New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif
Claret and blue.
Looks like spams back line appealing for offside.

Pie and a pint for £5.50 now.

From yesterday's Villa matchday guide email:

We also have our £5 Pie & Pint or £4 Pie & Soft Drink offer at all Tap Inns throughout the stadium for the first hour of the stadium opening.

Pricing

Now that we are back for our own season and events, food and beer pricing remains the same as last season. :lamelaaghh:

Everyone should take a copy of the email along and quote the Trade Descriptions Act or the UN Treaty on Human Rights. Or something. :llorisunsure:

We also have our £5 Pie & Pint or £4 Pie & Soft Drink offer at all Tap Inns throughout the stadium for the first hour of the stadium opening.

Pricing

Now that we are back for our own season and events, food and beer pricing remains the same as last season. :lamelaaghh:

Everyone should take a copy of the email along and quote the Trade Descriptions Act or the UN Treaty on Human Rights. Or something. :llorisunsure:

Maybe the prices were only higher for the ICC game - I don't think the club gets the match day revenue from those

Yep, that's what the Trust has said - they were raised because it's the ICC's choice, but now they're back to normal and there's a few new menu items too. Why they didn't point this out last week I don't know!

Who knows - just had a vague recollection of them charging ridiculous ticket prices at Wembley and the club saying it was nothing to do with them, they could only recommend what prices they should charge for everything.

Pricing

As well as that, Once they've tempted you into the stadium with the evil pie & pint routine, you're stuck in there for another 2 hours before kick off, so what do you do? Answer - buy more pies.
:angryscouser:

The little naughties.

WTH is going on with naming rights? Should we not have announced a deal prior to our first game of this new season? Surely Levy has been able to leverage our most successful European performance in club history into an "acceptable enough" deal. Can we get on with it already?

WTH is going on with naming rights? Should we not have announced a deal prior to our first game of this new season? Surely Levy has been able to leverage our most successful European performance in club history into an "acceptable enough" deal. Can we get on with it already?
Why the rush? Do we need naming rights?

Seems like he's obsessed with getting the 20 million a year figure, and holding out for that, so it may be another season without one, and also without a sleeve sponsor, as he wants the naming rights done first so that a sleeve sponsor doesn't clash with the naming rights. So it's a third season without a sleeve Sponsor (a loss of maybe 20 million), and a loss of this year's naming rights, say 10-15 million, as I guess we've had offers in that range.

So we're up to 35 millon down while Levy chases the perfect deal.

I think he's over valuing it personally. If no-one's prepared to pay more than 10 million a year then that's what it's worth.

Seems like he's obsessed with getting the 20 million a year figure, and holding out for that, so it may be another season without one, and also without a sleeve sponsor, as he wants the naming rights done first so that a sleeve sponsor doesn't clash with the naming rights. So it's a third season without a sleeve Sponsor (a loss of maybe 20 million), and a loss of this year's naming rights, say 10-15 million, as I guess we've had offers in that range.

So we're up to 35 millon down while Levy chases the perfect deal.

I think he's over valuing it personally. If no-one's prepared to pay more than 10 million a year then that's what it's worth.
If you had something then didn't have it - that's a loss.

Not having something and still not having it - that's not a loss.

If you had something then didn't have it - that's a loss.

Not having something and still not having it - that's not a loss.

Or if you could have something but didn't have it, that is also a loss. We don't have a sleeve sponsor that could pay 2 or 3 players salaries. We are losing the revenue the same as if we decided to let everyone in for free for a couple of games.

Levy has overvalued the value of the naming rights and we're losing money as a consequence.

Or if you could have something but didn't have it, that is also a loss. We don't have a sleeve sponsor that could pay 2 or 3 players salaries. We are losing the revenue the same as if we decided to let everyone in for free for a couple of games.

Levy has overvalued the value of the naming rights and we're losing money as a consequence.
No. We're not losing as we never had it.

Missing out on revenue perhaps, certainly not losing.

We need to get it right, as we'll be stuck with it for a long time. I like Tottenham Hotspur Stadium anyway, rather that, than some dodgy sponsor's name, TBH. I know that's not realistic in the modern game, but it would be nice if we didn't need to.

Any word on naming this thing yet? Last I heard Coca Cola was leading the charge...

Just found out most people don’t know the bell is called Big Ben and not the clock, the clock is called Tickety Ted the time telling bitch...😲

Back
Top Bottom