Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 13th April. 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They've quality up front but wheeling out a papier-mâché backline. Put out a stronger team at our place to be rinsed 1-4. The wing play on both sides will be a lot of fun (if Barnes and Gordon start).

Hope Richy, Roddy and Gio get the start with Sonny and BJ on the wings.

Villa was also an over achievement.
In scoreline maybe yes and helped by a red card for that Jock git, but Villa were running on fumes and lots of injuries. We were comfortably winning before the red.

Barcodes are running on fumes and with lots of injuries. Last 2 home games couldn't beat EFC and Spammers only lost because the Moyesiah went full on Moyes to "protect the lead' when BC on the ropes.

That Spam game was their 2nd home win since Xmas. Includes Forest and Luton.

If we don't win it'll defo be pts lost.

Are people actually watching how toothless we are looking offensively in addition to teams easily being able to cut through us at will?

I think people are not fully grasping this due to us sneaking wins. Ange is literally allowing a player to continue being invisible offensively whilst making the team looks so open and vulnerable whilst attempting to defend (Maddison). He plays him in the middle with an out of sorts Bissouma in this one and we'll get last years treatment.

Please Ange don't allow us to get opened up continuously again. Start any 3 of Bissouma, Bentancur, Sarr, Hojbjerg in this one. If You have to play Maddison then start him from the left cutting in or just give him a place on the bench and at least attempt something different.

I can't help but feel our next 4 games are make or break both AND free hits all at the same time...

So no contradiction or pressure THERE then!!

Newcastle (a)
- week off -
Arse (h)
Chelsea (a)
Liverpool (a)

By ANYONE'S standards, that's a truly awful run of consecutive fixtures... I suppose Newcastle at the weekend is probably the 'easiest' of the 4... (and that's hardly a stroll in the park) ...we all know what Chelsea will turn up against us when we play them, and the Arse/Liverpool games are obviously the toughest two... and that's not even taking into account the TBC Man City game!!! 'kin ell!!!

I know Villa have all 3 to play as well, but knowing them, they'll roll over at the weekend, then go all out to beat City and Liverpool, JUST to rub it in!!
That 2 weeks off before Woolwich is not good for us. As Ange was saying, it’s been stop start all season. No rhythm. Remember the CL final, both teams had 3 weeks off before the game, worst champ lge final ever.
I think the big games all together at the end of the season will be good for us.

Are people actually watching how toothless we are looking offensively in addition to teams easily being able to cut through us at will?

I think people are not fully grasping this due to us sneaking wins. Ange is literally allowing a player to continue being invisible offensively whilst making the team looks so open and vulnerable whilst attempting to defend (Maddison). He plays him in the middle with an out of sorts Bissouma in this one and we'll get last years treatment.

Please Ange don't allow us to get opened up continuously again. Start any 3 of Bissouma, Bentancur, Sarr, Hojbjerg in this one. If You have to play Maddison then start him from the left cutting in or just give him a place on the bench and at least attempt something different.
We've seen plenty of times how bad we look without one of Madd/Gio in the advanced role.

Tough call but I'd probs go Bentancur at 6, Sarr as 8 and Madders as 10.

I can't help but feel our next 4 games are make or break both AND free hits all at the same time...

So no contradiction or pressure THERE then!!

Newcastle (a)
- week off -
Arse (h)
Chelsea (a)
Liverpool (a)

By ANYONE'S standards, that's a truly awful run of consecutive fixtures... I suppose Newcastle at the weekend is probably the 'easiest' of the 4... (and that's hardly a stroll in the park) ...we all know what Chelsea will turn up against us when we play them, and the Arse/Liverpool games are obviously the toughest two... and that's not even taking into account the TBC Man City game!!! 'kin ell!!!

I know Villa have all 3 to play as well, but knowing them, they'll roll over at the weekend, then go all out to beat City and Liverpool, JUST to rub it in!!
Never is a game a free hit mate. We are not Burnley

This is one of those games where we could win, they could win, we could lose, they could lose, or we could both draw!

Any which way, we fucking owe them for last seasons' anahilation!!

It can NEVER be that bad again...

Can it...?

NI, it can't!
we got this!
You missed option 6: They could both draw.

I think you mean 'analhilation' - the act of destroying something via the bum. And I agree.

1_JS248179728.jpg

State of those two foreheads down below...

Did the Saudi's think all Geordies have a forehead like that and hiring ForeHeddie Howe was like bringing in a hometown hero?

These will go toe to toe with us, we will score goals, the only question is, can we defend well and will we let them turn Sid James Park into a cauldron.

Hard to predict this one
Love it. Henceforth shall it be known: Sid James' Park. Haahahahahaaaa!

What kind of Carry On shall we see there, I wonder? Will it be 'Carry On Up the Khyber', 'Carry On Camping' or 'Follow that Camel'?

Vicario
Porro
Romero
Micky
Emerson
Hojbjerg
LoCelso
Bentancur
Johnson
Richy
Sonny
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Romero Micky Emerson
Hojbjerg
LoCelso Bentancur
Johnson Richy Sonny
[/lineup]

Bring on Werner & Mads vs tired legs around the hour mark and move Sonny to CF. Then round the 75th, protect our lead by adding some Romanian and Senegalese steel.
Why have yo dropped Udogie for Royal?

We beat them 4-1 in December with starters Vicario, Porro, Cuti, Davies, Udogie, Biss, Sarr, Kulu, Son, Richy, Johnson.
Subs we used included Gil, Skipp and Donley. They started Joelinton, Lascelles, Almiron. We’re so much stronger now and they have so many first choice missing. Ange got tactics spot on for us from the off in December I recall.
Don’t you think we should beat them comfortably?
Who did they have in their starting 11?
They've had at least as many problems as us.

Vicario
Porro
Romero
Micky
Emerson
Hojbjerg
LoCelso
Bentancur
Johnson
Richy
Sonny
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Romero Micky Emerson
Hojbjerg
LoCelso Bentancur
Johnson Richy Sonny
[/lineup]

Bring on Werner & Mads vs tired legs around the hour mark and move Sonny to CF. Then round the 75th, protect our lead by adding some Romanian and Senegalese steel.
Why Emerson in place of Udogie?

What exactly is staveleys job there? Being a bitch and writing out cheques. The way she slammed steve bruce whos a geordie was a disgrace. Think we will win 2-1 or 3-2. Eddie howe is declining as a manager there.

the way to prevent us getting carved up is to drop Saar and Bissouma, play Maddison in the middle and put Bentancur and Hojberg either side of him

Back
Top Bottom