PAOK Home

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

paulhasissues said:
What did the goons get for the early rounds of the CC?

46539 watched them play Shrewsbury. To be fair though, Woolwich charge a tenner for some Carling Cup games.

I still think this myth among Spurs fans that we have the most passionate, loyal support is increasingly easy to expose. Championship matches cost 20-25 quid. You will shell out about 14 quid to watch League Two and even some Conference games, I think Wimbledon were charging 14 last season.

Still, in view of the facts - that Spurs fans are picking and choosing the games they care about more and more - I guess Levy has the choice between selling 24000 tickets at current prices, or maybe 34000 at, say, 15 quid each. I don't know what it would work out to, obviously, but if it could work financially, and we had a full stadium, surely that would be preferable.

If the scum are charging that kind of money and filling their stadium, it sets an example, you would think.

I agree with the comments re 58000 seater stadium. Apart from Champions League year, tickets at the Lane are not gold dust.

Thelonious Filth said:
I'm fairly certain I'm a better footballer than Harry Kane.

Windy, please tell me he's better than what he's shown in the EL?
kushty said:
To back T's comments please tell us windy that Kane can perform a lot better than he has done? for the time being I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because of his age but I thought he was pretty dog shit last night.
Dru said:
RE Kane,

He looks like Barnard MKII to me.

Not really seeing anything in his game that means he will make it at the top level.

Windy is more qualified to disagree mind.

A few things:

- I actually thought he did OK last night - his awkward/lumbering style makes him look ungainly, but he had some very neat touches, played some nice one and two touch football, and was involved in most of our best moves. He really should have scored the back-post header.
- He is a very young 18 – only turned 18 at the end of July, and when you think that Barnard made his debut at 21 (I think), he has three years yet to get to the standard Barnard was when he made his Spurs debut. He will easily surpass it.
- He is very much a link-man/number 10, and has often played in midfield – last night he was playing a pretty advanced role for a lot of the game.
- He will never be a world class player, but how many youth products from the Premier League are? A tiny percentage. If he becomes a Premier League player, I’m sure it will be seen as a big success by the club.

S.L.R said:
paulhasissues said:
What did the goons get for the early rounds of the CC?

46539 watched them play Shrewsbury. To be fair though, a***nal charge a tenner for some Carling Cup games.

I still think this myth among Spurs fans that we have the most passionate, loyal support is increasingly easy to expose. Championship matches cost 20-25 quid. You will shell out about 14 quid to watch League Two and even some Conference games, I think Wimbledon were charging 14 last season.

Still, in view of the facts - that Spurs fans are picking and choosing the games they care about more and more - I guess Levy has the choice between selling 24000 tickets at current prices, or maybe 34000 at, say, 15 quid each. I don't know what it would work out to, obviously, but if it could work financially, and we had a full stadium, surely that would be preferable.

If the scum are charging that kind of money and filling their stadium, it sets an example, you would think.

I agree with the comments re 58000 seater stadium. Apart from Champions League year, tickets at the Lane are not gold dust.

I would point out that the a goon friend told me their season ticket included the fisting round for free, and that the reported totals compared to the actual numbers are 'somewhat different'.

At some points early on this season, there were reporting 60K plus figures when there were clearly quite a few thousand empty seats, and the offical attendance was being boo'd at the games because it was so laughabley wrong.

They have the perfect season ticket holders, pay over the odds, don't bother turning up, no fuss, no bother, no brains.

I worry that is exactly what Levy is aiming for though. :levystare: :nawty:

RE Kane,

Yes he had some good touches and for an 18 year old he didnt do bad at all.

I'm just saying I dont see him making it as a Premier leauge player based on what little I have seen. Doesnt seem to have any pace, doesnt have an incredible touch or technique, just OK.

Dru said:
RE Kane,

I'm just saying I dont see him making it as a Premier leauge player based on what little I have seen. Doesnt seem to have any pace, doesnt have an incredible touch or technique, just OK.

Think that's fair enough.
My point is that he still has a long way to go, so keep an open mind.

WindyCOYS said:
Dru said:
RE Kane,

Absolutely,

I think I asked this somewhere else but out of all the youth players you have seen, are there any that stand out to you that you think could be Premier League regulars?

WindyCOYS said:
Dru said:
RE Kane,

That's why I said I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

He kinda reminded me of Pav last night for some reason

Dru said:
Absolutely,

I think I asked this somewhere else but out of all the youth players you have seen, are there any that stand out to you that you think could be Premier League regulars?

Difficult to say with a lot of them, and also - do you mean PL regulars for us?

There are a few who I think have a great chance - would put money on Caulker and Luongo though.

WindyCOYS said:
Dru said:
Absolutely,

Difficult to say with a lot of them, and also - do you mean PL regulars for us?

There are a few who I think have a great chance - would put money on Caulker and Luongo though.

With Cualker impresing at Swansea we know he has a decent chance, I mean more of the younger players we ahvent really seen much of - as you say Luongo.

kushty said:
Windy, Why wasn't that Coulibaly in the europa league squad mate?

We'd have had to have put him in the "A List" (as he's not been at the club long enoughfor the B list), and we pretty much ran out of players on that - hence vdV not being included.

Dru said:
With Cualker impresing at Swansea we know he has a decent chance, I mean more of the younger players we ahvent really seen much of - as you say Luongo.

There are a few impressive players in the NextGen squad - Pritchard is another, Veljkovic looks a cracking prospect at 16 too - but it's so hard to tell what will happen.

slmcyf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom