Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
Or, we could look at it and say Potter got brought in with no pre season to a club in turmoil behind the scenes and had to figure out out a load of new players. He’s also not a bus park, quick fix type of manager.

Maybe if Chelsea give him the time and at least one pre season to figure it all out and work with all these new players, he might just get a tune out of them like he did a bunch of much inferior players at Brighton?

I think it's too much of a coincidence that Chelsea are having the exact same problem that his Brighton had. Different set of players, exactly the same problem.
Maybe he's just not good at coaching players in the final 3rd for some reason or another.
Maybe they don't do enough work with the ball in those positions in training, maybe they don't know what the plan is once they have worked themselves into scoring positions.

This is not an "I was right so ner ner" post, but I had a fear that what is happening at Chelsea would happen to us if we got him. When people were clambering for him to replace Mourinho I even said I'd rather see how he got on elsewhere first.
The thing about managers in the 21st century is they will always be available again in a few years. So much so, in a few years we could be looking at Pep of Klopp. (Probably not getting Pep or Klopp, mind)

What would Levy do to stop Poch going to Chavs?

Sack Conte now to give him the job? I don't think he would, although I'd don't think we'll see Conte in charge next season.
That would be a bold move. To sack Conte right now and bring Poch in. In my opinion.

Last edited:
Maybe Chelsea will wait it out for Conte in the summer?

They won’t go for Poch.

Boehly is off his head and not willing to admit mistakes like paying record money for Potter. For better or worse, the geography teacher is getting the full season. Even if we humo them 4-0
Presumably, he's still paying Tuchel and his team as well. Paying Tuchel, Potter and Poch means spending 40 million a year on managers, not counting the Potter transfer fee.

Potter is guaranteed 60 million if he doesn't walk away, absolutely mental that you would offer him that much. They could've offered him half of that and a shorter contract and he probably still would've taken it.

Is stevie cooper being linked with any bigger clubs( forest aren’t small)
This season he has to play ultra defensive to stay up after integrating 98 players.

Is stevie cooper being linked with any bigger clubs( forest aren’t small)
This season he has to play ultra defensive to stay up after integrating 98 players.
He signed a long term deal, the guy's a hero in Nottingham after miraculously getting them promoted when they were bottom of the table. He's not going anywhere.

Ngl can't wait to see Poch back. Conte was a dream in theory but in reality practically every game its been like watching an italian Big Sam setting his teams up like we're in a relegation battle
Oh really?

Admittedly this season has been less consistent or dominant as last, but let's not talk shit. He's worked wonders with a squad containing some bang average players. Those average players have slipped back to where their usual standard is and we're seeing that now.
To suggest Conte is "the Italian Fat Sam" is utterly ridiculous.

Go back and watch the game from Sunday again. Spam set up in basically the same formation as us. 3421
The difference, is their 3 all stayed back whereas ours roamed forward.
Their 2 "wings backs" stayed back, whereas ours attacked and combined for 1 of the goals.
Their 2 CM's stayed back, whereas ours pushed on and 1 of them payed a KDB-esq pass for one of the goals.
They basically played 8 at the back, which is why their front players barely touched the ball.
THAT is relegation fodder football.

Next manager after Conte should be a female manager, Spurs should be the PL leader and first club to appoint a woman as first team manager in the men's football premier league.
Long live Spurs long live women long live football long live EPL long live Spurs fans.

Wouldn’t be stunned if Levy has promised Poch the job already, no way Conte is still here by the start of next season regardless of what happens I think. Tbh I’ve already been wondering what Poch could do w this team bc the skeleton of a decent side is there.

He loves us. Doesn't he

james-vanderbeek-from-dawsons-creek-trying-not-to-cry-ee8cwzjph0c8y1el.gif

Back
Top Bottom