Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
Or Poch doesn’t want to throw himself headfirst into an inferno of shite.
He will certainly avoid that by coming back to us...

No Way Reaction GIF by EA SPORTS FIFA

Or Poch doesn’t want to throw himself headfirst into an inferno of shite.
I think that might be the main reason Chelsea are keeping potter. Candidates will be looking at that and seeing that they hired two managers during the season who had decent track records and wonder if it’s worth it.

They inherit a bloated squad, have to find their best xi in a short amount of time and are expected to hit the ground running.

Oh really?

Admittedly this season has been less consistent or dominant as last, but let's not talk shit. He's worked wonders with a squad containing some bang average players. Those average players have slipped back to where their usual standard is and we're seeing that now.
To suggest Conte is "the Italian Fat Sam" is utterly ridiculous.

Go back and watch the game from Sunday again. Spam set up in basically the same formation as us. 3421
The difference, is their 3 all stayed back whereas ours roamed forward.
Their 2 "wings backs" stayed back, whereas ours attacked and combined for 1 of the goals.
Their 2 CM's stayed back, whereas ours pushed on and 1 of them payed a KDB-esq pass for one of the goals.
They basically played 8 at the back, which is why their front players barely touched the ball.
THAT is relegation fodder football.
The second and third link is the same link you FRAUD. But seriously do you think they would of set up that way if they were say 7th in the league instead of being 18th and only won one game in the past ten? The way they were set up by Moyes indicates that they were obviously much more focused on not conceding rather than scoring.

Regarding the Big Sam comparison, of course it's a bit of tongue in cheek over exaggeration, but its not far off. We have been utter crap to watch for almost every game this season. My Big Sam comparison was more directed at Conte's total lack of flexibility with tactics and changing things up when we're clearly not performing well or need a tactical tune up mid way between a game.

Have Brighton actually improved since Potter left?

De Zerbi seems like he has them playing well but have the results really improved and how much is down to the way the club is run?
If we're judging based off an average of points per game I'm fairly sure its a no. Despite that they are playing well and its a bit of both, decent new manager and club being run well.

De Zerbi seems like he has them playing well but have the results really improved and how much is down to the way the club is run?
Surely even maintaining the same level Brighton were at under potter is an accomplishment?

The club don’t select the tactics and coach the players.

The football nerds online from what I’ve read are impressed with him.

Surely even maintaining the same level Brighton were at under potter is an accomplishment?

The club don’t select the tactics and coach the players.

The football nerds online from what I’ve read are impressed with him.
Seen that as well when reading more of that content. Will say this, the football analysis content community are very very same same. Always wanking on about how amazing the same shit if from different managers.

Press structures, 3-2-2-3 with the ball, 4-4-1 without it etc. With a small wiggle room, that's what they think is good and produces Xg type stats.

I'd have to say yes

They look more likely to score goals under De Zerbi, and maybe it's just his luck that Mitoma is unplayable at the moment. I do like his implementation of a no10 and even how he's used full-blooded strikers (Ferguson and Undav) in the position. He' s taken inspiration from some of the greats, went to see Bielsa's Bilbao train and the same with Pep's Bayern. I was very impressed with the football he had Sassuolo playing. I would definitely not be against the signing of De Zerbi

The second and third link is the same link you FRAUD. But seriously do you think they would of set up that way if they were say 7th in the league instead of being 18th and only won one game in the past ten? The way they were set up by Moyes indicates that they were obviously much more focused on not conceding rather than scoring.

Regarding the Big Sam comparison, of course it's a bit of tongue in cheek over exaggeration, but its not far off. We have been utter crap to watch for almost every game this season. My Big Sam comparison was more directed at Conte's total lack of flexibility with tactics and changing things up when we're clearly not performing well or need a tactical tune up mid way between a game.
I'm not disputing we have been pretty boring to watch this season.
But the 2nd half of last season was the best football we've played for years and that INCLUDES at least the last year of Pochettino.

There's a romantasism that has clouded people with Poch. We were fucking boring in the first season and we were fucking boring at the end (before the start of 19/20)
Having a lot of the ball and barely having a shot and then losing is as boring as West Ham putting 8 players behind the ball and hoping to nick a goal.

I wish people would stop kidding themselves that it was all champagne football with Poch. It wasn't.

If true must mean a deal with Poch has been agreed for the summer IMO.
got a taxi back from the airport Sunday. The cabbie was Chelsea, he was sure Poch was going there. I said no way. He spouted some shit about doing it to spite Levy, etc.

I said firstly he likely has too much loyalty to do that, secondly, him and Levy were very close and I believe it's the hardest decision Levy has ever had to make, and thirdly, it's most likely Conte won't remain and he's already lined up Poch to come to us.

Suffice to say he kept spouting shite. I tuned out and ignored him... Think he said something about Kane going there.

I'd legit take Potter if Chelsea fires him. I still rate him highly. Coming in mid-season to that Chelsea roster and then bringing in like 15 new players is a very difficult situation. And it's not like he took over for a bad coach. Tuchel couldn't get a tune out of them and he's an elite coach.

According to The Telegraph, De Zerbi should have a release clause of £11.5m, which should be doable if he'd want to take on this sinking ship

[Albion] - Brighton's Roberto De Zerbi drawing attention of Europe's top clubs

Dismembered​

nah I'm not worried. like our players, he's only going to leave for a very very top job. that isn't spurs, and I doubt the Italian clubs could pay his release “

——-

Answer me this question guys. Why has it become the in thing for every rival fan to disrespect Spurs? I mean i get Chelsea fans ripping into us being rivals and them winning pretty much everything, but we now have fucking tin pot Brighton fans dismissing us as a club for their manager? 🤦‍♂️ I don’t particularly want him, but let’s be honest he would walk to Spurs if we went for him. De Zerbi certainly wouldn’t attract any club bigger than ours right now. Why has it become a trend for us to get ripped to pieces? When so many other clubs are much worse off. Don’t understand it.

[Albion] - Brighton's Roberto De Zerbi drawing attention of Europe's top clubs

Dismembered​

nah I'm not worried. like our players, he's only going to leave for a very very top job. that isn't spurs, and I doubt the Italian clubs could pay his release “

——-

Answer me this question guys. Why has it become the in thing for every rival fan to disrespect Spurs? I mean i get Chelsea fans ripping into us being rivals and them winning pretty much everything, but we now have fucking tin pot Brighton fans dismissing us as a club for their manager? 🤦‍♂️ I don’t particularly want him, but let’s be honest he would walk to Spurs if we went for him. De Zerbi certainly wouldn’t attract any club bigger than ours right now. Why has it become a trend for us to get ripped to pieces? When so many other clubs are much worse off. Don’t understand it.
Because they are all wankers mate.

It's why I'm so against the media/twitter etc because they talk about Spurs like we're a piece of shit and are a nothing football team yet it's so far from the truth.

This then just fuels a narrative so like you say fans of Brighton (who have been irrelevant for how long?) start picking up on what the media/twitter clowns say and just carry on the stick.

Brighton were playing in League 1 using an old athletics stadium not long ago so for their fans to be taking the piss outta our club is pretty fucking comical.

Back
Top Bottom