New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sounds like a decent bar crawl. Never been in the High Cross or the TCC before. What are they like?
High Cross has only recently opened in the last year. Used to be a block of toilets by the High Cross Monument on the junction of the High Road and Monument Way. Pretty small place so we'll head their first but can take your beers outside and sit on the wall that surrounds the pub. Really good beer choice. The TCC I have only been in once on the last day of last season. Heard it mentioned a few times on here so we checked it out. It has your typical social club feel to it but defintely worth a visit. Good prices as you'd expect and proper Spurs inside.

High Cross has only recently opened in the last year. Used to be a block of toilets by the High Cross Monument on the junction of the High Road and Monument Way. Pretty small place so we'll head their first but can take your beers outside and sit on the wall that surrounds the pub. Really good beer choice. The TCC I have only been in once on the last day of last season. Heard it mentioned a few times on here so we checked it out. It has your typical social club feel to it but defintely worth a visit. Good prices as you'd expect and proper Spurs inside.
Nice I live in Tottenham but have never been inside the high cross. My mate went in there and so it's very posh. Some of my mates drink in the TCC but have never been in. We're lucky to have so a wide range of boozers.

Lol not exactly true I was asked to be a "secret shopper" as a favour so spent some happy hours buying stuff at someone else's expense ... anyway I asked and was told there haven't been any price increases ... what's going on?
Fair enough I must have got my wires crossed, any way they have put the price of most beers up by 50p, not much granted and I guess I’m business when you are selling out you should put your prices up, but it’s just stinks of another way for the club to fleece there fans, only had the tail end of a season there and prices already increasing !

Fair enough I must have got my wires crossed, any way they have put the price of most beers up by 50p, not much granted and I guess I’m business when you are selling out you should put your prices up, but it’s just stinks of another way for the club to fleece there fans, only had the tail end of a season there and prices already increasing !

50p is a 12.5% increase. Ridiculous.

In addition, that 50p on a pint (568ml) is proportionately much less than 50p on one of the micro (330ml) bottle of Cider.

EQUALITY FOR CIDER DRINKERS....WE ARE BEING VICTIMISED!!!

In addition, that 50p on a pint (568ml) is proportionately much less than 50p on one of the micro (330ml) bottle of Cider.

EQUALITY FOR CIDER DRINKERS....WE ARE BEING VICTIMISED!!!
When I first got into the ground Sunday there was a guy Infront of me at the goaline bar getting 2 gamma rays and the guy behind the counter was trying 2 charge the £5-50 for a small can :pochfacepalm::pochlol:

Knew it was too good to last.

We’ll be at £6 a pint like every other corporate pisshole before you know it

Look at it like this, they are said to be taking £800k in food & drink revenue per match. Call it 25 homes games with cup matches, thats £20mn a season. With the new increases, that becomes £22.5mn. That extra £2.5mn (pre-tax) may just get Lo Celso over the line.

Or not.

Getting confused - have all beers gone up 50p - was told just yesterday this was not the case, is it?

Heineken certainly had gone up at the shelf bar on Sunday. Then again I wasn't paying that much attention to other prices, that's half the problem with it everything being contactless. Bloody hard to keep track of what you're spending!

Back
Top Bottom