Newport County v. Tottenham Hotspur ||| FA Cup 4th round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well I think the ‘Sissoko’ question would invalidate that statement - he has no discernible skill.
His skills are mainly defensive ones, but he is quick and makes aggressive runs at opposition defenses, gaining large amounts of ground.
We just have to hope one of our players can tackle him before he concedes possession.

That is simply not true - unless he’s trying to trap it, and even then it could go anywhere.

He takes two or more touches to control a 5 yard pass travelling at 3 mph. You’ve made Sissoko your theme tune, and you’ve become blind to the truth.

Watch him more closely Joe

Vast majority of his passing is one touch but he does tend to take the easy option and if he did trap it and look up more often he would be better

His main attribute for me is his covering and tracking back

I’m not blind to the truth as it’s my opinion and you saying things like controlling a 5 yd pass travelling at 3 mph doesn’t really contribute much to the debate but surprised you didn’t get a couple of funnies

I’m well aware of his faults, chiefly his ball control but I think he’s now established himself as an essential part of Poch’s team which is why he gets picked so often

This hysteria against him reminds me of the boo boys on the terraces slagging off Terry Fenwick years ago
Not a favourite of mine but I got behind him when I was in my usual spot in the Paxton so I think we should trust Poch on this one

Saturdays performance was poor but Sissoko was one of our best performers on the day

Have a funny for that.
You really are a Sissoko fan. Fair enough.
Did you not watch the second half though?

He was the best of an awful bunch in the first half, granted. But that’s not saying a lot for him I’m afraid.
And second half he again looked like he was wearing his boots on the wrong feet.
Lad gives plenty of effort, but lacks any class, skill or guile.
Sorry Baz. Have to agree to disagree on this player.

Thanks for the funny

To clarify he’s not my favourite and I’m well aware of his faults but this hysteria against him is totally unwarranted

I re watched the game and did note that, even well into the last ten minutes, he was popping up all over the pitch covering and tackling
I like that sort of ethos but it wasn’t reciprocated by several of his teammates

I thought Wanyama, Trippier, Dier and Llorente all had shockers and Poch was rightly annoyed afterwards
:pochfacepalm:

The thing that beats lower league teams is guile. Everyone can be fit, but not everyone is blessed with skill. Our players don’t train on shit pitches and it shows.

No but that doesn’t explain the lack of effort whatever state the pitch is in

What was wrong with KWP? Didn't see the game.
He looks a bit slight of frame to me. Wouldn't hurt him to hit the gym a bit.

I thought he was playing too far up the pitch but certainly wouldn’t write him off

Listen, I don't know what your problem is buddy, a lot of people missed the Lamela injury news, me included, and were confused by people saying he had "sore arse" which I asked for a link to and was kindly given. You deserve a card for that because it's not appropriate and civilised behaviour on a forum to just randomly call someone a twat and I'm not gonna rise to the bait as I don't do petty arguments with petty people - I just disconnect with them in life and on the internet. I've given you, mindblown, Airfix and a couple of others another when chance when you've previously been unpleasant and taken you off ignore before but not anymore. So adiós.

Fuck off you cunt. :dembelefingers:

His skills are mainly defensive ones, but he is quick and makes aggressive runs at opposition defenses, gaining large amounts of ground.
We just have to hope one of our players can tackle him before he concedes possession.

You were doing well there Mick until the last remark

Watch him more closely Joe

Vast majority of his passing is one touch but he does tend to take the easy option and if he did trap it and look up more often he would be better

His main attribute for me is his covering and tracking back

I’m not blind to the truth as it’s my opinion and you saying things like controlling a 5 yd pass travelling at 3 mph doesn’t really contribute much to the debate but surprised you didn’t get a couple of funnies

I’m well aware of his faults, chiefly his ball control but I think he’s now established himself as an essential part of Poch’s team which is why he gets picked so often

This hysteria against him reminds me of the boo boys on the terraces slagging off Terry Fenwick years ago
Not a favourite of mine but I got behind him when I was in my usual spot in the Paxton so I think we should trust Poch on this one

Saturdays performance was poor but Sissoko was one of our best performers on the day
Terry Fenwick was a cunt. Even the mild mannered Bobby Robson thought so, and said so when he refused to play for England. He deserved all he got.

Terry Fenwick was a cunt. Even the mild mannered Bobby Robson thought so, and said so when he refused to play for England. He deserved all he got.

Is that the same mild mannered Bobby Robson who didn’t rate Hoddle?

He may have been a cunt and we’ve had more than our fair share of them over the years but my point is that while any player wears our shirt after getting selected by our manager I get behind them

I sometimes wonder what other teams fans think coming on this forum reading the vitriol and bile being spouted about one player

Can’t help comparing it to the abuse Lamela used to get

He may have been a cunt and we’ve had more than our fair share of them over the years but my point is that while any player wears our shirt after getting selected by our manager I get behind them

I sometimes wonder what other teams fans think coming on this forum reading the vitriol and bile being spouted about one player

Oh give it a rest. I know you’ve come round, but you thought the manager was a clown to begin with. You’re not the super fan you’re pretending to be now.

the Hoddle not getting caps, (would have 100 caps in another country) stuff is a myth.
Fenwick was a cunt (ask paul warhurst)
Sissoko is a poor footballer. I look back to some of the rank average midfielders that have pulled on a spurs shirt - Dozzell, Sinton, Neilsen, Saib, Berti, Tainio, Zokora - I could go on - they've all been poor but still probably shown more control, composure, ability in front of goal than sissoko. Yes he can run, hes he'll put a shift in - but he doesn' run intelligently, make space for others or get beyond the attackers.
On saturday Wanyama was the worst culprit, so bad that I actually assumed he was Sissoko.

Yawn. You sang a bit in your cup final. Have a biscuit.
:) 1,600 little mice in the away end. We've had away followings less than 100 make more noise than Spurs. I can understand most were probably overawed by being able to see the red sky and were worried about being rained on but you have to admit it was a poor showing. Yes, it was our final, but you contributed nothing to the atmosphere. I do think the "We hate Tottenham" chants were out of order though. Still, see you all next Wednesday. If VAR helps us lose only 5-0 instead of 6-0 then I'll be happy! :)

If Hoddle had been French or Spanish, he'd have got 150 caps. Fucking hell, Emile Heskey got more caps than Hoddle. So in my humble opinion it's not a myth. England should have cherished Hoddle not treat him as a luxury player.
I agree that he should have been cherised, but who are these gifted french and spanish players of the 80s with ton+ of caps?
Platini got about 70, Giresse about 40, Tigana the same. Michel was probably the best spanish midfielder of the 80s and doubt he got 50. Victor, Gallego and a few others will have been about 70 caps. Hitting a 100 caps was rare as fuck in those days.
Only Robson and Wilkins that I'm aware of have more caps than Hoddle from that era. Yes he missed out on a few games and suffered a bit from not playing in a country where the emphasis was on technique rather than physical attributes.

If Hoddle had been French or Spanish, he'd have got 150 caps. Fucking hell, Emile Heskey got more caps than Hoddle. So in my humble opinion it's not a myth. England should have cherished Hoddle not treated him as a luxury player.

Hoddle's problem with England was Brooking. They were similar players and Brooking was the senior player and given the ball more often by other England players and Hoddle had to rely on scraps and did not see anything like the amount of the ball that he did for Tottenham.

I agree that he should have been cherised, but who are these gifted french and spanish players of the 80s with ton+ of caps?
Platini got about 70, Giresse about 40, Tigana the same. Michel was probably the best spanish midfielder of the 80s and doubt he got 50. Victor, Gallego and a few others will have been about 70 caps. Hitting a 100 caps was rare as fuck in those days.
Only Robson and Wilkins that I'm aware of have more caps than Hoddle from that era. Yes he missed out on a few games and suffered a bit from not playing in a country where the emphasis was on technique rather than physical attributes.
Ok, fair enough on the foreign cap issue but he was criminally underrated at International level and should have more English caps. He was a special talent and i feel would have been more appreciated had he played for another Country.

Back
Top Bottom