Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 13th April. 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If they weren't owned by trillionaires who would wharp football beyond recognition if they had the FFP leeway, I'd feel sorry for them tbh.
Tonali banned, Botman refused an op then ends up out for 9 months because he didn't have it, etc etc
It's a bit beyond just bad luck really, it's almost gross negligence from their players. Who they still have to pay top whack ages to.

Under Conte, we played our best football with Bentancur & Hoijberg in midfield. Things often went sideways when we had to fall back on Winks or others.
Oddly enough, after really losing any form of control against Forest in the 1st half, we put those 2 on, and Forest barely had a sniff.

Hojbjerg is the best option we have for the true DM role IMO - the others cant do it. The only problem is that with that you do get his more pragmatic use of the ball. But he will definitely shield the back 4 a lot better than any of our other options who are more box-to-box

Hojbjerg is the best option we have for the true DM role IMO - the others cant do it. The only problem is that with that you do get his more pragmatic use of the ball. But he will definitely shield the back 4 a lot better than any of our other options who are more box-to-box
I don't even think he is a defensive player. I think he's been used that way by Mourinho and Conte, but I think in his mind, he's an all rounder and he wants to join attacks.

I don't even think he is a defensive player. I think he's been used that way by Mourinho and Conte, but I think in his mind, he's an all rounder and he wants to join attacks.
I agree, he isnt a "classic" DM like a Makelele etc - but he can do that role better than the rest.

Under Conte, we played our best football with Bentancur & Hoijberg in midfield. Things often went sideways when we had to fall back on Winks or others.
Oddly enough, after really losing any form of control against Forest in the 1st half, we put those 2 on, and Forest barely had a sniff.
Of all the midfielders hojberg has played alongside.I always thought him playing alongside Bentancur brought out the best in him,nothing spectacular but seemed more comfortable when paired with him.

I think ange will seriously be considering keeping them both in after yesterday’s showing.

I mostly do agree

But...

He really struggles when being pressed , we saw it yesterday with a couple of really poor passes that almost cost us a goal

back line picks itself.
midfield- Bentancur, Lo Celso and Maddo
front- Johnson, Son and Werner.

Gio plays 8 for the Malbec lovers. Don’t think he is creative enough for the 10.

They're missing through injury:

Sven Botman
Jamal Lascelles
Lewis Miley
Callum Wilson
Joelinton
Tino Livramento
Miguel Almiron
Kieran Trippier
Nick Pope

And Joe Willock also went off injured in their last game

Likely to line up like this if he is missing:

Dubravka
Krafht - Schar - Burn - Hall
Longstaff - Bruno - Anderson
Murphy - Isak - Gordon
Though, I guess Barnes could start instead of Murphy.

That team is.... I mean, more than beatable. The team they put out at the Lane was stronger than that

They're not going to sit back and Howe will have them up for this. But we are practically at full strength.
Full strength yes but too many players not in form. Newcastle at home will have to attack, the fans demand it. Speed is the answer for us against them……

Of all the midfielders hojberg has played alongside.I always thought him playing alongside Bentancur brought out the best in him,nothing spectacular but seemed more comfortable when paired with him.

I think ange will seriously be considering keeping them both in after yesterday’s showing.

He does a good job when he has someone at least as "senior" as him.
IMO, he was often bogged down with work when he played alongside Winks and that made him look bad at times.

Difficult game but hard to know what to expect from the barcodes.

They have a rake load of injuries particularly at the back so we need to attack them to best exploit them.

Have Hojberg and Bentancur played their way into the 11?

Richie if fit needs to start. Son on the left.

Brennan on the right, and give Werner and Kulu 20/30 mins to do what they can.

Vicario

Porro Romero VDV Udogie

Bentancur Hojbjerg

Maddison

Johson Richarlison Son

0-2 Spurs.

COYS

Son up top for this one, Newcastle aren't gonna bank up at the back, Son should thrive in the space he's given.

Back
Top Bottom