Our Support was shit today

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

gutting hearing this. call me mad but the support from our fans is often as important to me as the actual result. don't understand the reasoning behind paying £62 quid at our biggest rivals and being dead silent all game. thank god for 1882

I'm afraid that all we have to look forward to is a tricky game v norwich where they will all be singing as one and getting behind their team whilst we remain silent as usual. Could be embarrassing.

WE MUST MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN THEN....

it's pretty straightforward; WE SING FOR 90 MINUTES, even against a team like "little point generating any atmosphere 'cos we're bound to win" Norwich!
THEY'LL do it to us... let's do it to them.

I'll be there, I'm bringing ticker-tape, and will sing my heart out! Yes, that's right, EVEN for Norwich at home...
why should this game be any different to any BIG GLAMOROUS EUROPEAN NIGHTS, OR TOP FOUR PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES? 3 points are 3 points, right?

We can't moan that the players don't show up for games like this, if WE'RE not prepared to!

sing yourselves hoarse.. regardless of the opposition!

...fuck's sake!

the support from our fans is often as important to me as the actual result.

For a very long time, that was the one and only thing we could be proud of in a NLD.

Gooner: We won, your shit.
Me: Our fans outsang your cunt mob and we have 10X better support.

Now its completely up in the air. Shame what a few years of CL/Success has done to us.

Cheer up boys, regardless of our support, they are still cunts.

Even though scum don't fill their ground every week, it seems as though they really relish the NLD these days whilst our fans seem to think we've overtaken them on the pitch. Even if we were top of the league there's no excuse for being so quiet against them.

Never been to a NLD away but I've gotta be honest, you can rarely hear our fans singing on tv, almost like we're scared. We just let them sing whatever shit they like about us and just stand there shyly without responding.

We're good up north..I'm beginning to think all our singers are northern.

Our high lp mob are generally old and miserable....but I guess that's from years of following Spurs.

was thinking exactly the same thing. I guarantee if our fans were bouncing up and down all 90 minutes the satisfaction the scum fans would be feeling right now would be much, much less. Doesn't matter whats happening on the pitch, beat the scum off it ffs

I guess I'm the only one who didn't think we were that bad at the time? I was surprised when my sister told me on the phone that she couldn't hear us. Where I was stood, on the far right 5 seats away from them we sang constantly pretty much, I guess it just didn't carry.

The thing with playing Woolwich as well is that it's so emotionally draining. When they score completely against the run of play it takes so much out of you. It's like being absolutely full to the brim of adrenaline for it to be sucked completely out of you. We carried on singing though before half time but the break didn't help. I also think that where they position the away fans makes it harder for the noise to carry around that corner.

I thought the same about the position being on the corner and how the sound carrys, until I remind myself of other teams that have gone their and all sung in unison, go look on YouTube and there are loads. Basically it was an embarrassing effort, which concerns me more than the result. I've seen many a Spurs team lose, I find it easier to take if we have sung well, in fact it helps me come to terms with losing because it is my mental and physical connection to the team. Oh well "we" gave it our best kinda mentality. But to loose and not make any effort leaves me with a sense of we deserved to get beat because as supporters we let our team down. Shameful.

Never been to a NLD away but I've gotta be honest, you can rarely hear our fans singing on tv, almost like we're scared. We just let them sing whatever shit they like about us and just stand there shyly without responding.

Shameful scenes mate. I come out of the station with a mob of spurs, just me and a mate. This other group starts giving it large, all the Wenger songs etc...must have been ten of them.

Four big gooners come over telling them to shut up and fuck off. They didn't even peep, just melted.

They were all up for it today we were feeble.
Why didn't you have a word with the big bullies?

It was fucking unbelievable. Surrounded by utter plebs. Fella next to me asked us to 'calm down'.

That was up there with the worst atmosphere's I've ever been surrounded by. The Park Lane was more lively last weekend for Swansea.

The atmosphere at Chelsea away last season was superb. Can only assume the same people were there yesterday so I don't know what happened?

Embarrassed.

Fuck me I'm a bit late to this.

I heard about that, few of my mates were in that, older lot, sounds quality. Another one of my pals saw it. He said he was standing in that little drinking area outside the away end and next thing he knows he hears all this noise, looks over to the bridge and there's a big mob of Spurs fans taking the piss.

Not an excuse but I agree about what the game means. I hate it as much as I love it to the point where I feel sick, it's difficult to get going when you're so nervous etc. Sad to read this thread but it doesn't surprise me unfortunately.

Tottenham Arthur is the one who has his programmes in the case I think? @ Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante my mate knows Rosie, I've met him once or twice. What a nutter. Shit old pair of trainers, shit old phone. Apparently he once got really pissed off with the club for playing some sort of pre-season friendly and not advertising it well. He missed it and was annoyed, given how he rarely misses a game. Mad respect for him though.

Was talking to Tottenham Arthur at the game in question. Legend.

Reading this thread it's quite apparent that the NLD at the Effeminates has gone a bit Glastonbury.
Y'know, where it used to be about the hardcore fans who were there because they were just well up for it, but has slowly been taken over by fucking hipsters who just went so they can tell their friends that they went.

Back
Top Bottom