New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People need to support the local pubs otherwise they will dispear and be turned into luxury flats/chickenshops/bookies. Levy knows what he is doing. As soon as there gone drinks prices will shoot up in the stadium. The Victoria pub closed last year. On a positive the Billy Nick is re opening.
I actually think proper competition for the pubs is needed. The Bill Nic is NOT a community pub, it’s only open on match days, the owner couldn’t give to fucks about the community. The Annie is arguably the best community pub. But the success of the new stadium a changing the habits of football fans to something back how it used to be (in fact I think it’s now better) at creating a day out will benefit the pubs outside the stadium too. Right now though the problem isn’t match days, it’s non match days and pubs are closing down all over the country for more than a decade now.

I thought they'd have a better handle on concession stocking and sort it our over the summer - but they really haven't. Certain drinks running out well before kick-off is not great, and the staff are as slow as ever. At 2:30 they'd even run out of some pies and sausage rolls (not the bloody vegetarian ones obv...) in a number of places, but seemed to have a few more ready by half time.

Maybe it'll be better in the league games - less people arriving to have a look around, but it was pretty obvious that the Inter game would have a lot of people arriving early to see the stadium for the first time.
Yeah, it's not acceptable if they keep running out of booze. Kinda defeats the point t of staying after games

I actually think proper competition for the pubs is needed. The Bill Nic is NOT a community pub, it’s only open on match days, the owner couldn’t give to fucks about the community. The Annie is arguably the best community pub. But the success of the new stadium a changing the habits of football fans to something back how it used to be (in fact I think it’s now better) at creating a day out will benefit the pubs outside the stadium too. Right now though the problem isn’t match days, it’s non match days and pubs are closing down all over the country for more than a decade now.
I also feel there is very little protection from government for local pubs as community assets in terms of tax relief and from unscrupulous developers. A friend of mine of mines parents were the managers at the Carlton Tavern in Maida Vale which is a beautiful pub. It was allways busy and was a listed building. Developers were told they were not allowed to knock it down and they did anyways. There was also a great pub in Hornsey the Hornsey Tavern. Again it was popular and busy. That was recently destroyed to make property. I get your point about the Billy Nick not being a community pub aka the Annie but my original post was about as a collective supporting the local pubs before they disappear. From the sounds of it the club has already put up the price of several drinks in the stadium and I will try to drink in there as little as possible.

Rumours on twatter the new owners of the Bill Nick are Wham.
giphy.gif

I also feel there is very little protection from government for local pubs as community assets in terms of tax relief and from unscrupulous developers. A friend of mine of mines parents were the managers at the Carlton Tavern in Maida Vale which is a beautiful pub. It was allways busy and was a listed building. Developers were told they were not allowed to knock it down and they did anyways. There was also a great pub in Hornsey the Hornsey Tavern. Again it was popular and busy. That was recently destroyed to make property. I get your point about the Billy Nick not being a community pub aka the Annie but my original post was about as a collective supporting the local pubs before they disappear. From the sounds of it the club has already put up the price of several drinks in the stadium and I will try to drink in there as little as possible.
Yeah, agree with that fella. The whole industry was also complicit into not waking up to the fact they need to change with the times too, loads of people have had a hand in the demise of the Pub.

My teenage years of supporting Tottenham could be getting revived. After a Saturday game, I wouldn't get home until the early hours, all of it spent in Tottenham. From Valentino's to Samanthas, to the many clubs in both directions up and down the High Road. The new stadium has/will bring a sense of that back (I personally, however, will not be found in a Club anytime soon, I hope the new wave of younger Spurs fan enjoyed Tottenham the way I did many moons ago) and I'm positive that when the novelty of the new place wears off, whilst still hugely popular the boozers outside will still be rammed, which I think they might be on match days.

I love the fact the High Road is now closed off on match days, it gives it something different, something special happening.

That's not what I heard, watched 'we are Tottenham tv'. about the Billy Nic reopening. Had one of the blokes talking to the new guvnor who said he's a Spurs fan.

That's not what I heard, watched 'we are Tottenham tv'. about the Billy Nic reopening. Had one of the blokes talking to the new guvnor who said he's a Spurs fan.
Maybe the bloke who was in a video and is the manager...only a rumour as i said but some of the replys to that video claimed the money behind the project was wham.

Back
Top Bottom