Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
Do you think they’ll sack Potter?

I’ve got no idea but he doesn’t seem to be getting them to perform. If he does go I think you’re right and they’ll go for Poch. Glad he’s out the country.
I think it's more likely they'll reassess in the summer. Boehly likes him. On the other hand he's an impatient American who's just spunked £600m on players. Losing at home to bottom of the league Saints is the worst result imaginable for Potter.

I need Thomas Tuchel at this football club.

No he will be another Jose or Conte. Great manager but this club doesn’t work with managers who use elite players and are pragmatic. It’s not Tuchel that’s is the issue it’s us, we don’t suit that type of manager sadly.

I think it's more likely they'll reassess in the summer. Boehly likes him. On the other hand he's an impatient American who's just spunked £600m on players. Losing at home to bottom of the league Saints is the worst result imaginable for Potter.

Potter’s failing at Chelsea so far shows why it was good we didn’t push for him. The same thing would happen here I think.

So, what do we think Levy does if the Chavs sack Potter tonight and go after Poch?

Personally I think he thanks Antonio for his service and explains the situation. Antonio gets his contract paid out and a chance to recover health wise.

I can't see a world where Levy lets Poch rock up at Chelsea whilst the Spurs managerial situation is in limbo.

I’d rather take a punt on Potter and let Chelsea have Pochettino.

Potter’s failing at Chelsea so far shows why it was good we didn’t push for him. The same thing would happen here I think.

Or, we could look at it and say Potter got brought in with no pre season to a club in turmoil behind the scenes and had to figure out out a load of new players. He’s also not a bus park, quick fix type of manager.

Maybe if Chelsea give him the time and at least one pre season to figure it all out and work with all these new players, he might just get a tune out of them like he did a bunch of much inferior players at Brighton?

I need Thomas Tuchel at this football club.

Cbs No GIF by HULU

Or, we could look at it and say Potter got brought in with no pre season to a club in turmoil behind the scenes and had to figure out out a load of new players. He’s also not a bus park, quick fix type of manager.

Maybe if Chelsea give him the time and at least one pre season to figure it all out and work with all these new players, he might just get a tune out of them like he did a bunch of much inferior players at Brighton?

But it looks the same at Chelsea. Poor in the final third. I wonder if his Swansea team were the same?

No tuchel please another dick.
Potter would have had him in summer 21 instead of Nuno but patrici wanted a Mendez client the cunt. Think potter will either get time or be sacked pretty soon if CL football is not gonna happen. He will then need some timeout and reenergise.
Think we either poch the job and finally get behind him, gets rid of the deadwood and get a young firing again. Most of the ingredients are there for him and he needs to have at least one season at the house he was hugely responsible for. We have let such undeserving fuckers like jose and conte come to poch”s house and stink it out.
If not poch then a young manager in klopp mould who basically gets the team fired up and go out to pummel the opposition. No more shite sit back and be passive tactics please!

I chatted with an AI chatbot today and asked if Spurs should sack Conte.
- It said yes, definitely.
I asked why, It said, - because they want to
Then I asked who should replace him.
It said - someone really awesome.
I asked who. I didn't get an answer.

When I kept pushing it said Arne Slot, and I asked why, it said, because he's a legend.

So my opinion is now, sack Conte and replace him with the legend Arne Slot.

No he will be another Jose or Conte. Great manager but this club doesn’t work with managers who use elite players and are pragmatic. It’s not Tuchel that’s is the issue it’s us, we don’t suit that type of manager sadly.
Tuchel didn’t work with elite players all his career. He did well at Mainz and Dortmund, the latter’s probably the same type of club as Tottenham.

The fact that he was sacked by Chelsea and they are still shit, maybe even worse, whilst having a new manager a lot of people rated, proves that he wasn’t the problem there imo. Also he had some personal shit going on from what I heard.

I don’t know if he would get along with Levy and Paratici, but he’d be a good option. It won’t happen though.

So, what do we think Levy does if the Chavs sack Potter tonight and go after Poch?

Personally I think he thanks Antonio for his service and explains the situation. Antonio gets his contract paid out and a chance to recover health wise.

I can't see a world where Levy lets Poch rock up at Chelsea whilst the Spurs managerial situation is in limbo.
What would Levy do to stop Poch going to Chavs?

Sack Conte now to give him the job? I don't think he would, although I'd don't think we'll see Conte in charge next season.

Maybe Chelsea will wait it out for Conte in the summer?

They won’t go for Poch.

Boehly is off his head and not willing to admit mistakes like paying record money for Potter. For better or worse, the geography teacher is getting the full season. Even if we humo them 4-0

Back
Top Bottom