NLD match routine?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Routine don't make me laugh 12:30 kick off. Next one will be at dawn Sunday morning so the Chinese can have a lie in.

Iam old I remember boxing day matches then you could have a routine.

Fried turkey breakfast a couple in the colbury club then smash the bastards
I remember the Coolbury club, more for the nightclub though, not for breakfast ....and yes I remember when it was a given that the NLD took place on Boxing Day.

I remember the Coolbury club, more for the nightclub though, not for breakfast ....and yes I remember when it was a given that the NLD took place on Boxing Day.
The NLD was then replaced with home or away against west ham for a while.
Ahh the Coolbury Club.
back when i was a kid, i remember both my brother and sister going there on a Saturday night.It was quite a respectable night out back then,by all accounts.
I remember getting in there the late 90s when it was full of off duty "working ladies" drug dealers and other assorted "gangsters"...
No surprise when it finally closed its doors

This particular game is like no other,we all know that so leading up to it do have you a routine? A plan B if it goes pear shaped? do you keep away from social media or do you lap it all up saviour every minuet of the build up? Or do you just want it over and done with?

Um...what's going on here? We've got an NLD in TWO days - where's the match thread?! These international breaks really put everyone to sleep!

For the away game: if it's early kick off (always seems to be) get up, have a shower, go for a run, eat some breakfast, listen to some metal to get me in the mood, maybe read a few things on here, then onto the tube at Tottenham Hale which will be full of goons, meet my dad or whoever I'm going with (normally my dad) at Finsbury Park. Don't normally bother with the pub before the game at their place these days (especially if it's early). Go in relatively early, meet up with a few people, have a singsong in the concourse, watch the game...then what happens after depends on the result, but hopefully celebrate in the most decadent way possible.

For the home game: go to various pubs in Tottenham before and after regardless of result.
Not that I want to spend money at their temporary home, but do they serve alcohol at the library for away fans?

Not that I want to spend money at their temporary home, but do they serve alcohol at the library for away fans?
They've told our supporters trust that they will (both before the game and at HT), but it is "subject to review and any behavioural issues may result in sales being pulled."

Been a while since I've heard that sung at a game, seemed to lose it from our repertoire in the 00s.
Its a fairly generic chant though, I'd rather sing more original stuff (if there is such a thing).

Plus nowadays we are too busy singing about how great we are to be bothered about how shit everyone else is.

Back
Top Bottom