Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 13th April. 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vicario
Porro
Romero
Micky
Emerson
Hojbjerg
LoCelso
Bentancur
Johnson
Richy
Sonny
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Romero Micky Emerson
Hojbjerg 
LoCelso Bentancur
Johnson Richy Sonny
[/lineup]

Bring on Werner & Mads vs tired legs around the hour mark and move Sonny to CF. Then round the 75th, protect our lead by adding some Romanian and Senegalese steel.

As long as Dier and Skipp aren't starting we should be okay. I'd go with an extra defensive midfield and wingers though. Just whoever defends better and is first to the ball. Truth be told Ange will play whoever the fuck he wants and think we can play through them even with 9 men, but the reality is we ought not to assume we can play our style of football without earning the right to play first.

We beat them 4-1 in December with starters Vicario, Porro, Cuti, Davies, Udogie, Biss, Sarr, Kulu, Son, Richy, Johnson.
Subs we used included Gil, Skipp and Donley. They started Joelinton, Lascelles, Almiron. We’re so much stronger now and they have so many first choice missing. Ange got tactics spot on for us from the off in December I recall.
Don’t you think we should beat them comfortably?

We beat them 4-1 in December with starters Vicario, Porro, Cuti, Davies, Udogie, Biss, Sarr, Kulu, Son, Richy, Johnson.
Subs we used included Gil, Skipp and Donley. They started Joelinton, Lascelles, Almiron. We’re so much stronger now and they have so many first choice missing. Ange got tactics spot on for us from the off in December I recall.
Don’t you think we should beat them comfortably?
I think most people on here have long since given up expecting Spurs to do what they "should" do, at the risk of sounding like a doomer.

As long as Dier and Skipp aren't starting we should be okay. I'd go with an extra defensive midfield and wingers though. Just whoever defends better and is first to the ball. Truth be told Ange will play whoever the fuck he wants and think we can play through them even with 9 men, but the reality is we ought not to assume we can play our style of football without earning the right to play first.
Joe Biden Hello GIF by The Democrats

It will never cease to amaze fee that some fans think we should go to places like Fulham, West Ham and Newcastle and 'win comfortably'

Last 10 games we have two more points than them.
They win most of their points at home.
Our away form one win in 6. And 3 out of our next 4 games are away from home.

This is not an easy place to go to if their fans create a good atmosphere. Maybe the early kick off will help us out.

Definitely one I’d be expecting to see in total 5 goals + anyway.

Last 10 games we have two more points than them.
They win most of their points at home.
Our away form one win in 6. And 3 out of our next 4 games are away from home.

This is not an easy place to go to if their fans create a good atmosphere. Maybe the early kick off will help us out.

Definitely one I’d be expecting to see in total 5 goals + anyway.
I cannot see anything but goals and quite a few of them. Only problem is I am not sure how they will be shared around!

I can't help but feel our next 4 games are make or break both AND free hits all at the same time...

So no contradiction or pressure THERE then!!

Newcastle (a)
- week off -
Arse (h)
Chelsea (a)
Liverpool (a)

By ANYONE'S standards, that's a truly awful run of consecutive fixtures... I suppose Newcastle at the weekend is probably the 'easiest' of the 4... (and that's hardly a stroll in the park) ...we all know what Chelsea will turn up against us when we play them, and the Arse/Liverpool games are obviously the toughest two... and that's not even taking into account the TBC Man City game!!! 'kin ell!!!

I know Villa have all 3 to play as well, but knowing them, they'll roll over at the weekend, then go all out to beat City and Liverpool, JUST to rub it in!!

Hojbjerg is the best option we have for the true DM role IMO - the others cant do it. The only problem is that with that you do get his more pragmatic use of the ball. But he will definitely shield the back 4 a lot better than any of our other options who are more box-to-box
I'll take pragmatic over gung-ho football for the next few games...
We got absolutely walloped in under 15 minutes up there last time (not Ange's fault, obviously!)
But at St James's if we let them have a sniff, the atmosphere could get beyond us...
Having said that, if WE control the early play, that place can turn on a sixpence.

...as someone else on here said quite rightly, we have to 'beat the crowd' as much as the players on the pitch!

(Gonna be the same at Anfield in a few weeks... Only the team on the pitch is far better than Newcastle's!!!)

S'gonna be a full-on, fun-in run-in!!!

If Newcastle were at full strength this looks like 3-2 home win for them.

But they're not, so maybe 3-3 or 3-4?

Although if Eddie has an eye on shoring up top 7 or 8 to get some sort of Euro spot, then maybe he'll set up more defensive to try to try get a valuable point - in which case 2-1 to us.

If Newcastle were at full strength this looks like 3-2 home win for them.

But they're not, so maybe 3-3 or 3-4?

Although if Eddie has an eye on shoring up top 7 or 8 to get some sort of Euro spot, then maybe he'll set up more defensive to try to try get a valuable point - in which case 2-1 to us.

You want to fit any more predictions in there?

Go all in to beat Newcastle, Chelsea and Woolwich and then we can “rest” against Liverpool and city because we hopefully won’t need the points by then.

Back
Top Bottom