Newport County v. Tottenham Hotspur ||| FA Cup 4th round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Before we all lose our minds, the F.A. Cup is all about, and needs results like this. It has happened to better teams than us and will again. Whilst we were out battled in the first half, we absolutely bossed the second. Newport were out on their feet after an hour an keeping to the plan to play through them brought the equaliser. We have all enjoyed other clubs being dumped out of the cup by minnows and long may it continue. Yesterday was our turn in the chair, but let's not forget that their players were nothing short of heroic. Were we beaten, I would have applauded Newport off the pitch, and rightly so. If you believe that this game was only about us, then you have no soul.

Agree with those above who said Foyth was impressive yesterday. He showed a lot of confidence and composure in what was a really tough situation. Definitely a good prospect, he's a bit reminiscent of Stones only without the fuckups.

Think Poch was caught between a rock and hard place with the selection yesterday, he obviously wanted to rest our AMs, 3 5 2 seemed a way to do that but in reality just left us outnumbered in midfield (where Vic and Moose were out of sorts anyway) and the extra man up top did us no good at all, the change as soon as Llorente came off was immense, like taking the brakes off.
Vertonghen may as well be Foyth's Dad. Similar aura. Similar assurance.

Before we all lose our minds, the F.A. Cup is all about, and needs results like this. It has happened to better teams than us and will again. Whilst we were out battled in the first half, we absolutely bossed the second. Newport were out on their feet after an hour an keeping to the plan to play through them brought the equaliser. We have all enjoyed other clubs being dumped out of the cup by minnows and long may it continue. Yesterday was our turn in the chair, but let's not forget that their players were nothing short of heroic. Were we beaten, I would have applauded Newport off the pitch, and rightly so. If you believe that this game was only about us, then you have no soul.

Spot on.

If they’d won, I suspect there would have been a pitch invasion, players held aloft, the whole works. I’d be gutted that we’d lost, but still feel happy for them.

As it is, a draw was probably their best outcome from a financial perspective, so Kane shouldn’t feel too guilty!

My first comment on the game after 24 hour embargo.
Newport's fans sounded more like 20k+ attending, they were more entertaining than the game at some points. I wonder if bt sport were turning up the gain on the pitch side mics.
Second half we were more direct in the attack, but whoever had the ball kept coming up against two defenders at a time. Madness.
Hope we can fill out the ground for the replay.

great post

I'm hugely relieved not to have lost. The inevitable pitch invasion would have replaced the Beeb's current favourite - the 20,000 Parka jackets swarming onto the pitch as Hereford beat the Barcodes. Constant reminders of a terrible memory. You had a poor game, Harry, but thank God for that equaliser

Back
Top Bottom