Newport County v. Tottenham Hotspur ||| FA Cup 4th round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:) 1,600 little mice in the away end. We've had away followings less than 100 make more noise than Spurs. I can understand most were probably overawed by being able to see the red sky and were worried about being rained on but you have to admit it was a poor showing. Yes, it was our final, but you contributed nothing to the atmosphere. I do think the "We hate Tottenham" chants were out of order though. Still, see you all next Wednesday. If VAR helps us lose only 5-0 instead of 6-0 then I'll be happy! :)

You won the singing. Woo Hoo. Have another biscuit.

Hoddle's problem with England was Brooking. They were similar players and Brooking was the senior player and given the ball more often by other England players and Hoddle had to rely on scraps and did not see anything like the amount of the ball that he did for Tottenham.
You have a point but decent player that Brooking was, he was never in Hoddle's class in my opinon. England should have built a team around Hoddle.

Hoddle's problem with England was Brooking. They were similar players and Brooking was the senior player and given the ball more often by other England players and Hoddle had to rely on scraps and did not see anything like the amount of the ball that he did for Tottenham.
brooking was finished in 82, just when Hoddle was kicking on. The main problem for Hoddle was probably Wilkins in terms of generally being selected with Robson.
Worth noting that Hoddle played every minute at WC1986 - probably because Bryan robson done his shoulder and Wilkins got sent off.

raw

Ok, fair enough on the foreign cap issue but he was criminally underrated at International level and should have more English caps. He was a special talent and i feel would have been more appreciated had he played for another Country.

And then, somewhat ironically, was in charge of the England set-up that saw Matt LeTissier given just 8 England Caps and left him out of the squad for France despite Le Tissier giving an outrageous performance scoring a hat-trick for England B in their last warm up game against Russia.

6-0 in the replay

Lucas Moura with all the goals.

Moura to go over to the away fans and take them all out.

Moura to get a straight red and a lifetime ban.

He then seductively kisses the badge and shouts "im never gonna f***** leave!" in an exotic brazilian cockney accent.

Then he gets a place on the hall of fame and everyone hates him.

Not really, I reckon 3-0. Kane, Son, Eriksen with the goals.

COYS!

You have a point but decent player that Brooking was, he was never in Hoddle's class in my opinon. England should have built a team around Hoddle.
The whole of europe(except the England set up) agreed with this.
Platini use to laugh when talking about how Hoddle's wasn't first name on the England team sheet.
Brooking also fitted the type of player they wanted back then.Stiff upper lip etc
Hoddle (Along with Tony Currie,Stan Bowles etc) was seen as a maverick.
Disgraceful

And then, somewhat ironically, was in charge of the England set-up that saw Matt LeTissier given just 8 England Caps and left him out of the squad for France despite Le Tissier giving an outrageous performance scoring a hat-trick for England B in their last warm up game against Russia.
Very true, though i still rate Hoddle as a good England manager outside of the off pitch fiasco.

The whole of europe(except the England set up) agreed with this.
Platini use to laugh when talking about how Hoddle's wasn't first name on the England team sheet.
Brooking also fitted the type of player they wanted back then.Stiff upper lip etc
Hoddle (Along with Tony Currie,Stan Bowles etc) was seen as a maverick.
Disgraceful
I put Alan Hudson in that bracket also.

:) 1,600 little mice in the away end. We've had away followings less than 100 make more noise than Spurs. I can understand most were probably overawed by being able to see the red sky and were worried about being rained on but you have to admit it was a poor showing. Yes, it was our final, but you contributed nothing to the atmosphere. I do think the "We hate Tottenham" chants were out of order though. Still, see you all next Wednesday. If VAR helps us lose only 5-0 instead of 6-0 then I'll be happy! :)
Are you going to your next league game, or are you one of those tossers that only turned up to see our reserve keeper?

I'm guessing the later...That sort tends to be trappy.

Oh give it a rest. I know you’ve come round, but you thought the manager was a clown to begin with. You’re not the super fan you’re pretending to be now.

That old chestnut!!
which we’ve already covered last time you had a hissy

No I didn’t rate Poch when he first arrived an opinion I soon reversed
So you don’t rate him now then as he clearly believes Sissoko is worth his place??

So well done for bringing that up again

The Forum policeman strikes again that is until you flounce off for another drunken sabbatical!!
You’re a fucking joke mate so put me on ignore like you did before if you don’t like what I’m posting or just don’t read it

I’m not pretending to be a super fan either as I say things how I see them and, unlike you, when I post something I don’t alter it the next day when I sober up

Ok, fair enough on the foreign cap issue but he was criminally underrated at International level and should have more English caps. He was a special talent and i feel would have been more appreciated had he played for another Country.

Or by another England manager

Criminal waste of talent

That old chestnut!!
which we’ve already covered last time you had a hissy

No I didn’t rate Poch when he first arrived an opinion I soon reversed
So you don’t rate him now then as he clearly believes Sissoko is worth his place??

So well done for bringing that up again

The Forum policeman strikes again that is until you flounce off for another drunken sabbatical!!
You’re a fucking joke mate so put me on ignore like you did before if you don’t like what I’m posting or just don’t read it

I’m not pretending to be a super fan either as I say things how I see them and, unlike you, when I post something I don’t alter it the next day when I sober up

No I don’t rate him for thinking Sissoko is worth his place. The rest of your post is rubbish. Forum policeman coming from you lol. Drunken sabbatical? You’re the one with gout as you remind us every day. You literally think you’re perfect. Not so. You’re a pub bore.

Edit: And now you’re going on a disagree spree. Top tip, it doesn’t hurt.

Back
Top Bottom