NLD match routine?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This particular game is like no other,we all know that so leading up to it do have you a routine? A plan B if it goes pear shaped? do you keep away from social media or do you lap it all up saviour every minuet of the build up? Or do you just want it over and done with?

Obviously depends on whether I am attending or not. In this case where I am not, I will probably be watching my favourite derby moments over and over again on Youtube, getting myself hopelessly optimistic. To be honest, whenevre I am watching these games at home I am a nervous wreck and don't enjoy them at all.

Will get up nice & early. Walk the dog & have a brekkie at the cafe en route. Will stay clear of the pub as I won’t get out of there otherwise & I have to work later (bugger)
Will get the now TV day pass & having done some obligatory housework, be settled in front of the TV with a cuppa by 1130am. Need to pray to the IT Gods that the internet doesn’t play up otherwise the remote could end up out the window. 4G on my phone doesn’t quite cut it for the NLD.
I’ve got a decent feeling about this game. They will have to play out of their skins & pray we don’t turn up. Whilst it’s always a worry that we may just have “one of those days”, they are much less frequent over the past 3 seasons & if we turn up with fire in our bellies, we win. Dembele, if fit, is the first name on the team sheet for this one. Recently, they just haven’t known what to do with him. Christian to carry on where he left off against Ireland & spurs to win 3-1.
COYS.

Going to the game.
Get up shower, breakfast etc then a bus up to a pub local-ish to me. Few beers to calm the nerves and catch up with people I only see at football. Tube down to Finsbury Park then walk to the ground. Endure the game. Walk back towards Angel Islington and hit a few pubs on the way then drink thereat if the day away in Islington.

Done this the last few games and seems to be the best routine I've found.

Unfortunately I don't have a ticket. Even more unfortunately, away games since Everton have had a gruelling routine, cycling up the Weald of Kent hills, including the bastard Yorks Hill. And on a mountain bike. Feel free to google. The pain is easily enough to take the mind off what might be happening in North London.

I've been using the routine for home games since then too, getting it over and done with early doors to get up to Wembley in time.

I wasn't able to do it the week of Wet Spam and Yanited. In mitigation, I'd had a steroid injection in my knee. Fingers crossed it'll stop me needing key hole, which would knock me out of Yorks Hill agony for quite a few matches.

Very annoying that the lucky routine I stumbled on during Everton didn't include spending the day in a 4 poster bed with some classy tarts and copious amounts of coke.

:pochshock:

Working until 1.

Can't believe I am working, but with xmas approaching and a missus and two herberts to look after I have no choice. When did life get so serious :(

Anyway, all communications will be switched off from 1230, home by 1:30 , sky plussing it so start from the beginning then drink as much as humanely possible whilst trying not to scream the C word every two seconds

Um...what's going on here? We've got an NLD in TWO days - where's the match thread?! These international breaks really put everyone to sleep!

Back
Top Bottom