Palace v Spurs 11th Sept 12:30 - Selhurst Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That was a fucking woeful performance with 11 men and 10 men!!

I get the context around this going into this game wasn't straightforward (after the International break - vs a team that doesn't have many players away at Internations + us losing players to injury and that clusterfuck in Brazil) but we looked clueless before the sending off. Losing Dier we were competitive up to that point, from the moment he went off we were dogshit. No aggression, no confidence, timid and sitting off Palace. This only had the effect of giving confidence to our opponents who just got better and better.

I do think Palace are better this year and will take points perhaps off other top teams too, everyone saying the West Ham are good at the moment drew 2-2 as an example of this (I think they should have won).

We now face further clusterfucks as we face Chelsea and the scum next with no Son, no Tanganga, no Dier (probably), no Lo Celso, no Romero, no Sanchez.

Nuno, having botched the starting XI, still had the chance to fix his mistakes until well into the second half. Refusing to do so puts a lot of the blame squarely on his shoulders for the loss today. The shit performance can be blamed partly on the players who looked for the most part like they couldn’t give a fuck. Not sure I’ve been more frustrated after a match than today.
If we hadn’t gone down to 10 I think Gil and Tanguy would have played

Yes it was shit.

But played 4, Won 3, Lost 1 isn't bad.

stop-the-count-donald-trump.gif

It feels like Kane is trying to reduce his value to match the Man City valuation.

my ratings
Lloris - 4. Not necessarily at fault for the goals but Palace could have had a few more because of his poor clearances at corners and the like
Emerson - 2. Looked shite and not ready For this intensity. If he only started training with the team in mid week this would explain it.
Tanganga - 2 - both yellow cards not necessary. Up until that point he had look really solid.
Dier - 5 - looked ok up to the injury
Reggie - 4 - distribution was awful.
Skipp - 6 - looked ok
PEH - 4 - did nothing. Nothing going forward, marginal defensively and distribution generally poor
Winks - 4 - did nothing. Nothing going forward, marginal defensively and distribution generally poor
Alli - 6 - did well after the Tanganga sending off
Moura - 7 - best player on pitch for Spurs.
Kane - 3 - anonymous.
Subs
Rodon - 5 - played well but horribly out of position for the third goal
Davies - 1 - poor bloke. Will be mortified by his own performance.

Agreed. Though what's hard to see, for me, is why we'd start that way against CP. Team selection was terrible, and they did their best to let Nuno know that.
Beats me, but if we are going to play 433 we can only do it when Lo Celso is available I reckon.

Otherwise the 4231 is what works best for us, and we had the players available to go that way.

It feels like Kane is trying to reduce his value to match the Man City valuation.

my ratings
Lloris - 4. Not necessarily at fault for the goals but Palace could have had a few more because of his poor clearances at corners and the like
Emerson - 2. Looked shite and not ready For this intensity. If he only started training with the team in mid week this would explain it.
Tanganga - 2 - both yellow cards not necessary. Up until that point he had look really solid.
Dier - 5 - looked ok up to the injury
Reggie - 4 - distribution was awful.
Skipp - 6 - looked ok
PEH - 4 - did nothing. Nothing going forward, marginal defensively and distribution generally poor
Winks - 4 - did nothing. Nothing going forward, marginal defensively and distribution generally poor
Alli - 6 - did well after the Tanganga sending off
Moura - 7 - best player on pitch for Spurs.
Kane - 3 - anonymous.
Subs
Rodon - 5 - played well but horribly out of position for the third goal
Davies - 1 - poor bloke. Will be mortified by his own performance.
Every player here you have over scored.

Did you think Tangangas second yellow was valid?
I did. Went off his feet 5m from Moss. What did he expect?

It was one factor in an abysmal display.

Poor team selection, poor individual performances, lack of options from the bench due to the South Americans going AWOL (surely massive fines should follow), lack of confidence in Ndombele, injuries, etc etc.

Moss's supposed refereeing decisions was number 37 on the list of reasons why we lost today - way behind how bright the sun was or the hardness of the pitch.

That was a fucking woeful performance with 11 men and 10 men!!

I get the context around this going into this game wasn't straightforward (after the International break - vs a team that doesn't have many players away at Internations + us losing players to injury and that clusterfuck in Brazil) but we looked clueless before the sending off. Losing Dier we were competitive up to that point, from the moment he went off we were dogshit. No aggression, no confidence, timid and sitting off Palace. This only had the effect of giving confidence to our opponents who just got better and better.

I do think Palace are better this year and will take points perhaps off other top teams too, everyone saying the West Ham are good at the moment drew 2-2 as an example of this (I think they should have won).

We now face further clusterfucks as we face Chelsea and the scum next with no Son, no Tanganga, no Dier (probably), no Lo Celso, no Romero, no Sanchez.
All those except Dier, if his injury is bad, will be available for Woolwich.

Really average performance, before the sending off.

Son was the biggest miss today, without his pace and running we had absolutely nothing to worry their defenders. Also looked clueless and lacking quality on the ball in midfield which is no surprise considering winks was playing.

Shades of last season, where our league position early on flattered us.

To think a bunch of Enic Simps were defending our summer window

farce of a club
Quite. Obvious we didnt do close too enough. Cheaped out again. A lot of our players today like Winks, Alli, Davies, i' m not even sure they get in the Palace side these days. As much as i like him could probably add Tanganga as well. We are what we have been for 2 years now, an average mid table side with Kane and Son to make us look respectable. .

Back
Top Bottom