinting.

You think Spurs supporters should not bother watching our games? Personal preference obviously but I don't get what kind of fan doesn't give a fuck and chooses not to watch.

Any Spurs defeat pisses me off regardless, each to their own. I'll eventually rationalise our (likely) exit from the EL as not the worst thing in the world but in the here and now I'm pretty annoyed.

We're out of 2 cups, puts more pressure on us to win the FA Cup now. Ah well...... AND NOW YOU'RE GONNA BELIEVE US, AND NOW YOU'RE GONNA BELIEVE US, AND NOW YOU'RE GONNA BELIEVE USSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :)

What did people think of attendances / ticket prices in the EL this year?

Bearing in mind it costs £21 to watch my local League 1 team I thought our attendances were pretty poor considering so many people moaning last year about being unable to get CL tickets and we need a bigger ground.

Imagine last night in a 60k seater stadium, would be embarrassing.

No sane Spurs fan would think we'd sell out a 60K stadium, if they do think that then they need to put down the crackpipe. 50k would more than suffice.

Pricing was a joke, even Fulham sell their EL tickets cheaper.

I think that they should have made it cheaper all round.

I paid £25 last night, but it really should have been £20... maybe just £5 for U-16... I'd rather see it full and people have a good time. Surely financially too. Better to have it full with people paying £20, than 6000 empty seats and people paying £25... also far more people in the ground spending money at the shop etc... especially if kids are getting for a £5 dragging the parents in to the club shop

Thelonious Filth said:
Any Spurs defeat pisses me off regardless, each to their own. I'll eventually rationalise our (likely) exit from the EL as not the worst thing in the world but in the here and now I'm pretty annoyed.

We're out of 2 cups, puts more pressure on us to win the FA Cup now. Ah well...... AND NOW YOU'RE GONNA BELIEVE US, AND NOW YOU'RE GONNA BELIEVE US, AND NOW YOU'RE GONNA BELIEVE USSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :)

We seem to have this cavalier attitude towards the cup competitions, out of two cups by November. Why even participate in the FA Cup? All I keep hearing is the league is the priority, a title we haven't won since 1961.

All around the ground there are signs that say 'It's All About The Glory'. I can't see how when we only take 1 out of the 4 competitions that we enter seriously.

Sibs said:
I'd rather we lost tonight than on Saturday

this. Of course we'd all rather we won every game but if you had the choice no fan would choose winning last night and losing on Saturday.

With regards to the game I was actually surprised to see Modric, Lennon and Defoe start at all and personally spent most of the game hoping they stayed away from any 50/50 challenges especially Modric and Lennon who when you look at our squad are along with Adebayor pretty much irreplaceable.

Defensively we looked all over the place but with the lack of game time it's hardly surprising. Corluka is a lot better than he showed last night but then so is Gallas who was at fault for the first goal. Pienaar is the one who really frustrates me. He's just shit. Has never in his career shown enough quality to make me think he should be anywhere near that lilywhite shirt. He was an ok player in a mediocre Everton team. Can someone please confirm whether my beliefs that he's on between £60-70k a week are correct because he was basically a free transfer? If that's true then suck me sideways through a straw.

Stadium size and attendance being mentioned too so my two pennies worth on that subject. We'd struggle to fill a 50k stadium for most midweek games unless they were NLDs, against Chelsea or United. Most weekend league games would be full although I doubt complete sell outs especially against the likes of Stoke and West Brom. The only way a stadium that size gets full every week is if the team are successful and playing in the Champions League all the time. Just look at the extra clamour for tickets last season to see the team even if it wasn't a CL night. This season there's nowhere near the same demand for match tickets.

Annoying we lost and more annoying we had to play some players I'd rather we didn't and also annoying we're 99% out of a competition we could win but today's football is a squad game and you have to prioritise competitions. The Carling cup and Europa League were secondary priorities compared to the league and the ultimate goal of CL football. Rightly or wrongly that's how the sport is nowadays, 4th place is better than a trophy because it pleases the bank manager and the board. If come May we're sitting nicely in that top 4 this exit will be forgotten.

Some bloke on talksport said they should bring it down a quid for every first team player who doesn't play. £25 is quite pricey, Levy just knows we have a support that pays almost anything to go, especially for the fans who can't always get tickets for the league or away games.

eggsoakley said:
especially for the fans who can't always get tickets for the league or away games.

I've never understood this. Never a problem to get a home ticket (as long as you logon early enough obviously) and most away games are achievable with limited LPs too with the obvious exceptions. Does that mean these are the games that non members can go to? but then that means there's plenty of people out there who would rather watch a reserve spurs team play a random european team in midweek for £25 than pay for membership and watch the full spurs team play in the league on a weekend.

RE Kane,

He looks like Barnard MKII to me.

Not really seeing anything in his game that means he will make it at the top level.

Windy is more qualified to disagree mind.

I thought Pienarr-naar whas my name? done OK, he was playing off the left which isnt his position, he doesnt have to pace to take on a defender and will always come inside. I wonder if Harry wanted him as he was considering a change of formation at the time?

Sibs said:
I think that they should have made it cheaper all round.

I paid £25 last night, but it really should have been £20... maybe just £5 for U-16... I'd rather see it full and people have a good time. Surely financially too. Better to have it full with people paying £20, than 6000 empty seats and people paying £25... also far more people in the ground spending money at the shop etc... especially if kids are getting for a £5 dragging the parents in to the club shop

Kids and OAPS were a tenner so one adult and a child for £35 v £25, not that much difference.

I used to think the same way about discounting, then read an interview with the West Ham chairmen, they do something similar with kids for a quid, and the reality is it's easier to get one adult paying £30.00 than 6 kids in for a fiver or 30 kids in West Hams instance.

Sad day that European football has been devalued so much by UEFA that we expect to be paying about the same to watch Barnet play as to watch the EL.

But I heard that the police had instructed Spurs to stop selling tickets for security reasons, mainly because there would have been Greeks all over the place.

Thelonious Filth said:

I think this sums up how I feel too really. Nice post TF.

Unless you have a massive catchment area (ie Newcastle) or a good reason (Champs league) You aren't going to fill a massive staduim all the time.

What did the goons get for the early rounds of the CC?

Problem with their attendance figures is that they are made up. Unless you count them yourself the figures they give out don't mean much IMO.

Didn't watch their game against Citeh the other night - was that a sell out? According to the newspaper report it was.

Apparently Woolwich count season ticket holders, even those who don't show. So the figure is for tickets sold, not for numbers through gates.

Wonder of we're the same

Back
Top Bottom