Our Support was shit today

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm afraid that all we have to look forward to is a tricky game v norwich where they will all be singing as one and getting behind their team whilst we remain silent as usual. Could be embarrassing.

WE MUST MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN THEN....

it's pretty straightforward; WE SING FOR 90 MINUTES, even against a team like "little point generating any atmosphere 'cos we're bound to win" Norwich!
THEY'LL do it to us... let's do it to them.

I'll be there, I'm bringing ticker-tape, and will sing my heart out! Yes, that's right, EVEN for Norwich at home...
why should this game be any different to any BIG GLAMOROUS EUROPEAN NIGHTS, OR TOP FOUR PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES? 3 points are 3 points, right?

We can't moan that the players don't show up for games like this, if WE'RE not prepared to!

sing yourselves hoarse.. regardless of the opposition!

...fuck's sake!

Our support at Woolwich have been shit for years. This is the main reason why I haven't gone there for a few years. One thing is losing on the pitch, but being outsung by those muppets is just too miserable. I go home being more upset about our own fans than anything else, so I try to stay away.

Interesting thread.

In my experience the crowd is far better at Northern Away games.

Who the fuck is Rosie and Barry?

I've seen that guy with the plastic cover on his programme. Pleb.

I guess I'm the only one who didn't think we were that bad at the time? I was surprised when my sister told me on the phone that she couldn't hear us. Where I was stood, on the far right 5 seats away from them we sang constantly pretty much, I guess it just didn't carry.

The thing with playing Woolwich as well is that it's so emotionally draining. When they score completely against the run of play it takes so much out of you. It's like being absolutely full to the brim of adrenaline for it to be sucked completely out of you. We carried on singing though before half time but the break didn't help. I also think that where they position the away fans makes it harder for the noise to carry around that corner.

I guess I'm the only one who didn't think we were that bad at the time? I was surprised when my sister told me on the phone that she couldn't hear us. Where I was stood, on the far right 5 seats away from them we sang constantly pretty much, I guess it just didn't carry.

The thing with playing Woolwich as well is that it's so emotionally draining. When they score completely against the run of play it takes so much out of you. It's like being absolutely full to the brim of adrenaline for it to be sucked completely out of you. We carried on singing though before half time but the break didn't help. I also think that where they position the away fans makes it harder for the noise to carry around that corner.

I thought the same about the position being on the corner and how the sound carrys, until I remind myself of other teams that have gone their and all sung in unison, go look on YouTube and there are loads. Basically it was an embarrassing effort, which concerns me more than the result. I've seen many a Spurs team lose, I find it easier to take if we have sung well, in fact it helps me come to terms with losing because it is my mental and physical connection to the team. Oh well "we" gave it our best kinda mentality. But to loose and not make any effort leaves me with a sense of we deserved to get beat because as supporters we let our team down. Shameful.

I thought the same about the position being on the corner and how the sound carrys, until I remind myself of other teams that have gone their and all sung in unison, go look on YouTube and there are loads. Basically it was an embarrassing effort, which concerns me more than the result. I've seen many a Spurs team lose, I find it easier to take if we have sung well, in fact it helps me come to terms with losing because it is my mental and physical connection to the team. Oh well "we" gave it our best kinda mentality. But to loose and not make any effort leaves me with a sense of we deserved to get beat because as supporters we let our team down. Shameful.
I still left the ground with my voice gone.
I also agree that there was a lot more women there this year than previous years. There was a 16 year old girl next to me that didn't sing once. That's something that is unavoidable though, everyone earns their loyalty points the same way (hopefully) and has just as much right to attend than anyone else.

I still left the ground with my voice gone.
I also agree that there was a lot more women there this year than previous years. There was a 16 year old girl next to me that didn't sing once. That's something that is unavoidable though, everyone earns their loyalty points the same way (hopefully) and has just as much right to attend than anyone else.

I am convinced that many of the tickets go to Lounge/Executive members, who DON'T get LP's. They pay more for thier ticket than ST holders and I am sure becuase of this are given priority over LP's. I think this why there is such a difference between scum away and say any other away game.

I can't believe hat I'm reading! When I went too away games last year which was around 6 I had some cracking days to remember especially oldntrafford and upton park, I seriously don't understand some of our fans! Does anybody have a guess on how many loyalty points will be needed for villa away in the prem?

When I used to go to away games, the atmosphere was always better than at WHL, very rarely did I have a voice at the end of the game. My season ticket is in the Paxton, and it is pretty quiet there, which I hate, as I love singing my heart out. Don't know if its the acoustics of the ground, but it doesn't matter how many/few away supporters there are in WHL, they always seem to be really loud compared to our supporters. We only seem to turn up the volume rarely these days.

I can't believe hat I'm reading! When I went too away games last year which was around 6 I had some cracking days to remember especially oldntrafford and upton park, I seriously don't understand some of our fans! Does anybody have a guess on how many loyalty points will be needed for villa away in the prem?

Sunday 4pm, 3000 or so allocation I'd say about 150.

Back
Top Bottom