Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.4%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.5%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.3%
  • Slot

Votes: 90 21.6%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 71 17.1%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 32 7.7%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 22 5.3%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.2%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
I think it works out in the summer as Pochettino to Real Madrid, Nagelsmann to Liverpool, Amorim to Atletico, and Enrique to Chelsea. Potter seems to be cursed.

Beware ex-Brighton managers.

I suspect the success is down to their absolutely fantastic structure throughout the entire club rather than any given individual.

I think part of that fantastic structure is outstanding analytics and recruitment, which includes choosing head coaches.

I would definitely take DeZerbi (possibly ahead of Nagalsmann) who was getting little Sassuolo to play really good football in Italy as well. (I didn’t see his Shaktar team play, but I read that they were also starting to play good football too)

No problem taking Potter either, although I think he would possibly test the patience of some Spurs fans in an AVB-esque way.

I think part of that fantastic structure is outstanding analytics and recruitment, which includes choosing head coaches.

I would definitely take DeZerbi (possibly ahead of Nagalsmann) who was getting little Sassuolo to play really good football in Italy as well. (I didn’t see his Shaktar team play, but I read that they were also starting to play good football too)

No problem taking Potter either, although I think he would possibly test the patience of some Spurs fans in an AVB-esque way.
Totally agree on De Zerbi. They're arguably the most entertaining team in the division since he joined them. As you say he's done it elsewhere as well. Really feels like the most Poch 2014 appointment.

Disagree on Potter though, wouldnt touch him with a bargepole. His sides dont score, that xg guff at Brighton is looking to be more about him than their strikers concidering that issue is now transfered to Chelsea and Brighton are scoring hatfulls. I just find his sides dull and the last thing we need is more dull football from someone binned by Chelsea.

Last edited:

Can we wait to see what De Zerbi does when teams figure out how to play against his system before getting too committed to him.

Potter looked like a genius at Brighton

Totally agree on De Zerbi. They're arguably the most entertaining team in the division since he joined them. As you say he's done it elsewhere as well. Really feels like the most Poch 2014 appointment.

Disagree on Potter though, wouldnt touch him with a bargepole. His sides dont score, that xg guff at Brighton is looking to be more about him than their strikers concidering that issue is now transfered to Chelsea and Brighton are scoring hatfulls. I just find his sides dull and the kast thing we need is more dull football from someone binned by Chelsea.

Spot on.

Can we wait to see what De Zerbi does when teams figure out how to play against his system before getting too committed to him.

Potter looked like a genius at Brighton

I mean, to be fair, Potter had his doubters even at Brighton. Mostly with his teams creation of the wrong kind of chances at goal.

De Zerbi was praised for his work in a top 5 league prior to his work at Brighton, where they look a lot better under him than they did under Potter.

We could have used that excuse of Pochettino at Southampton. But instead we went and got it done and the rest is history

How about giving it to the guy who took Woking from the Conference to the Champions League in 6 seasons? That kind of shit doesn't go unnoticed and he got offered a role in the England setup but turned it down cause he was busy pedaloing his way to Africa

film news GIF

Are they? I feel like I never respond to the same things others do when they judge that.

Is it fun to watch teams possess the ball? Counterattack? Take a lot of shots? Be patient in the build up?

Having cool players and winning is fun to watch, IMO.

I guess it's subjective, of course.

But I've never watched Brentford and got excitement out of their play like I have done with other lowly teams in the past. They are a very well drilled team and can be pretty hard to beat on their day. But I wouldn't call them exciting.

I mean, to be fair, Potter had his doubters even at Brighton. Mostly with his teams creation of the wrong kind of chances at goal.

De Zerbi was praised for his work in a top 5 league prior to his work at Brighton, where they look a lot better under him than they did under Potter.

We could have used that excuse of Pochettino at Southampton. But instead we went and got it done and the rest is history
I’m not against De Zerbi at all.

Just think it’s still hard to judge how god he is at this early stage.

I’m not against De Zerbi at all.

Just think it’s still hard to judge how god he is at this early stage.

He's been managing top flight football for 6+ years and got praise at practically every club he's managed in within that time.

His sample size isn't small. Like say, Kompany's is. Who's only ever managed in the Belgian League and the Championship, but by watching, you can see the hard work in the coaching side of things and the class of both men.

Back
Top Bottom