Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 13th April. 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They have lost 5 times this year (Liverpool, City twice, Goons and Chelsea).
Last home game was 1-1 Everton but in previous 5 home games they scored 15 goals.
I reckon Ange will start Hojbjerg in this one.

I'd like to be more positive, but I don't think we're smashing anybody. If we get anything from the game it will be an improvement on last year. They may be in poorer form, but we aren't title challengers ourselves.

This. I only recently learned from seeing a clip of Ben fosters podcast that St James park pitch is a massive slope. So in the second half the away team is playing uphill. Seems mental :D
I’d forgotten that, but now mentioned I think that is right. Coin toss important then 👍

Want the players to furget the game at our place. Go up there and fucking humiliate them to nake up for our last trip up there. 5 or 6 ( which we are capable of) to 0.
Felt sick watching that last year.

I'd like to be more positive, but I don't think we're smashing anybody. If we get anything from the game it will be an improvement on last year. They may be in poorer form, but we aren't title challengers ourselves.

Last season's result is all but completely irrelevant.

From the start of the season this is the game I've wanted us to win more than any other. Not only because they beat us heavily, but just the smugness that occured afterwards from the players and fans of a club that's spent all of recent memory scrapping around relegation.

Under Conte, we played our best football with Bentancur & Hoijberg in midfield. Things often went sideways when we had to fall back on Winks or others.
Oddly enough, after really losing any form of control against Forest in the 1st half, we put those 2 on, and Forest barely had a sniff.
I'm starting to think I personally may have been too harsh on PEH.

Can't see any change up front, Ange will stick with Werner/Johnson's pace.

Would be surprised if both Bentancur and PEH start but expecting the former for sure, probably for Biss.

We should be going there and winning tbh. They're a distinctly average side.

This. I only recently learned from seeing a clip of Ben fosters podcast that St James park pitch is a massive slope. So in the second half the away team is playing uphill. Seems mental :D
I don't think it's that significant of a difference. The overall site is on a slope (just walk up Barrack Road on the West side of the stadium) but I'm sure they've levelled the pitch as best as they can.

Some of the Barcode fans reckon it's a 1 metre slope.

Villa at the Scumirates next Sunday. I suspect a point at Toon will be gravy.
Let's beat Newcastle and hope Villa get a draw at those cunts. If we can put dome distance between us and the Brummies whilst the Goons hit a roadblock, that's a proper weekend of footy that.

Then let's fucking do them at our ground and their uber twat of a head coach can cry all he wants about them missing out on another title. Arsey...

I'd love Isak at Spurs, he'd fit the bill for Ange
However... back to the game in hand.. Maddison needs to get his finger out slightly and Bentancur should start perhaps with PEH in front of the back 4.. who knows
1-2 Son and 1 other to score.

Back
Top Bottom