Palace v Spurs 11th Sept 12:30 - Selhurst Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poor team selection, partly forced by absences , fine. Ok so we had a bad first half, fine - expected with that midfield. But the manager should have seen that and brought on ndombele at half time. It was bleeding obvious . It would have changed the game, given us the midfield control we needed his passivity and cluelessness today worries me more than anything else that happened out there. What happened to all the talk about shape, structure, daring!? I fear after 6 games the club will sink as low as it was high after the first 3.

4 central midfielders, none of whom have any pace. It looked shit on paper and in practice it most certainly was. Baffled as to why Nuno went with it

It's one of those moments ...

Where football supporters can see how stupid it is, but the so called professionals somehow persist with it.

Must be some kind of traumatic panic reaction from people in high stress jobs who lose sight of the simple issues at hant.

Shots: 18 - 2

That is bad, much worse than losing 3-0

This was Crystal Palace not Bayern or Real

I've never been an elite sportsman, but if you want to lower confidence and sour the atmosphere and go on a bad run - that performance must be just the way to start it

That was a fucking woeful performance with 11 men and 10 men!!

I get the context around this going into this game wasn't straightforward (after the International break - vs a team that doesn't have many players away at Internations + us losing players to injury and that clusterfuck in Brazil) but we looked clueless before the sending off. Losing Dier we were competitive up to that point, from the moment he went off we were dogshit. No aggression, no confidence, timid and sitting off Palace. This only had the effect of giving confidence to our opponents who just got better and better.

I do think Palace are better this year and will take points perhaps off other top teams too, everyone saying the West Ham are good at the moment drew 2-2 as an example of this (I think they should have won).

We now face further clusterfucks as we face Chelsea and the scum next with no Son, no Tanganga, no Dier (probably), no Lo Celso, no Romero, no Sanchez.
will be three wins three loses after those games, at least we will be the team to save Arteta's job

Animated GIF

He is killing this team.
He is not. We can't be getting rid of our world class players man. I've been dutifully informed by some very insightful footballing minds on this board that it is foolish to think otherwise. The team just needs to work harder for Harry's goals. And we need to support harder for Harry's goals. And Nuno needs to manage harder for Harry's goals. Everyone just needs to put a little more effort and focus into Harry's goals and we'll be alright. That's how you build a team.

Well, that was bloody poor. Only a single shot all game, even before Tanganga's moment of madness.

Didn't like that line-up from the start, and proved utterly devoid of any creativity whatsoever.

Today was also a perfect example of why I no longer respect Kane and why I wanted him sold.

We may have played negative but there is no justification for his lack of effort, international duty or not.

You know if he was in a City shirt today he would have been busting a gut.

Back
Top Bottom