Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
Imo has to be a serious appointment with ambition. Any half measure risky appointment crap doesnt justify ticket hike. We pay top prices anyway. Tbh I knew conte would fuck off knowing kane had a year left on contract. Only came here to boost his bank balance.

Totally agree on De Zerbi. They're arguably the most entertaining team in the division since he joined them. As you say he's done it elsewhere as well. Really feels like the most Poch 2014 appointment.

Disagree on Potter though, wouldnt touch him with a bargepole. His sides dont score, that xg guff at Brighton is looking to be more about him than their strikers concidering that issue is now transfered to Chelsea and Brighton are scoring hatfulls. I just find his sides dull and the last thing we need is more dull football from someone binned by Chelsea.

Chelsea were already having problems though, that's why someone as good as Tuchel got the tin tack. One thing both teams had in common was a lack of quality reliable goalscoring personnel. The XG stuff wasn't guff IMO, it backed up that his coaching/tactics was creating chances - and doing a pretty good job of preventing them - but people like Maupay, Wellbeck et al weren't good enough to convert.

Brighton had started to score at a decent rate this season before Potter left. To some extent I think De Zerbi has benefitted from the two years of work Potter did, but that's not to degrade what De Zerbi is doing either, like Potter, he's done good work wherever he's been, I think his football carries more risk than Potter's, but is more exciting to watch, maybe with the right personnel, more rewarding?

Been completely underwhelmed by him.
His crap for £60M. No one was after him fir that money but we we t all in. Levy is a dick but surely this one is on the 2 Italian frauds. I’d like to see the agent fees on this one. Said it many times should have kept berg and use that money for Maddison or a quality CB. That is what we needed. Rich us not even a lane replacement.

1. People don’t see the difference in coverage of Spurs and Chelsea despite the mess they are in and the negative coverage we are getting? (Some self inflicted it’s true)

2. People can’t see how effective the media bias is… example:

If we don’t get top 4, no way Nagelsmann wants to come here.

If Chelsea don’t get top 4, then Potter gets fired and Nagelsmann will 100% choose Chelsea over us…

Either they both can’t be true or we really do live in a permanent inferiority complex.

Chelsea are like UTD massive Dino club. No stadium, squad structure has massive issues. If Chelsea don’t get top 4 with the money they have spent they are in BIG BIG trouble.
Surely JN would see the shit show at Chelsea and steer clear as well?
We just need to show some balls and go all I fit him or poch. Unfortunately the fraud prbly didn’t want either even though he knew he was gonna be banned and thought it best to go with fraud #3 in charge with mason. What we should have done is go to poch atarightaway and said start now if want to come back to us. None of this bollocks about waiting till end of season. Alternatively go for JN and give him whatever he wants to run the football side. However patarici wouldn’t have liked that so never happened. I reckon that cunt has held us back getting either one of them two. It’s a no brainier to most people but not spurs hierarchy. They will end up with a Nuno situation if they wait. I don’t get carrying on with the sane shit just with cunte no 2 in charge!

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'COACH I'M NOT TRYING TO COMPLICATE THE STRATEGY. IN FOOTBALL THERE ARE TWO ASPECTS: DEFENDING, WHICH IS ORGANIZATION, AND ATTACKING, WHICH IS TALENT AND CREATIVITY. THINK I CAN TEACH THE PLAYERS MORE IN TERMS OF DEFENSE. IN ATTACK DON'T WANT TO HIDE TALENT. Carlo Ancelotti'

Surely JN would see the shit show at Chelsea and steer clear as well?
We just need to show some balls and go all I fit him or poch. Unfortunately the fraud prbly didn’t want either even though he knew he was gonna be banned and thought it best to go with fraud #3 in charge with mason. What we should have done is go to poch atarightaway and said start now if want to come back to us. None of this bollocks about waiting till end of season. Alternatively go for JN and give him whatever he wants to run the football side. However patarici wouldn’t have liked that so never happened. I reckon that cunt has held us back getting either one of them two. It’s a no brainier to most people but not spurs hierarchy. They will end up with a Nuno situation if they wait. I don’t get carrying on with the sane shit just with cunte no 2 in charge!

Why do you think Paratici didn’t like JN?

Totally agree on De Zerbi. They're arguably the most entertaining team in the division since he joined them. As you say he's done it elsewhere as well. Really feels like the most Poch 2014 appointment.

Disagree on Potter though, wouldnt touch him with a bargepole. His sides dont score, that xg guff at Brighton is looking to be more about him than their strikers concidering that issue is now transfered to Chelsea and Brighton are scoring hatfulls. I just find his sides dull and the last thing we need is more dull football from someone binned by Chelsea.
Why we fucking around saying get potter. That ship sailed in 21 when we got Nuno instead. I wanted potter then but no pint getting him now if his sacked by chavs. We can’t keep hiring ex sacked Chavs managers. There are two available managers who fit the bill perfectly we should go after now namely poch and jn. If fail to get either one then that shows what are ambition is tbh.

Why do you think Paratici didn’t like JN?
No idea but just get this feeling about patarici that he ignores any managers who would seem the perfect match. Plus he has previous guttuso Nuno and cunte. Also doubt pats philosophy is diff. Just look at Jesus at goons and compare with rich. I said at the time out of the two the better footballer was Jesus. He works just as hard as the so claimed road runner we got.

No idea but just get this feeling about patarici that he ignores any managers who would seem the perfect match. Plus he has previous guttuso Nuno and cunte. Also doubt pats philosophy is diff. Just look at Jesus at goons and compare with rich. I said at the time out of the two the better footballer was Jesus. He works just as hard as the so claimed road runner we got.
Richy is better player than Jesus but having a worse season.

Back
Top Bottom