Olympiacos vs Tottenham Hotspur (18th September @ 17:55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don’t mind that result. Maybe I’m a happy clapper.

However, watched it with 5 work spurs mates in the pub.

Well fuck me, the way they moaned all game. I’m quite pleased to be a happy clapper. If your outlook, and the way you watch games is to literally moan like a little bitches and only enjoy it when we score. Well you are watching the wrong bloody sport.

I go to games, and tend to enjoy most of them. If you cry over every missed pass, poor substitution, then maybe, just maybe, you need to see somebody or try and alter your outlook on life.

Spurs is part of me, forever. Anyone who knows me, knows that. But people that just cry over every non-event, then please reassess where how you channel your energy, for your own good.

Up the Spurs. Park Lane ST holder
Result is okay its the performance that is a bit concerning as it's becoming a trend for this season.

So far from post match posts I have gleaned that it's time for Poch to go. Davies, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Dele, Ndombele are shit and Kane isn't the player he was. Poch is tactially inept and we have no offensive tactics.

Glad every one is being level headed. I hate it when people knee-jerk.

It’s knee jerk every week though isn’t it, Palace aside.

Result is okay its the performance that is a bit concerning as it's becoming a trend for this season.
Thats probably a fair way to say it. To be honest Jan looks old, Dele seems like he not quite what he was, and who knows what Eriksen is doing. Time to let these hungry kids step in and see if they can do a job.

I was at Anfield when we got beat 7-0. Had a great away day and genuinely can't recall anyone moaning. But then we never used to analyse games back then. We just accepted the result and started planning the logistics for the next game.

The moaners suck all the joy out of supporting Tottenham.

You’re just being highly selective with your memories - the game doesn’t change, people don’t change, it’s always been this way. Are you really trying tell me there weren’t any supporters complaining about Terry Neil back then? Lets get real real here and not try to pretend it’s was better back in the good old days and that you’re a more considered supporter than others. If you're accepting of a 7-0 defeat then actually I would suggest your actually part of the problem.

Bummer- we should really be beating sides like Olympiakos.

KWP would have been a much better choice than Sanchez.
I feel like we wasted a lot of chances because Dav can't pass from RB, can't cross, and is afraid to take it down the line. Please Poch put him back at CB where he belongs.

The Jan pen was just stupid. I thought CB's were supposed to get smarter and gain better judgment as they get older...

On the other hand though, our CL campaign last year felt just about as good in the group stages... Fucking spursy...

Thats probably a fair way to say it. To be honest Jan looks old, Dele seems like he not quite what he was, and who knows what Eriksen is doing. Time to let these hungry kids step in and see if they can do a job.
Dele is coming off injury so I'm not shocked he wasn't at his sharpest, but Eriksen just looked bad. Even when he's off he doesn't usually look that bad.

I don't think Poch knows who his best XI and formation are right now, or (hopefully) he knows but he can't play it yet do to match fitness and injury.

If we'd been 0-2 down and fought back for a point we'd all be jizzin' in our panties.

Some people need to get a grip.

A good hard won point in Athens is a decent start to our campaign

So when we play shit and lose I can say “if we had scored more goals than them you’d all be jizzing”

You should get a grip. We lost a 2-0 lead.

That doesn’t become better because if we were the ones who came back from 2-0 down it would be good.

What is that for an argument? Is your penis glued to Pochs arse?
Wait.....did you actually just say that no one should moan?

Because......

If hadn’t HAD NOT thrown the game away.....

And had done what they did to us....to them?
We’d be happy??

Nah, wait a minute....did you just say that IF the game was in a complete reverse of what happened.....we’d be happy?

So therefore...

Because it was NOT in reverse, we should get a grip?

So......don’t moan about things that happened...

Because.....

Something else that did NOT happen, would have been a better outcome?

And you meant this? Right? You really meant it?

I think the core of this team has had their moment. They're just not going to hit the heights of three or four years ago, and no manager on the planet can do anything about that. It's time to accept that the spine of the squad has to change or we're just going to have more and more and more frustrating performances with zero creativity on display.

Don’t mind that result. Maybe I’m a happy clapper.

However, watched it with 5 work spurs mates in the pub.

Well fuck me, the way they moaned all game. I’m quite pleased to be a happy clapper. If your outlook, and the way you watch games is to literally moan like a little bitches and only enjoy it when we score. Well you are watching the wrong bloody sport.

I go to games, and tend to enjoy most of them. If you cry over every missed pass, poor substitution, then maybe, just maybe, you need to see somebody or try and alter your outlook on life.

Spurs is part of me, forever. Anyone who knows me, knows that. But people that just cry over every non-event, then please reassess where how you channel your energy, for your own good.

Up the Spurs. Park Lane ST holder
We all here are THFC supporters, we all are one club man, Spurs is in the blood. You are ST holder , there are many on here who are including me.
We are all adults, grown up men/women or even ageing men/women and this is not counselling forum to come and tell people how to react when Spurs wins or loses a match.
Every person is different in the way they think, some are more sensitive than others, some are strong some are weak, some are drunk and some are sober.
The bottom line is that the reaction of people to an event in life is different from one person to the other. There are no rules and there is no right or wrong.
Up the Spurs. Upper West.
😀

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom