New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Having finally got in we went for the beer. I had a Neck Oil, but my mate wanted Amstel and that had run out an hour before kick-off! I was stunned by the toilets, especially compared with how bad they were at WHL. I thought the concourse seemed quite cramped, but when we left a few minutes early I realised it wasn't and had just been due to the huge numbers of people.

I thought they'd have a better handle on concession stocking and sort it our over the summer - but they really haven't. Certain drinks running out well before kick-off is not great, and the staff are as slow as ever. At 2:30 they'd even run out of some pies and sausage rolls (not the bloody vegetarian ones obv...) in a number of places, but seemed to have a few more ready by half time.

Maybe it'll be better in the league games - less people arriving to have a look around, but it was pretty obvious that the Inter game would have a lot of people arriving early to see the stadium for the first time.

I thought they'd have a better handle on concession stocking and sort it our over the summer - but they really haven't. Certain drinks running out well before kick-off is not great, and the staff are as slow as ever. At 2:30 they'd even run out of some pies and sausage rolls (not the bloody vegetarian ones obv...) in a number of places, but seemed to have a few more ready by half time.

Maybe it'll be better in the league games - less people arriving to have a look around, but it was pretty obvious that the Inter game would have a lot of people arriving early to see the stadium for the first time.

Have to agree, pet issue of mine having been asked to look into a few things as a fan when I was over last season. It was perhaps excusable to run out at the trial events and even the first couple of games when the uptake on food and drink was 400% above that expected ... but the company running it for us"Levy" are a massive organisation this is what they do ... sure it was only a friendly but they knew the ticket sales, as you say any idiot could have told you that a lot of fans would be coming especially to take in the facilities at a relaxed occasion ... to still be massively under-stocked that's inexcusable. I can say with near certainty someone from Levy will be getting their balls toasted in the offices today ... the fans experience is key to our income repeated fuck ups will not be going unnoticed.

Drop the club an e-mail ... honestly they do take note

So stadium has an increase of 152? waits for the Stratford Slut Bucket to announce an increase to the Baseball/Athletics/Monster truck/concert stadium of 153..
West Ham fans will believe her and claim a massive victory on Twatter..

Are we actually upping the capacity,or just fulfilling what it really is? I noticed the games last year were all sold out,but below the official capacity.
Confused...
Likely just allowed to use all of the seats that are in the stadium (minus those covered for segregation). They seemed to be holding back on issuing tickets for certain seats(I noticed front couple of rows unused for the Palace game) for the first few games. Not sure on the exact reasoning for it though

Likely just allowed to use all of the seats that are in the stadium (minus those covered for segregation). They seemed to be holding back on issuing tickets for certain seats(I noticed front couple of rows unused for the Palace game) for the first few games. Not sure on the exact reasoning for it though

The club lodged for seating increases roughly a month ago for extra seats added. Apparently there's space innand around the top tiers and behind the big screens that we can fill in due to sightlines so it definitely is an increase & nothing to do with ones that were held back

I don't like Earl Grey either,give me builders any day of the week ;)
I just think neck oil is a bad version of John Smiths. But others like it.
I don't remember anything like such a prominent hop profile in John Smiths, but I'll take your word for it :eriksenlol:

Regarding early grey, I had a sour berliner weisse that Beavertown did about 3 years ago. That was infused with earl grey, and was pretty good. I've had other beers with the stuff in it that were shocking though

I don't remember anything like such a prominent hop profile in John Smiths, but I'll take your word for it :eriksenlol:

Regarding early grey, I had a sour berliner weisse that Beavertown did about 3 years ago. That was infused with earl grey, and was pretty good. I've had other beers with the stuff in it that were shocking though
It may be made with better quality ingredients , but it tastes worse than JS to my real ale loving taste buds.
They should have got redemption in

I am drinking in the pub next season. £4.50 for a 330ml bottle of cider is fucking extortion.
I get its an events arena,and as such is going to be expensive.But i think they have missed a trick by not having cheaper alternatives.
I was in the coach early doors yesterday and couldn't believe how quiet it was.Even as we were leaving ,it was still quiet(by usual standards) as i presume most made their way straight to the ground.At £2.80 a pint as oppossed to £5.10, and very easy to get served, i know where i will be going pre/post match

Don't most London pubs charge way more than they charge inside the stadium? I'm sure the pub on the High Road, can't remember it's name, was charging at least a fiver for warm cans of Carling when I last went a few years back

Disappointing to hear about prices go up in the stadium but regarding the set up and crowds, I imagine there were a lot of people going to WHL for the first time yesterday. It was basically the first game on general sale?!

Once the league starts again it will be more regulars, and the regulars don't have the novelty of wanting to get in and explore the stadium early anymore. This season after a few games I expect it will settle. I'm looking forward to getting back into the old pubs again around the ground.

Don't most London pubs charge way more than they charge inside the stadium? I'm sure the pub on the High Road, can't remember it's name, was charging at least a fiver for warm cans of Carling when I last went a few years back

No 8 bar was extorting people in the last season of WHL. £5 for shit lagers from memory. Stopped going as they were taking the piss.

Back
Top Bottom